Seattle being sabatoged from within

Cartire

Reaction score
So this is a cool write up on facebook using the stats of players favorite teams.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/facebook- ... 8370823859

Something pretty insane though is, if you scroll down to the bottom of the article, you will see the most likely friends of each team. If you root for the Hawks, you may also have friends that root for these teams:

(in order)

1. Dallas
2. Pitts
3. Green Bay
4. Oakland
5. NE

REALLY?? I thought it was quite odd how the teams I feel Hawks fans hate the most, seem to befriend people who like these teams the most. Pretty cool and weird statistic.

*Also, I am aware that these are some of the most bandwagoned teams out there, but it still shocked me that, in that order, it seems to also be a list of most hated teams by seahawks fans.

**Side side note: SEA did not break the top 5 for any other teams friends. Small market.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Cartire":k1knv1v4 said:
So this is a cool write up on facebook using the stats of players favorite teams.

Something pretty insane though is, if you scroll down to the bottom of the article, you will see the most likely friends of each team. If you root for the Hawks, you may also have friends that root for these teams:

(in order)

1. Dallas
2. Pitts
3. Green Bay

Arguably the 3 biggest bandwagon teams in the NFL. Kind of makes sense.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Cartire":1ib3tu3o said:

(in order)

1. Dallas
2. Pitts
3. Green Bay
4. Oakland
5. NE

REALLY?? I thought it was quite odd how the teams I feel Hawks fans hate the most, seem to befriend people who like these teams the most. Pretty cool and weird statistic.

*Also, I am aware that these are some of the most bandwagoned teams out there, but it still shocked me that, in that order, it seems to also be a list of most hated teams by seahawks fans.

**Side side note: SEA did not break the top 5 for any other teams friends. Small market.

The 3 most popular teams in NFL history, followed by another west coast team that was popular because of the color black, and then the winningest team of the past 15 years....nothing odd there.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":2lomsjcg said:
Cartire":2lomsjcg said:

(in order)

1. Dallas
2. Pitts
3. Green Bay

Doesn't the word "bandwagon" signify massive amounts of people that jump on during the good times? I'd say if you took this poll in 1965, 1975, 1985, 1995 and 2005 these would be the top teams during those years as well. Which would be the opposite of bandwagon.

Now teams like NE and the Saints? That's bandwagon. 20 years ago no one gave a crap about those teams, wasn't until they starting winning that people jumped on the bandwagon.

RockHawk

Reaction score
I have no idea how the title of this topic relates to the OP. I'm about *THIS* close to either moving it to the NFL forum, or editing the title.

OP
OP
Cartire

Cartire

Reaction score
RockHawk":3nwmy7zm said:
I have no idea how the title of this topic relates to the OP. I'm about *THIS* close to either moving it to the NFL forum, or editing the title.

The fact that our most hated teams our also some of our closest friends. The title is a sarcastic pun, but if you want me to change it I can. I thought the data was seahawks relevant enough.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3me481hu said:
twisted_steel2":3me481hu said:
Cartire":3me481hu said:

(in order)

1. Dallas
2. Pitts
3. Green Bay

Doesn't the word "bandwagon" signify massive amounts of people that jump on during the good times? I'd say if you took this poll in 1965, 1975, 1985, 1995 and 2005 these would be the top teams during those years as well. Which would be the opposite of bandwagon.

Now teams like NE and the Saints? That's bandwagon. 20 years ago no one gave a crap about those teams, wasn't until they starting winning that people jumped on the bandwagon.

Out of all the things to talk about and discuss from this thread, you choose to nitpick how I used the word bandwagon?

C'mon man! :lol:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":3soc33sy said:
Out of all the things to talk about and discuss from this thread, you choose to nitpick how I used the word bandwagon?

C'mon man! :lol:

No worries, I was just confused with that word when you listed three of the most hardcore fan bases in the league. Carry on.

The Radish

Reaction score
RockHawk":1tjcspvy said:

Hey Boss, I don't have any doubts, NFL it is.

OP
OP
Cartire

Cartire

Reaction score
The Radish":20mq9qyp said:
RockHawk":20mq9qyp said:

Hey Boss, I don't have any doubts, NFL it is.

Entire topic is about Seahawks fans data, and its moved to NFL? So should we start reporting all topics that mention another team within the same sentence as the hawks? Im obviously being facetious, but the nick picking is getting a tad ridiculous.

thebanjodude

Reaction score
Cartire":3ev63ks7 said:
Entire topic is about Seahawks fans data, and its moved to NFL? So should we start reporting all topics that mention another team within the same sentence as the hawks? Im obviously being facetious, but the nick picking is getting a tad ridiculous.

*Nitpicking

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
So we've had topic police, definition police and now spelling police in one thread (a cool thread in my opinion too).

Nice. :roll:

Train derail

chris98251

Reaction score
Well you know keep your freinds close and your enemies closer..............

Erebus

Reaction score
Being in the military, I work with people from all over the country. Sadly, this Facebook study proves what I already knew to be true. There are way too many Cowboys and Steelers fans. At least half have never lived in Texas or Pennsylvania. And worse yet, I'm friends with a bunch of them.

kearly

Reaction score
I have two friends that are diehard Broncos fans. I have two work-friends that are Rams fans (though one just converted to Seahawks fandom last month). One of my best friends is a Packers fan. I've known a few Raiders fans. Good friend in high school that I haven't talked to since 1999 was a diehard Steelers fan. So I guess I kind of support that survey of teams. I am surprised that Denver didn't make the list though. There are an unusually high number of Seattle transplants in Denver and vice-versa.

Erebus

Reaction score
The article got me curious about the total number of teams fan "likes" on Facebook, but it didn't list the numbers. So if anyone is interested, I did the research myself. Obviously not everyone uses Facebook, but this is a pretty good indicator of the popularity rankings of teams.

1. DAL - 5,368,803
2. PIT - 4,839,880
3. NE - 4,010,613
4. GB - 3,455,906
5. NO - 2,931,739
6. CHI - 2,695,688
7. NYG - 2,635,958
8. PHI - 2,020,708
9. OAK - 1,883,558
10. SF - 1,815,345
11. IND - 1,673,643
12. DEN - 1,516,775
13. NYJ - 1,494,875
14. BAL - 1,470,248
15. MIN - 1,417,508
16. MIA - 1,313,483
17. SD - 1,211,135
18. WAS - 1,100,232
19. ATL - 1,010,071
20. SEA - 857,452
21. DET - 851,946
22. HOU - 850,363
23. KC - 661,040
24. CIN - 639,663
25. CLE - 628,770
26. CAR - 566,095
27. TB - 542,933
28. ARI - 542,427
29. TEN - 522,826
30. BUF - 430,088
31. STL - 410,859
32. JAX - 303,979

BlueTalons

Reaction score
Awesome! In the last map of the study where the Hawks are still on there, we picked up a county in the south part of North Dakota! Do we have any players from there?

Rude144

Reaction score
Cartire":3nfv952f said:

(in order)

1. Dallas
2. Pitts
3. Green Bay
4. Oakland
5. NE
What do they all have in common? super bowls, don't worry Seattle you will not be irrelevant forever