Key to stopping ATL offense

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
Honestly I am more worried about stopping Tony G and Jaquizz out of the backfield as a pass catcher. I know that BB and Sherman will do their thing with Julio and White. I just hope that the others can contain Tony G on 3rd down.

GoHawks

Reaction score
Harry Douglas is a slot reciever that isn't getting discussed much either

FOGHORN

Reaction score
I'm sure Browner is more worried about Julio than the fans are. As a rookie Julio had 11 reception for 127 yds against Browner in Seattle. That includes a 49 yd completion.

Largent80

Reaction score
FOGHORN":kpgbty06 said:
I'm sure Browner is more worried about Julio than the fans are. As a rookie Julio had 11 reception for 127 yds against Browner in Seattle. That includes a 49 yd completion.

Browner was a rookie too. In a much more difficult position to play than WR.

treefidy

Reaction score
Largent80":f4w265h1 said:
FOGHORN":f4w265h1 said:

White also had 80 yards on Sherman. With Julio being more established this season than last, I wonder if your safeties will be watching him more than Roddy. Roddy is a very physical receiver. I think watching him vs Sherman is going be be damn entertaining.

Julio has been sort of iffy at home this season, I'm hoping he has a great day.

However if I was a Seahawks fan I'd probably be more worried about Harry Douglas, JaQuizz Rodgers/Jason Snelling and Tony Gonzales.

This is going to be a fun game! I live in the Bay Area and was at the Niners/Seahawks game at Candlestick. That D is no joke!

ensett

Reaction score
treefidy":2tsh9lak said:
Largent80":2tsh9lak said:
FOGHORN":2tsh9lak said:

White also had 80 yards on Sherman. With Julio being more established this season than last, I wonder if your safeties will be watching him more than Roddy. Roddy is a very physical receiver. I think watching him vs Sherman is going be be damn entertaining.

Julio has been sort of iffy at home this season, I'm hoping he has a great day.

However if I was a Seahawks fan I'd probably be more worried about Harry Douglas, JaQuizz Rodgers/Jason Snelling and Tony Gonzales.

This is going to be a fun game! I live in the Bay Area and was at the Niners/Seahawks game at Candlestick. That D is no joke!

Sherman didnt start against the Falcons last year, that was before his time. Kam Chancellor also missed that game due to injury.

Last years game was early in the season and I thought Browner started the first half of last year terribly, I thought he was the worst CB in the league for a few weeks before he started to come around. I feel much better about him now, but Julio is still going to get catches.

treefidy

Reaction score
ensett":1gg1q9oh said:
Sherman didnt start against the Falcons last year, that was before his time. Kam Chancellor also missed that game due to injury.

Last years game was early in the season and I thought Browner started the first half of last year terribly, I thought he was the worst CB in the league for a few weeks before he started to come around. I feel much better about him now, but Julio is still going to get catches.

Completely forgot about that. You're right. Still think Sherman on White is going to be fun to watch.

Of course Julio will still get catches. I can't remember the last time he went without one. I'm just hoping we can keep the Seahawks rushing numbers somewhat modest.

Is it Sunday yet?! JEEZ!

OP
OP
VancitySeahawk

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
FOGHORN":9dl4j5t1 said:

Why dont you look up those stats in depth before posting them.

A lot of those catches and yards were when Trufant was defending Julio.

Bipolar

Reaction score
the problem with Atlanta is that they are loaded on elite quality recievers, probably even more so than than the Packers.

Roddy White, Julio Jones and Tony Gonzalez are literally the best at what they do. Douglas could probably be a legitimate starter on our team as well.

their running game, on the other hand, is a lot more pedestrian that people think. and the jury is still out on Matty Ice when under pressure.

Riley12

Reaction score
It's been said many times, for many different teams, but it bears repeating.
The best way to stop any high powered offense is to keep OUR offense on the field as long as possible.
That is the only "key" you need.

If Lynch, Turbin, Robinson and Russell have games that they are capable of, then we can control TOP and the outcome of the game.

Ryan and the rest of those guys can't do anything while keeping the bench warm.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I got to thinking about the Julio Jones and the Roddy White combination, and it occurred to me that we might not have as much trouble with both of them as we expect.

My reasoning? There has only been one game I see where they both broke 100 yards receiving and had a TD and only 1 game where they even both broke 100 yards receiving together (Dallas). Typically, it's one or the other. (I was a Julio Jones fantasy owner, so I had an inkling about this and looking at the stats confirmed it.)

You could then explain it as an automatic that if one's doing well, then the other is going to have a fall off (though Jones was hurt this year in a couple games.) However, if you look at the # of receptions, you'll see they're fairly similar. (Roddy White gets targeted more as a whole, as you might expect since Jones is more likely to go deep than run a slant.)

I'm guessing Carroll and Bradley are going to account for this in some way.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Ball control offense to keep our defense fresh, and keep the Falcons off the field.

Pressure up the middle. Ryan doesn't handle it well, and isn't a mobile QB. We need stunts to send Irvin up the middle, and we need some Wagner up the A gaps. This is where ATL is weak, it's where AZ beat them up, and it's where we need to hit them.

glasgow seahawks

Reaction score
Pressure is the key...I hope we dont play like we did the 2nd half v GB and stand off all vanilla and let them pick us off over the middle with ease. We must get pressure on Matt Ryan. They are going to get their catches with the talent they have....but if we can get pressure, then our corners will win their share of the battles of that I am sure.

Then when we have the ball....the read option all game baby. Keep them off balance, a heavy dose of Marshawn and Turbin with Russ thrown in for good measure. That will open up the passing lanes as they look to play run too. From what I have read so far, teams really do understimate the likes of baldwin, rice, tate becuase they aint got 1,000 yards. We all know the reasons for this, and we know they will get there's this game.

kmedic

Reaction score
Pressuring Ryan with just the front 4 will be the most important factor to stopping their offense IMO. Bradley needs to mix in some occasional blitzes as well (I like the late post-snap LB/safety blitzes better than pre-snap ones) to keep them off balance. This is a huge game for Irvin. We'll see how the rookie DE responds in probably the biggest moment of his career yet.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Bipolar":30os5y2l said:
and the jury is still out on Matty Ice when under pressure.

Agreed. It's a stupid nickname for someone that is 0-3 in the playoffs. Our rookie QB has more playoff wins than 4-year vet Matty "Ice". Maybe Falcons fans mean "Ice" as in he cools off when it matters? :D

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
5.3 yards per attempt in the playoffs won't get it done. They sure as hell aren't going to generate yards on the ground with Michael "3 yard burner" Turner.