Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Update: Harvin's contract numbers revealed
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:50 pm 
NET Veteran

NorthwestSportsFan wrote:
I didn't think this deserved its own thread, but I didn't see if elsewhere. Looks like Harvin will be wearing #11.

http://t.co/LPEEMDp4l6

#11 was his High School number

Post subject: Re: UPDATED: Harvin's contract 6y/$67m $14.5m guaranteed
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:57 pm 
NET Veteran

What is dead money? I'm unfamiliar with that term.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:59 pm 
NET Bench Warmer

its money you have to pay a player that you released.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:01 pm 
NET Veteran

Spent money big we cut him today then we are paying that guaranteed.

I really like the contract especially the guaranteed money split with the money I injure portion only. I also like a six year deal. A four or five then he would still be getting a secon big contract. Probably doesn't happen now. Finally pretty even spread over the years so stays incentivized.

High cost in trade, fair contract overall good deal and it tells me Perxy wanted his payday BUT he wanted to be a part of a good team an a fair deal to all

Post Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:41 pm 
NET Starter

what are you the fans expectations for Harvins receiving yards, if he stays healthy, for 2013?

He has never even had 1000 yards receiving in a season, are your expectations that he surpasses 1000 yards in 2013?

Post Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:46 pm 
NET Starter

Well let's be honest, who was throwing him the ball? Now he has RW. He will put up big numbers for sure.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:51 pm 
NET Veteran

Ninerguy wrote:
what are you the fans expectations for Harvins receiving yards, if he stays healthy, for 2013?

He has never even had 1000 yards receiving in a season, are your expectations that he surpasses 1000 yards in 2013?

Yes. Because he won't have to deal with an incompetent organization and come to a real one with a REAL quarterback.. He will break 1000 receiving yards this year easily, and you will witness it. Boldin? Idk. He hasn't had an 1000 year season since Arizona, soo.. there's that. (just throwing that out there)

Post Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:52 pm 
NET Veteran

Ninerguy wrote:

Hard to say, given that we have Tate and Rice who will be sucking up a good amount of yardage as well. Also, Miller and Wilson seemed to have made a better connection near the end of the season, so that might take some yards away from the WRs too. But he can be such a weapon that I can't say he won't end up with 1000+ yards.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:57 pm 
NET Starter

Decimation wrote:
Ninerguy wrote:

Yes. Because he won't have to deal with an incompetent organization and come to a real one with a REAL quarterback.. He will break 1000 receiving yards this year easily, and you will witness it. Boldin? Idk. He hasn't had an 1000 year season since Arizona, soo.. there's that. (just throwing that out there)

I guess Favre wasnt a real quarterback...probably wont make it to the HOF right? Harvin may or may not have 1000 yds, I think he could do it.
Im just asking your opinion, to get a feel for hawk fans expectations...btw, I do not expect Boldin to have 1000 yards at all, 8-900 will be fine! we still have Crabtree and Vernon Davis to feed the ball to, I am hoping Boldin is more os a redzone threat honestly

Post Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:00 pm 
NET Veteran

Harvin doesn't need to hit 1000 yards. What he's going to add to this offense is a level of versatility and unpredictability that will be the tide that raises all ships. That's what he brings that somebody like Boldin certainly doesn't. He's taking an already explosive, versatile, unpredictable offense and pushing into the realm of absurdity.

If you're just looking at Percy's stat line and thinking you've got an idea of what he does or what to expect, you're missing the point in an embarrassing way.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:09 pm 
NET Veteran

i dont expect Harvin to have a 110 catch 1200 yard season like he would have last year, as one of the only weapons on his team.

Wilson isn't that type of QB.

I do expect one of PH's stats to be consistent though. Many of his runs, and catches, went for 1st downs. Among the league leaders in 1st downs gained in 9 games.

That's more valuable to touchdowns then me if drives stay alive then somebody else can have the touchdown.

I predict 800 yards receiving.

Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:18 pm 
NET Starter

Ninerguy wrote:
Decimation wrote:
Ninerguy wrote:

I guess Favre wasnt a real quarterback...probably wont make it to the HOF right? Harvin may or may not have 1000 yds, I think he could do it.
Im just asking your opinion, to get a feel for hawk fans expectations...btw, I do not expect Boldin to have 1000 yards at all, 8-900 will be fine! we still have Crabtree and Vernon Davis to feed the ball to, I am hoping Boldin is more os a redzone threat honestly

You're absolutely right, Favre did throw to Harvin. In 2009, the year of health for Sidney Rice, Percy Harvin, and Brett Favre. Between the two WR's they amassed over 2,100 passing yards. So I would use that as a good meter since they are both on our team. :)

Oh and he was on pace to hit over 1,200 yards last year. But he did get injured so who knows what really would have happened.

Last edited by BigMeach on Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:18 pm 
NET Starter

That's a pretty good contract. I'm surprised that they were able to get him to agree to the injury provision in terms of the guaranteed money part.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:36 pm 
NET Starter

Ninerguy wrote:
Decimation wrote:
Ninerguy wrote:

Farve was the QB throwing to PH, but Farve's main guy is also with us, Rice, that when he actually went to the ProBowl.
The expectation of PH for me as a hardcore fan, i believe PH certainly at least participate in all play-off games and most of the season. Also, to answer your yardage question, i believe PH has to minimally get 1000 all purpose yards every year either through special teams, RB, WR, etc...
But to specifically answer WR yards since most are answering it like that, i believe a 750-850 yards per year will be amazing considering that i believe he has to have 1000 all purpose yards and our style, this will be the ultimate running team with all of our weapons, they cannot stack the box anymore, like the rams, 9ers, and cards have been doing. Lynch will have a monster year with our line i think will probably add another probowler in maybe Carpenter, i see it in him.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:39 pm 
NET Veteran

I think Percy Harvins versatility and explosiveness will be great for this offense but I doubt he goes for much more than 800 yards receiving and 9 or 10 touchdowns considering how run centric this offense is(and don't kid yourself Pete is and always will be run first). Not to mention Wilson is not going to suddenly stop throwing to Sidney Rice and Golden Tate. I'm thinking some here have some unrealistic expectations of what Percy will be able to do here. Not saying he won't be an asset that makes this team more explosive and harder to game plan for, but for what his actual numbers are (and probably will be here) I still think we are overpaying. But I guess you do what you have to get the piece you want.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:43 pm 
NET Veteran

Ninerguy wrote:
Decimation wrote:
Ninerguy wrote:

Harvin was with Favre for the first 2 years of his career. How many WRs excel in their first 2 years in the NFL? Answer: Not many.

BTW, playing with a crappy QB last year, he was on pace to hit 116 receptions over the course of 16 games. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:53 pm 
NET Veteran

Yeah, total receiving yards is not a good stat to gauge the production of our WRs in this offense. We're going to spread it around. We're going to run the ball. We're going to use Miller. Doug is going to continue to get snaps. Things are going to open up for Golden and Sidney on the edges. Harvin is also going to see his share of touches in various run packages.

There is going to be a cumulative effect that Harvin has on the entire offense that goes far beyond his own receiving yards. Very possible for him to make a huge impact in this specific offenses while getting far less than 1,000 yards receiving.

Post subject: Wheres the love?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:26 am 
* NET Eeyore *

Man I was so pumped for the Harvin deal, but today all I have heard and seen from the talking heads and media outlets is what a great trade the Niners made and how much better they are because of it and granted they are better with Bouldin. Yet for us it always seems to come back to the idea that we overpaid and all the potential negatives and attitude problems revolving around Harvin. Anyone else annoyed by the negative or more critical views of our trade as opposed to the Niners trade?

Post subject: Re: Wheres the love?
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:30 am 
NET Veteran

Even I on the the outlay couldn't help but admire that Anquan Boldin was had for the second-to-last natural pick in the 6th. Regardless, after watching up on Percy Harvin and seeing him at the presser today I have no doubt that this deal will pay off in spades for the Seahawks over the course of YEARS. What an addition

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:33 am 
NET Veteran

Couldn't care less what the media jabber is.

All of the talk about compensation for either trade is fun, but we picked up an elite gamechanging playmaking young talent, the 9ers got an aging possession receiver type that doesn't really add anything they didn't already have.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:33 am 
NET Starter

I'm so happy. Go to Seahawks.com and watch the press conference and harvins address to the fans... He is so excited to be a Seahawk and is obviously going to put everything he has into his time here. I think it could turn out to be the best trade we have had, next to lynch. I was kinda skeptical till I watched the videos and press conference.

http://www.youtube.com/rxstr8

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:40 am 
NET Veteran

The best part of that deal is, if Boldin retires...SF loses their 6th anyway.

Last edited by Russell Wilson on Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:20 pm, edited 29-3 times in total.
Last edited by NFC Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:14 pm, edited 23-17 times in total.
Last edited by World Champion Russell Wilson on Sun Feb 2, 2014 7:14 pm, edited 43-8 times in total.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:18 am 
* Glitter over Knives *

All I want is for the media to love us.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:19 am 
* Glitter over Knives *

Unconditionally. With all of their heart.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:15 am 
NET Veteran

I've seen a few things that indicate the Seahawks are not a well liked team seems like every move the seahawks make comes with scrutiny. I remember seeing picks made against seattle (in games)no matter how far they have come but i think it comes down to the way we have beaten some of the most well liked teams(Packers,Patriots,9ers,) in the NFL and when your favorite teams gettin beat you tend not to like the team thats doin it. It seems to me alot of these analysts favor those teams but i like it that way it gives our players that chip on their shoulder and that has been doin us just fine.

A HATERS GONNA HATE

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:20 am 
NET Veteran

bestfightstory wrote:
Unconditionally. With all of their heart.

Like totally BFF's?

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:45 am 
* NET Radish *

Blitzer88 wrote:
Man I was so pumped for the Harvin deal, but today all I have heard and seen from the talking heads and media outlets is what a great trade the Niners made and how much better they are because of it and granted they are better with Bouldin. Yet for us it always seems to come back to the idea that we overpaid and all the potential negatives and attitude problems revolving around Harvin. Anyone else annoyed by the negative or more critical views of our trade as opposed to the Niners trade?

No cause its nothing new so why get worked up about it? I swear Blitz some people just look for something to worry/be insulted about. If we won the next 2 SBs the ninnirs would still get more print that we do.

Its just more of the same, can't believe anyone here is worrying about it after the love the media has shown for RW.

:141847_bnono:

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:47 am 
NET Veteran

I actually kinda find myself a bit offput by the media hype. Don't want it, don't need it. Who cares what the talking heads say about this or that, we know the talent we have on our team, let our play speak to the world.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:10 am 
NET Veteran

I don't know what you're watching but Ive heard nothing but praise from the talking heads. Maybe its because I don't watch ESPN.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:14 am 
NET Veteran

Course the Niners are going to be cuddled until everyone else hurls...The Giants were the year before...etc etc. Conference Champions are going to get the resepct. We want it, gotta take it.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:15 am 
NET Veteran

Blitzer88 wrote:

Well its a massive story with lots of mitigating factors and risks for both sides. Why ignore that very obvious and very intriguing storylines?

Boldin to the 9ers is just bland business. A good deal, but not a potential game changer.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:17 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

Vegas has us a new super bowl favorite. What more do you need?

I prefer fear to love, at least in football.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:17 am 
NET Veteran

Blitzer88 wrote:

Oh jeez.

Look, Harvin DOES come with baggage, and we DID pay a lot for him - both in terms of contract dollars and draft picks. That stuff is fair to point out. But all the discussion of Harvin has ALSO included the fact that he's one of the most explosive playmakers in the league and that the Seahawks offense is downright scary. I've seen more than one pundit suggest that Seattle is the NFC favorite now, or at the very least, they're neck and neck with last year's NFC SB rep.

As for Boldin and the 49ers, that WAS a great trade for the 49ers. Seriously. They've got a loaded team, as well, and it's unlikely that a 6th round pick is going to make a real impact for that team. So turning a 6th round pick into Anquan Boldin was a very good move for them. They had a hole at WR, and if Boldin plays even close to the way he played in last season's playoffs, it's a HUGE steal for them - even if it's only for 1 year at $6 million.

If you're upset that the 49ers are getting good coverage for the Boldin trade, then you're screwed because they DESERVE good coverage for it. If you're upset because all you're hearing is negative and critical views on our Harvin trade, then I'd suggest that you're letting an inferiority complex get you down, because there's been a TON of good press for the Seahawks on this one, and you're just hearing what you expect to hear.

In fact, since our game against Chicago last season, the Seahawks have been getting a massive amount of attention from the national media. That was a huge win, and we followed it up with a series of beatdowns. We took down the league's golden boy in RGIII and were favored by many to beat the #1 seed in their own house. Our game against Atlanta was one of the best of the entire year, and it showcased the Seahawks as contenders. For a team that wasn't even in the conference championships last season, we're getting tons of press. If we can get a SB appearance or two over the next few years, we'll start being seen as one of the league's marquee teams.

I'm not sure this board can handle that.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:18 am 
NET Ring Of Honor

Who cares, we got one of the most dynamic, talented players in the world, they got an aging unspectacular player.

It isn't even close.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:21 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*

Besides, the Niners and Hawks were not in a competition to see who culd have the best signing on a specific day, they were trying to make their teams better, and they did. For now. The rest is bullshit to make you watch commercials.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:50 am 
* NET Hottie *

Blitzer88 wrote:

Do yourself a favor, turn off the TV or radio if it bothers you so much. Just a suggestion.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:57 am 
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*
*TOP 5 SUPPORTER*

bestfightstory wrote:
All I want is for the media to love us.

:lol: OK Dom, what have you done with Leif :D

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:58 am 
*NET #1 Sherman Fan*

Man....Seahawks fans really need to get over the insecurity and stop looking to the media for affirmation.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:58 am 
NET Veteran

Scottemojo wrote:
Vegas has us a new super bowl favorite. What more do you need?

I prefer fear to love, at least in football.

Perfectly said.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:25 am 
*SILVER SUPPORTER*
*SILVER SUPPORTER*

I've heard nothing but good criticism from the media heads on NFL network. They all say that this is a win-win trade. The key word I keep hearing from them is that this makes the team more "dynamic". Then they move on a say we still need a pass rusher.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:50 am 
NET Veteran

I don't give a steaming Harbaugh how many yards Harvin gets. The real question is how are the three NFC West jabronies planning on defending him twice a year while also covering Rice, Tate, Miller, Lynch, and Wilson? Yeah? Good luck with that!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:53 am 
* NET Philistine *

Ninerguy wrote:
Decimation wrote:
Ninerguy wrote:

The stat we care about is total touchdowns, not yards receiving (though, I'm expecting Harvin to account for 1600 yards between returning/receiving/running). If he averages 10 TDs a season for us, it's money well spent.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:01 am 
* 17Power Blogger *

Wow. How many times is this front office going to hit it out of the park? This is all too good to be true.

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!

Follow me on Twitter at @17power

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:02 am 
NET Veteran

Sarlacc83 wrote:
Ninerguy wrote:

The stat we care about is total touchdowns, not yards receiving (though, I'm expecting Harvin to account for 1600 yards between returning/receiving/running). If he averages 10 TDs a season for us, it's money well spent.

This is my thinking as well. I'd be kinda surprised if Harvin notched 1000 yards receiving, given how many options Seattle has and how the team likes to spread the ball around. I do, however, think he'll give us more TDs and plenty of first downs that we might not have gotten last season. I expect that Harvin's going to earn his keep on 3rd downs.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:20 am 
NET Starter

I think Pete is about protecting the football, not necassarily running the football. Russell has already proven he can protect the football so short throws to the slot are probably not much more risky than a running back straight up fumbling the football. I would expect to see Harvin to help them become much more unpredictable on first and second down this year!

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:21 am 
NET Veteran

I expect production around 60 receptions for 900 yards, 30 rushes for 200 yards, he's never going to get 120+ targets in this offense, as Wilson will spread the ball around often.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:46 am 
NET Rookie

volsunghawk wrote:
Blitzer88 wrote:

Oh jeez.

Look, Harvin DOES come with baggage, and we DID pay a lot for him - both in terms of contract dollars and draft picks. That stuff is fair to point out. But all the discussion of Harvin has ALSO included the fact that he's one of the most explosive playmakers in the league and that the Seahawks offense is downright scary. I've seen more than one pundit suggest that Seattle is the NFC favorite now, or at the very least, they're neck and neck with last year's NFC SB rep.

As for Boldin and the 49ers, that WAS a great trade for the 49ers. Seriously. They've got a loaded team, as well, and it's unlikely that a 6th round pick is going to make a real impact for that team. So turning a 6th round pick into Anquan Boldin was a very good move for them. They had a hole at WR, and if Boldin plays even close to the way he played in last season's playoffs, it's a HUGE steal for them - even if it's only for 1 year at $6 million.

If you're upset that the 49ers are getting good coverage for the Boldin trade, then you're screwed because they DESERVE good coverage for it. If you're upset because all you're hearing is negative and critical views on our Harvin trade, then I'd suggest that you're letting an inferiority complex get you down, because there's been a TON of good press for the Seahawks on this one, and you're just hearing what you expect to hear.

In fact, since our game against Chicago last season, the Seahawks have been getting a massive amount of attention from the national media. That was a huge win, and we followed it up with a series of beatdowns. We took down the league's golden boy in RGIII and were favored by many to beat the #1 seed in their own house. Our game against Atlanta was one of the best of the entire year, and it showcased the Seahawks as contenders. For a team that wasn't even in the conference championships last season, we're getting tons of press. If we can get a SB appearance or two over the next few years, we'll start being seen as one of the league's marquee teams.

I'm not sure this board can handle that.

See im just pessimistic... but Why should they get praise... No one in their right mind would trade their SB star receiver for a 6th round.. Just Brother to Brother teams did..

Everyone says Boldin makes them better.. I suppose a little.. but Boldin has never met his Arizona numbers in a Ravens uniform, as he had Larry Fitzgerald on the otherside of him. Mr Crabtree is no Larry Fitzgerald.

Who cares who the favorite is... Id like to see some real reporting one day ;) Niners trade for a declining (look at the numbers) 33 year old Receiver.. some how gifted with a 6 round pick.... Seahawks trade for first round talent, that has almost matched all of boldins numbers every year, never having played a full season

Heck Harvin was only 250 some odd yds and 1 td behind Boldin this year... in 9 games vs 16

It doesnt take a rocket science to know seattle got the better deal I dunno

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:50 am 
NET Rookie

themunn wrote:
I expect production around 60 receptions for 900 yards, 30 rushes for 200 yards, he's never going to get 120+ targets in this offense, as Wilson will spread the ball around often.

Tom Brady spreads the ball all over the place and Wes Welker still gets 150 targets a year. I know they throw a lot more, but Percy is gonna get a 100 reception season or two with this offense. I'm sure of it. He's too damn good.

"If I were Tarvaris Jackson and Matt Flynn, I'd be leery of this kid because if you give him a chance, if you give him a chance and look past his 5 foot 11 or 5-10 and a half or whatever it is, if you give this kid a legitimate chance to win the job, he'll win it" - John Gruden

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:55 am 
NET Veteran

They seem to be ignoring some of the players the 49ers have lost.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:58 am 
* NET Philistine *

I agree with you all!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]