One year ago today

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Peyton Manning became a free agent. Remember that time? The chaos? The angst, the :shock: , the :thirishdrinkers: , the :177692: , the :240039: , and finally the :428226_SadEmoticon:

And then we got Russell Wilson a couple months later. Last off-season was a wild ride; this season is boring as hell in comparison. But I'll take boring. We're that much closer to winning it all!

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Never thought we'd get him. Never really wanted him. Wouldnt trade Russell Wilson for Peyton Manning and 3 first round picks.

OP
OP
Seahawk Sailor

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
JSeahawks":bwwipbaq said:
Never thought we'd get him. Never really wanted him. Wouldnt trade Russell Wilson for Peyton Manning and 3 first round picks.

My thoughts exactly, although I probably wanted him a little more than you. Of course pre-Wilson, it was pretty easy to get excited about him. And in hindsight, it was probably a good thing we didn't get him.

sutz

Reaction score
This off season is boring because we don't really need to add a lot of players. We're already pretty good. :)

rjdriver

Reaction score
For me, the most noteworthy part of this off season has been watching and thinking about what moves the Niners are making. Between their plethora of picks and the Smith trade, seems I am as concerned with them scoring big FA's as I am us doing the same.

I agree though, this off season has an entirely different vibe to it. Feels so great to not be at all concerned about the QB position for the first time in a number of years. I can't wait for the draft, I just hope we can find our way to the opposing QB a little more consistently next year. In JS I trust.

warden

Reaction score
I have no problems at all with not giving some 36 year old QB coming off his 4th neck surgery a 100 million dollars.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I can't wait for the Wilson vs. Manning Super Bowl next year. That's full circle my friends

kearly

Reaction score
For me, and maybe only me, this offseason is not boring at all. Extremely exciting draft this year. One of the deepest drafts ever, and if you do your homework, it's going to be the funnest draft to watch because you'll actually know the names almost all the way through this year.

I think there are some really intriguing "buy low" draft picks and free agents this year, and those excite me a lot more than signing someone like Mike Wallace to mega-millions. I like Mike Wallace, but if we got Danario Alexander for a late round pick and a 3/9 type contract, I'd say we just made one of the best moves of anyone in free agency. The best moves aren't often for the biggest names, but for the best players on the cheapest contracts.

NYCoug

Reaction score
kearly, I was reading up on Danario Alexander earlier in the offseason. He's a guy that intrigued me with his size and history of dominant performances. Apparently he's got some really serious injury concerns. Something about chronically bad knees. 3/9 would be affordable but rumor around San Diego is that the Bolts are going to assign him a 1st round tender since he's an RFA. I think a 1st is a bit too steep for my liking. Still not official though, so we shall see.

And somewhere, far away in some alternate universe... Peyton Manning actually signed for Seattle. Meanwhile, the Hawks drafted Brock Osweiler to be his eventual successor. In Denver, the Broncos walked away from the draft with another ex-baseball player/QB. Who knows what'll happen next season.

Thank God that didn't really happen. Russell Wilson is my favorite athlete to cheer for of all-time, already. Can't believe I'm this lucky to get to watch his career play out as a Seahawk. I'm not worthy! :bow:

Largent80

Reaction score
I remember Pete and John waiting for him in an airplane to whisk him off to Seattle.

I'm glad the way things turned out.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
A few years from now you won't be able to say that if present progress continues. A nice problem to have developing.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Well, one of the main topics was Tarvaris Jackson. Now, it's Russell Wilson. I like how it went from a depressing topic to promising one in a year. That's what an intelligent QB can do to a team.