When the Seahawks are eliminated...

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
I'll pull for the underBrowns sometimes, because they deserve better. But generally in any game that doesn't impact us, I root for the westernmost-based team; because f' the east coast and their bias.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Yeah same here, I tend to root for the westernmost teams when the Seahawks are out of it.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Complicated, like others.
1) AGAINST teams I HATE, Cowgirls top the list; list varies year to year.
2) For underdog or hard luck teams, Lions, Bills, Vikings
3) For teams with coaches are players I like (e.g., FOR Dan Quinn's Falcons, FOR Kurt Warner's Rams)
4) Against 49ers in the Superb Owl, but not necessarily against them in other playoff games.

This year the team(s) I'm pulling for, besides the Seahawks of course, include the Jacksonville Jaguars (Trevor Lawrence is the real deal), Vikings, Bills, Chargers (Justin Herbert), and maybe a couple others TBD.

Reaction score
Nope. Can't bring myself to root for anyone but the Hawks. I'll root against certain teams if they're still in it (SF, LA, LV, Denver). Overall, I start looking ahead to the next year and hope for good football from the teams that are still alive.

jeremiah

Reaction score
...do you automatically root for teams that have never won a SB??

Because, after the elation of winning SB48, I typically do.

This may speak to the shallowness of my character, but it was one of the most memorable and enjoyable days of my life. I fully accept that there are fans of other teams that love and follow their squad as much as I do the Seahawks. There is a certain satisfaction, if it's not us, in knowing that a different version of me is having their own, long awaited, Feb 2 , 2014.

Here is a list of teams that have never won a SB.
Does anyone else root for any of these teams when the Hawks are out, or do you prefer to keep the winners club as exclusive as possible? I'm genuinely curious who and why, so please discuss.
  • Minnesota Vikings
  • Buffalo Bills
  • Cincinnati Bengals
  • Carolina Panthers
  • Atlanta Falcons
  • Los Angeles Chargers
  • Tennessee Titans
  • Arizona Cardinals
  • Cleveland Browns
  • Detroit Lions
  • Houston Texans
  • Jacksonville Jaguars
Brownies vs Lions

49ersNFCWsBest

Reaction score
The Chiefs beat my Niners in the Superbowl and I said I would never cheer for them afterwards.

Then the Eagles that Head Coach and that fanbase appeared in the headlights last season.
I found it very easy to cheer for the Chiefs in last years Superbowl.

I'll never cheer for the Rams Seahawks in any Superbowl.

I was actually pulling for the Cardinals against the Steelers. Cheering mostly for Fitzgerald.

Oh yeah...Screw the Raiders. That's just a 49er Raider Fan thing.

GemCity

Reaction score
Bengals. Unfortunately, I attend more Cincy games than Hawks but that’s only due to where I live (about 25 minutes north of Cincinnati).

Most of my friends and family are Bengals fans as well.

I’ll pretty much watch any team..at any level.

Hawks are always the priority and have been for 30+ years now.

Threedee

Reaction score
Browns and Bungles are my go-to teams for the playoffs. I also like the Bills. In that regard, I do favor teams who haven't won a SB.

The Browns were actually a great franchise until the advent of the SB (and the Stealers had been a shitty one). They remained highly competitive until the day they moved. Definitely a tragic situation for Cleveland.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
If I had a "second favorite team" it would be the Vikings followed by the Bengals.

But yeah if there's another team still alive and all my top 3 teams are gone then I'll vote for whoever hasn't won a Super Bowl

Threedee

Reaction score
Complicated, like others.
1) AGAINST teams I HATE, Cowgirls top the list; list varies year to year.
2) For underdog or hard luck teams, Lions, Bills, Vikings
3) For teams with coaches are players I like (e.g., FOR Dan Quinn's Falcons, FOR Kurt Warner's Rams)
4) Against 49ers in the Superb Owl, but not necessarily against them in other playoff games.

This year the team(s) I'm pulling for, besides the Seahawks of course, include the Jacksonville Jaguars (Trevor Lawrence is the real deal), Vikings, Bills, Chargers (Justin Herbert), and maybe a couple others TBD.
I always root against the Cowgirls. As for hard luck teams, I will root for the Lions, but, never the Minnesota Poison Pillheads.

Xxx

Reaction score
...do you automatically root for teams that have never won a SB??

Because, after the elation of winning SB48, I typically do.

This may speak to the shallowness of my character, but it was one of the most memorable and enjoyable days of my life. I fully accept that there are fans of other teams that love and follow their squad as much as I do the Seahawks. There is a certain satisfaction, if it's not us, in knowing that a different version of me is having their own, long awaited, Feb 2 , 2014.

Here is a list of teams that have never won a SB.
Does anyone else root for any of these teams when the Hawks are out, or do you prefer to keep the winners club as exclusive as possible? I'm genuinely curious who and why, so please discuss.
  • Minnesota Vikings
  • Buffalo Bills
  • Cincinnati Bengals
  • Carolina Panthers
  • Atlanta Falcons
  • Los Angeles Chargers
  • Tennessee Titans
  • Arizona Cardinals
  • Cleveland Browns
  • Detroit Lions
  • Houston Texans
  • Jacksonville Jaguars
I would root for the lions because they have always been so terrible and I’m an underdogger. I probably would root for the jags because of Trevor Lawrence. I would never root for the cardinals, the titans I wouldn’t root for because they’re kinda boring besides Derrick, Texans are kinda interesting now cause of their qb but I wouldn’t root for them, the browns are sell outs, I like the chargers too but they aren’t such underdogs as they are under achievers, bengals lost their underdog status, I don’t like the Vikings uniforms lol!!!, I do like the bills but they’re not underdogs anymore either. I used to like the panthers before cam newton. And the falcons always remind me of bad guys.

GemCity

Reaction score
Ahh…in addition to Cincy, it doesn’t pain me to see the Lions doing well.

Thats one of those situations where a city has suffered for so long…and it’s refreshing to see them become competitive.

Detroit gets a bad rap. We went to a Hawks vs Lions game there a few years ago and didn’t have any negative interactions with any of their fans.

Indianapolis, on the other hand….

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
If I'm watching, I'm rooting for someone just to make the games more fun. Definitely easy to root for the teams without a championship. If the final 4 this year were all teams without titles, I'd probably root for Detroit. Out of the more successful teams, the Ravens are probably the easiest to root for for me. Their teams are always so different than who we we've usually seen win it all.

ivotuk

Reaction score
  • Minnesota Vikings - Yes
  • Buffalo Bills - Yes
  • Cincinnati Bengals -Yes
  • Carolina Panthers - Hell Naw!
  • Atlanta Falcons - Phhtt!
  • Los Angeles Chargers - Spanos aka "Lord of No Rings" I'd like to see them eliminated from the 1st round of the playoffs forever!
  • Tennessee Titans - Zzzzz
  • Arizona Cardinals - Not anymore...
Cleveland Browns - YES PLZ! Poor bastards had their team move to Baltimore and win 2 Supa'bowls.
  • Detroit Lions -- Ever since the XL debacle...never.
  • Houston Texans -- Not until CJ Stroud arrived. Something I really like about the guy.
  • Jacksonville Jaguars -- Another snoozer..