NBA returning to Seattle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Throwdown

Reaction score
NoChops":38nqp3yi said:
pretty sure its here in Dallas somewhere

Oh, WELL THEN! They usually hold their meetings there in NY.

And I tried to help and look for you, Google isn't our friend right now.

amill87

Reaction score
chris98251":2y2nngrw said:
This is Hansen daring the NBA to say no, if that vote is true then collution is also involved to manipulate the fair market and competitive practices of the business. Telling people to change a vote is really bad business, to do it to make something look other then it was in the public eye is also manipulation. I wonder if Hansen and the rest of the group knew the real vote or not.

This is looking like it's gonna be get ugly if they deny Hanson. It's a hole the NBA dug themselves though, they keep changing the rules to allow Sac back in it.

RealDeal

Reaction score
I just dont see how the NBA can walk away from not only this amount of money but this group. Group's lkke this don't just fall out of tree's. I feel there will be a team here if not this coming season but the next. I don't see the NBA steeping over a $100 bill to pick up 25 cents plus we have everything in place ready to go.

chris98251

Reaction score
The way Stern and the NBA as a whole is bending over backwards and using everything they can do to at first leverage the City of Sacramento to put up a bid for new owners and second get a Arena built using Hansens group and also Kevin Johnson is really pathetic. They may not want Sacramento to move and I can understand that after the debacle that happened here in Seattle with Bennett. But they also can't be so tunnel vision to take a group and have them spend the money Hansen and Balmer have spent to date and then publicly embarass them like Johnson, and then Stern basically give them the cold shoulder and hold the Sacramento groups hand and walks them thru what ever the NBA see's as necessary to get a bid approved. Moving dates, pushing out votes, changeing votes, all the stall tactics being used.

The NBA is used to being the big game in the Jungle and primary predator, the problem we have is that they chose to go into Jurassic Park with Hansen and Balmer. "Queue Jeff Goldblooms Chaos theory speech."

NoChops

Reaction score
Is there anyway they can really reject the sale? I'm not a law dog, but isn't that what it comes down to?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":10nk1l53 said:
This is Hansen daring the NBA to say no, if that vote is true then collusion is also involved to manipulate the fair market and competitive practices of the business. Telling people to change a vote is really bad business, to do it to make something look other then it was in the public eye is also manipulation. I wonder if Hansen and the rest of the group knew the real vote or not.
I'm thinking they did know the real vote was 4-3 against instead of 7-0 against, that's why they added another 75 million knowing the vote was that close, this just proves that Stern is rigging the game, and sets it up real nice for a flurry of anti-trust lawsuits against the NBA and Stern if H/B/N doesn't get a team now.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
NoChops":1i4qe0b8 said:
Is there anyway they can really reject the sale? I'm not a law dog, but isn't that what it comes down to?
Yes, but if they do, it opens the door to anti-trust lawsuits by both H/B/N and or the Maloffs as the league and Stern have clearly violated the Sherman Anti-trust act. DO I think Stern and the NBA think they are above the law, yes, yes I do, and they'll lose (the NBA that is)

RealDeal

Reaction score
I heard yesterday on the radio that the Maloffs wont have a good case in court but the seattle group would if they wanted to take it that far.

pinksheets

Reaction score
RealDeal":1dujgw7h said:
I heard yesterday on the radio that the Maloffs wont have a good case in court but the seattle group would if they wanted to take it that far.
They say that because the Maloofs have signed a waiver of recourse (agreement not to sue) as a condition of being an NBA owner. The problem with that is....the NBA is essentially a monopoly, so basically, if you want to be involved in pro-basketball, you have to do so with the NBA, and to do so with the NBA, you have to agree never to sue them. So basically, they use their deathgrip on an industry to write their own rules and force people to give up their legal rights, which isn't looked on kindly by the courts. It's coercive, basically, and those types of agreements are thrown out in cases far less obvious than this, where there isn't even a monopolistic force involved.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RealDeal":1wcu2hox said:
It matters on who you talk to, or listen to. Most NBA experts McCann and others don't want the NBA getting sued since that is they bread and butter and game they love, so you are not exactly getting info from unbiased sources when you hear stuff from the NBA national guys. I think H/B/N set the trap and the NBA and Stern blissfully walked right into it!

Lords of Scythia

Reaction score
RealDeal":9rz9xmkh said:
I heard that too. They were talking about of the different parties, whose legal position is weakest - it's the Maloofs because the contractual agreements of being an NBA owner. But HBN is not an owner, and the legal position of that entity is roughly equivilent to that of the EATER OF WORLDS.

RealDeal

Reaction score
Lords of Scythia":khfajdqc said:
RealDeal":khfajdqc said:
I heard that too. They were talking about of the different parties, whose legal position is weakest - it's the Maloofs because the contractual agreements of being an NBA owner. But HBN is not an owner, and the legal position of that entity is roughly equivilent to that of the EATER OF WORLDS.

Yea that is what I heard.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9265605/sources-maloof-family-cuts-new-deal-sacramento-kings

From the article:
Chris Hansen and Steve Ballmer, the deep-pocketed Seattle-based investors trying to acquire the team, have struck a new deal with the Maloofs that may create more drama in Sacramento and the league office.

Two sources told ESPN.com the Maloofs have informed their fellow owners that if their deal to sell and relocate the Kings to Seattle is not approved by league owners next week, they will not sell the team to a Sacramento-based group that promises to keep the Kings in Sacramento.

Instead, the cash-strapped Maloofs have made a "backup" agreement with the Hansen-Ballmer group to sell them 20 percent of the team for $125 million to allow the Maloofs to continue to operate the franchise.

That new "backup" plan comes on the heels of Hansen's announcement on Friday that he had upped his offer to buy the Maloofs' 65 percent of the Kings to $409 million (from $358 million) for a total valuation of $625 million.

Sources said that new proposal also included a $115 million offer to owners as a relocation fee, which would amount to about $4 million per team. By comparison, in 2008 when the Oklahoma City Thunder moved from Seattle, they paid a $30 million fee to the other owners.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2tximyjx said:
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9265605/sources-maloof-family-cuts-new-deal-sacramento-kings

From the article:
Chris Hansen and Steve Ballmer, the deep-pocketed Seattle-based investors trying to acquire the team, have struck a new deal with the Maloofs that may create more drama in Sacramento and the league office.

Two sources told ESPN.com the Maloofs have informed their fellow owners that if their deal to sell and relocate the Kings to Seattle is not approved by league owners next week, they will not sell the team to a Sacramento-based group that promises to keep the Kings in Sacramento.

Instead, the cash-strapped Maloofs have made a "backup" agreement with the Hansen-Ballmer group to sell them 20 percent of the team for $125 million to allow the Maloofs to continue to operate the franchise.

That new "backup" plan comes on the heels of Hansen's announcement on Friday that he had upped his offer to buy the Maloofs' 65 percent of the Kings to $409 million (from $358 million) for a total valuation of $625 million.

Sources said that new proposal also included a $115 million offer to owners as a relocation fee, which would amount to about $4 million per team. By comparison, in 2008 when the Oklahoma City Thunder moved from Seattle, they paid a $30 million fee to the other owners.
Coolness! HBN are playing chess while Stern and the NBA are playing checkers!

RealDeal

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3jub8t1k said:
Smelly McUgly":3jub8t1k said:

From the article:

Coolness! HBN are playing chess while Stern and the NBA are playing checkers!

Bammmmmm right in the face.
:177692:

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Throwdown":cc86c8d2 said:
115 MILLION FOR RELOCATION?!?!

How close are our boys to the B-Line?

401M for the 65%
15M for the 7%
115M for relo

That is 531M overall so far just to buy the team and move it to Seattle.

I like that to convince the other owners to ignore that moron David Stern, they are offering a bribe of 4M apiece.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts