Defense #1 Priority on Off-Season

A-Dog

Reaction score
Everybody mentions the loss of Clemons but Jason Jones was almost as big of a loss. We lost our best outside rusher and our best inside rusher. There's also a good chance they won't be a factor for us next year.

Irvin, as a rookie, was reasonably effective when Clemons and Jones were also drawing attention. With those guys out, and him having to play more snaps and a play a different position, it's probably asking too much to have him out there as the only real pass rusher.

The Seahawks need to bring in at least two good pass rushers next year, preferably via free agency, since it usually takes a year or two for d-lineman to be effective.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3d731n4d said:
A coordinator with some balls would be nice. Followed secondly by stud pass rushers that get to the QB early and often.

Our existing pass rushers will do that if we get a monster DT that eats double-teams. Pass rushers that consistently get to the QB are almost non-existent if they have an average D-line.

Twisted

Reaction score
at some point a coach has to admit he was unable to compensate for missing personnel by way of scheme and or playmaking..

----you have to make what you have work

case in point, the last plays of the game, Atl had to pass medium to long, they couldn't afford to run it up the middle or pass it short, everything HAD TO BE sideline and medium to long pass, just don't give that up and you advance...

go back and watch what happened the final 31 seconds, some of the worst play calling at crunch time I've seen in a play off game, only equaled by Atl's decision to throw a hail mary up 20 points... *bigfacepalm.gif*

Hawks need to address critical thinking so they stop playing down to their opponents level!!!

that and come back STRONGER

maximize your weaknesses and minimize your opponents strengths while exploiting their weakness and minimizing their strength, its a simple game strategy for every sport known to mankind, and also the "Art of War".. someone needs to read the book... ;)

Happypuppy

Reaction score
We need more push up the middle. Someone you have to double up on every play. I'd like to see another OL to replace Hill, he has lost a lot of speed in pass coverage.
I hold a lot of hope for Irvin. He is a big skinny body now and adding 15-20 of muscle would not hurt his speed IMO

seahawks08

Reaction score
Well I am interested to see what they do, I seriously doubt we will go for a WR on the first round, its going to be Defense for sure. I think we need to upgrade on slot receiving, one more TE to compliment Zach Miller as Anthony Mccoy does not have the speed or sure hands to catch the ball. We need to probably get a QB to groom or be in the practice squad for a backup and trade Matt Flynn if we need to free up some cap money. I think we will need a strong tall CB too, in case we lose one of the CB for injury. Jeremy Lane would probably replace Tru.

Latest posts