More Depressed Today Than Yesterday

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
After the Seahawks scored on their first drive of the 2nd half...i got really pumped i was like " there could be a comeback in this team yet" then the Falcons drove down the field and scored i lost all the adrenaline i built up and felt really sleepy and allowed my self to lay on the couch and fall asleep. I remember having a dream where the announcers said " UNBELIEVABLE...the seahawks have made the greatest comeback in NFL playoff history with just seconds to go this game looks to be over" i got pissed rolled over and turned the TV off * in my head i thought the game had been over for hours* I tried to go back to sleep but about 40 mins later. I gave up. Got on my phone on ESPN to see what the final was to see if the Seahawks atleast managed to score to make it not look like a blow out. When i saw the score the first thought that went through my head was " please...for the love of god let that just be a garbage time TD that the Seahawks got and had no chance to win...please dont let them have taken the lead and let the falcons kick a fg to win"
I still havent seen the end of the game. But from reading on here knew how the game played out. Still have never seen anything from the 4th quarter of that game. And i never will. But i feel worse and worse about it every single day now.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Aros":38w54z6m said:
I'm not sure if I'm alone here but I think what's happening is that the finality of it all has finally sunken in.

Yesterday I was pretty numb but today I've been coming to terms with the fact that the magic carpet ride of the 2012 season really is over. So damn close. So damn close.

I honestly feel more for my fellow 12 than I do my own feelings. I loved watching the news every night and seeing the faces of people light up, wearing their Seahawk flare proudly, so excited for the possibilities. For those who don't think sports are important to a community, a city, a fanbase...They are living in a cave (with no Comcast or Direct TV). It's probably the only pure unifying force outside of a national tragedy that can bring complete strangers together for one common cause.

I know I have professed my love for #3 on this forum ad nauseum but I just can't stop thinking about how incredibly blessed and fortunate we are to have him leading our team for years to come. It truly could not have happened to a better fanbase. The fans of the Seattle Seahawks are truly the best in all of sports. It's easy to latch on to a perennial winner. It takes guts and fortitude to back a football team that is considered by many to be for the most part, little more than an afterthought. A team where some would say, "Oh yeah, the Seahawks...Aren't they from Alaska or Canada?"

Russell Wilson single-handedly changed that perception this year and put this team on the map to not only contend, but be considered one of the elite teams of the NFL in the making.

So yes, the curtains have finally been lowered on a season we will never forget. I am sad that we didn't get to have the opportunity to spend this week talking about how we are going to beat the 49ers in the NFC Championship and watch Jim Harbaugh's face explode on live television. I am convinced that there is not a player or coach in that organization that was hoping the Seahawks would win last Sunday. They dodged a bullet big time.

I am a huge Falcons fan this Sunday. I want nothing more than to see Harbaugh come unglued and have their season end in glorious fashion. And one more thing about the Falcons. They are a class team. I am so glad we lost to them and not a team like the Redskins or 49ers or some other team with truly douchy players and fans. Not once did I hear them talk crap about us or our players. They were quitely confident all week leading up to the game and I can respect that. In Mike Smith's post-game presser, he said the Seahawks are an excellent team and boy is he right.

My heart is heavy today but even more, my heart is soaring with the knowledge of what is to come.
Watch the whiners crap the bed against Atlanta in a few days, you'll feel better! I'm thinking 42-13 dirty birds!

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I have to agree that I have felt the same way. Leading up to this game I was watching a lot of football, NFL network, ESPN, so I could catch as much Seahawks coverage as possible. I haven't watched anything football related since the game but Pete and Russell's pressers.

I have gotten more bummed over the last couple days of what could have been, but I am definitely looking forward to next year. A whole offseason to plan around RW, rather than just Marshawn + whoever and a read option. Confidence and playoff experience for our players and our coach(es).

It's going to be very interesting to see what happens with our OC and DC's possibly on their ways out.

HawkWow

Reaction score
kidhawk":2woqr3y5 said:
I doubt my emotions will change too much before Sunday. The first day of football without any meaning whatsoever to me. It's going to hit like a brick

I am facing this reality as well. As much as I love this sport, I love it much less today than I did a week ago. I can barely recall a single play from the Patriot game...who did they play again?