More Depressed Today Than Yesterday

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I'm alone here but I think what's happening is that the finality of it all has finally sunken in.

Yesterday I was pretty numb but today I've been coming to terms with the fact that the magic carpet ride of the 2012 season really is over. So damn close. So damn close.

I honestly feel more for my fellow 12 than I do my own feelings. I loved watching the news every night and seeing the faces of people light up, wearing their Seahawk flare proudly, so excited for the possibilities. For those who don't think sports are important to a community, a city, a fanbase...They are living in a cave (with no Comcast or Direct TV). It's probably the only pure unifying force outside of a national tragedy that can bring complete strangers together for one common cause.

I know I have professed my love for #3 on this forum ad nauseum but I just can't stop thinking about how incredibly blessed and fortunate we are to have him leading our team for years to come. It truly could not have happened to a better fanbase. The fans of the Seattle Seahawks are truly the best in all of sports. It's easy to latch on to a perennial winner. It takes guts and fortitude to back a football team that is considered by many to be for the most part, little more than an afterthought. A team where some would say, "Oh yeah, the Seahawks...Aren't they from Alaska or Canada?"

Russell Wilson single-handedly changed that perception this year and put this team on the map to not only contend, but be considered one of the elite teams of the NFL in the making.

So yes, the curtains have finally been lowered on a season we will never forget. I am sad that we didn't get to have the opportunity to spend this week talking about how we are going to beat the 49ers in the NFC Championship and watch Jim Harbaugh's face explode on live television. I am convinced that there is not a player or coach in that organization that was hoping the Seahawks would win last Sunday. They dodged a bullet big time.

I am a huge Falcons fan this Sunday. I want nothing more than to see Harbaugh come unglued and have their season end in glorious fashion. And one more thing about the Falcons. They are a class team. I am so glad we lost to them and not a team like the Redskins or 49ers or some other team with truly douchy players and fans. Not once did I hear them talk crap about us or our players. They were quitely confident all week leading up to the game and I can respect that. In Mike Smith's post-game presser, he said the Seahawks are an excellent team and boy is he right.

My heart is heavy today but even more, my heart is soaring with the knowledge of what is to come.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I keep waking up with visions of Browner picking off Ryan on that last drive and going to the ground. We win. :(

ParisPC07

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":m80q0hyr said:
I keep waking up with visions of Browner picking off Ryan on that last drive and going to the ground. We win. :(

Why did you make me imagine that? I feel it in my stomach.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I doubt my emotions will change too much before Sunday. The first day of football without any meaning whatsoever to me. It's going to hit like a brick

salamander

Reaction score
I'm pretty happy. I had a fun year and will have fun as long as we have Pete and Russell. I honestly think Wilson will be Seattle legend. They went out, but went out in style.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
I feel bad for guys like my old man who have been supporting this team since day one and is responsible for me becoming the Seahawk affecionado that I am. The saying is, well, there's always next year. Well for guys like my dad (or anybody for that matter) next year isn't guaranteed. I would love nothing more then for our beloved Hawks to win one before his time is up.

Love you dad.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Mistashoesta":2530egya said:
I feel bad for guys like my old man who have been supporting this team since day one and is responsible for me becoming the Seahawk affecionado that I am. The saying is, well, there's always next year. Well for guys like my dad (or anybody for that matter) next year isn't guaranteed. I would love nothing more then for our beloved Hawks to win one before his time is up.

Love you dad.

This has been on my mind lately. Now middle-aged and knowing there are no guarantees in life, I am beginning to feel the weight of knowing I won't be here forever and I want so desperately to see the Seahawks win a Super Bowl before it's my time to leave Earth School.

Let's do this thing. Let's win it all in 2013.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":djp4g870 said:

That's crazy, I have have the same vision over and over

bellingerga

Reaction score
Im sad that our season is over, but other than that, I'm pretty happy. I feel so enthusiastic and comfortable knowing that we're going to win a superbowl within the next 2 or 3 years, and everything is just going to be alright.

The Radish

Reaction score
Todd, its over!! Go crash an airplane or something!

:D

All you whiners that don't want to wait. How about myself, Big Pumpkin, Lymon? All of us either 69 soon to be 70, or 70 soon to be 71?

I know some won't believe this but sports aren't important in the real story of life. I have a son that loves sports and booze more than anything and I feel sorry for him all the real life he's missed.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
This is no time for perspective, Les! Let us wallow for a bit, for the love of all that is good and holy!

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
I'm past it... its a game......and emotional game but a game.... Stress season is over.. time to think about how awesome next year will be.
Have you EVER been more excited for the next year like this.. I haven't... i'm excited.. do we go after a #1 wide out. do we go after de's DOes pete convert the equiptment intern into a valid tight end.. I mean... really anything is possible.....I'm excited... I got my moneys worth and I made damn sure to tell my rep about it.
twice....

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
'im regretting all the flowers I sent her to improve my chances on the superbowl lotto now that its not going to happen...LOL

drdiags

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":hc907pku said:

When I first saw the replay of the catch by Douglas along the sideline, I thought I saw that Browner slipped. Kept thinking if that doesn't happen he gets a "Welker" shot on Douglas and who knows what would have happened?

Just adding to others misery. :stirthepot:

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
drdiags":2fsdkfhw said:
Zebulon Dak":2fsdkfhw said:

When I first saw the replay of the catch by along the sideline, I thought I saw that Browner slipped. Kept thinking if that doesn't happen he gets a "Welker" shot on Douglas and who knows what would have happened?

Just adding to others misery. :stirthepot:

I'd honestly rather imagine fantasy scenarios than just accept that it's over.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I personally just never felt "bummed". Even after the Hawks scored that go-ahead TD, in the back of my mind I was thinking "there is too much time left".

I felt the Hawks were capable of beating anyone, but I also felt that they just weren't ready or discipline enough to make it all the way. I know it would have been epic, but deep down I was thinking that they exceeded my expectations. If they would have won the 2 seed? I say they go all the way, even if the NFCC was in Atlanta.

Those road games built this team's character in a big way. If they had choked big on the Falcon game, I would be bummed, but they had the lead and lost to chance and some really, really good playmakers in the end. The Hawks are going to be a very good team on the road next year, they know how to win those games. As long as they continue to improve, I am just enjoying the ride to the top.

RussellMania is going off the charts... These are bright days fellas, very bright indeed.

Keyhawk

Reaction score
Same here. Still feeling numb. Kind of lost interest in listening to NFL Radio and watching NFL Network now that our season is over just like that.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
The team made an incredible step forward this season, we were 30 secs away form being in the conference championship. I dunno who would have been bold enough to predict that after week 1.

If your'e down just remember that this is just the beginning of YEARS of winning football. No more of these 5-11/7-9 teams.

We're not one of these 'rebuilding' teams or a team who just got a new coach and needs a QB. been there done that. We are a young explosive team that is going to be fun to watch for YEARS. Think of how bad it would suck to be one of those other teams...the Eagles, Chiefs etc who thought they had something good but it wasn't now they have to start over.

Every time I start to get down I just remember that. The table is set. Wilson will win multiple Superbowls.