I can already hear it now...

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
I can already hear it now...
Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:34 am
  • RG3 wasn't 100% healthy, thats why you guys beat us.

How many times do you think we'll have to hear this when the Seahawks win on Sunday?
    bigdaddydave
    NET Rookie

Re: I can already hear it now...
Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:36 am
  • Not as many times as I'll hear, "if the game was in Seattle, we would have won!"
    RiggoReincarnated
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:37 am
  • If we win, I don't give a damn what excuses they have to come up with.
    -The Glove-
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:40 am
  • I can hear us in the 2nd round of the playoffs, that's what I can hear.
    Rose City Hawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:43 am
  • The Skins will be road kill in our rear view mirror, and then they'll be forgotten.
    Mandu
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:47 am
  • after listening to niner fans all year, there's nothing the skins can say that will shock me or make me give a crap for that matter.. the better team on that day will win on that day, excuses be damned..
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:46 am
  • RiggoReincarnated wrote:Not as many times as I'll hear, "if the game was in Seattle, we would have won!"

LOL...touche'.

Except, we're gonna win. Thanks for being fun and classy Riggo.
    Jazzhawk
    * NET News Scoop *
    * NET News Scoop *

Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:50 am
  • We're completing the hat trick against the Redskins. 3 lost playoff games in a row for them, courtesy of the Seahawks.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    *NET FCC Liaison*

Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:13 am
  • I don't speak for all Redskins fans, but being a third-generation fan and family season ticket holder for 75 years, I can tell you that after 20 years of failure it feels so good to at least to get back on the right track with this team. Certainly Seattle fans can empathize.

I was hoping for 8-8 this year, some good wins, and real progress with RGIII. If you'd told me at the beginning of the season that we'd be 10-6 after beating the NFCE to death using rookies (RB, K, QB) who look like they are the long-term answers to our prayers, and in the playoffs, I would have fallen over. I will go so far as to say it looks like we could have one of the greatest who ever played at the QB position.

So good luck on Sunday. If Seattle wins, odds are it's because they played better football. You won't get any excuses from this corner.
    heatsky
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:57 am
  • heatsky wrote:I don't speak for all Redskins fans, but being a third-generation fan and family season ticket holder for 75 years, I can tell you that after 20 years of failure it feels so good to at least to get back on the right track with this team. Certainly Seattle fans can empathize.

I was hoping for 8-8 this year, some good wins, and real progress with RGIII. If you'd told me at the beginning of the season that we'd be 10-6 after beating the NFCE to death using rookies (RB, K, QB) who look like they are the long-term answers to our prayers, and in the playoffs, I would have fallen over. I will go so far as to say it looks like we could have one of the greatest who ever played at the QB position.

So good luck on Sunday. If Seattle wins, odds are it's because they played better football. You won't get any excuses from this corner.

I would never count on a RB being long term with Shanahan.
    Bitter
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:02 am
  • If we win, what I don't want to hear is how 'easy' it should be for us to move on and beat the Falcons (MINN/GB results pending obviously).

Aside from that, all I care about is getting the W. Which isn't going to be easy on the road in front of a playoff-starved fan base. We've faced (and defeated) some tough opponents this year but we haven't faced a team on a mission like the Redskins have been since their 3-6 start.

IMO it's too bad these two teams are meeting in the wildcard round. They both have a chance to advance deeper into the playoffs, it would have been nice to have this rookie v. rookie matchup after they'd both had a chance to get a post-season win.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:06 am
  • Bitter wrote:
    heatsky wrote:I don't speak for all Redskins fans, but being a third-generation fan and family season ticket holder for 75 years, I can tell you that after 20 years of failure it feels so good to at least to get back on the right track with this team. Certainly Seattle fans can empathize.

I would never count on a RB being long term with Shanahan.

I would count on having a successful running back long term though. In fact, once Morris is established, maybe he'll trade him for another great player or get some draft picks back...
    Starrman44
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:13 pm
  • I won't hear anything over my own week long screaming and celebrating!
    It was a catch.
    SeaMeat
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:15 pm
  • RiggoReincarnated wrote:Not as many times as I'll hear, "if the game was in Seattle, we would have won!"

Or "Wow.. if we had Rex Grossman and Roy Helu still, we probably win this game" :stirthepot:
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:54 pm
  • Hasselbeck wrote:
    RiggoReincarnated wrote:Not as many times as I'll hear, "if the game was in Seattle, we would have won!"

Or "Wow.. if we had Rex Grossman and Roy Helu still, we probably win this game" :stirthepot:

Uhhhh, you will NEVER hear any skins fan wanting Rex back. Just sayin.

I'll just be glad the week is over. Win or lose, both teams have had immensely successful seasons.
    Our first division win since 99. Hawks haven't won 11 games in a long time either.

I'm tired of hearing about how crappy both fan bases are. Probably will end after this game, barring any retarded fan nonsense at the game.

HTTR
    dagoonie55
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:06 pm
  • "na na na naw, hey hey hey, GOOD BYE!" Three in a row B*1ch3$! For the third playoff meeting in a row, we will kick the Skins and their arrogant fan base out of the playoffs.
    "Are we rockin' and rollin' or what?!''

-- Seattle coach Pete Carroll, celebrating with his coaches after the Seahawks pulled off a trade with the Jets, netting running back Leon Washington on Saturday, via Seahawks.com
    MLOhawks
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:25 pm
  • bigdaddydave wrote:RG3 wasn't 100% healthy, thats why you guys beat us.

How many times do you think we'll have to hear this when the Seahawks win on Sunday?

Not a problems..Our qb is to short to play in the NFL anyway.
    Bobblehead
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:30 pm
  • I'm guessing the Hawks will know all of the words to "Hail To The Redskins" by the end of the game. You see the band plays it after every Skins touchdown and you know, repetition is the key to learning something so......you get the idea.
    Fight 4 Old DC
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:45 pm
  • That stupid song is LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME
    thebanjodude
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:48 pm
  • Yeah right Fight, you'll be scoring a bunch of TD's against the NUMBER 1 SCORING DEFENSE in the NFL. Keep telling yourself that.
    60 percent of the time..........it works........every time
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:49 pm
  • thebanjodude wrote:That stupid song is LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME

Hail to the Redskins is the gold standard for fight songs!
    Fight 4 Old DC
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:50 pm
  • This will certainly be the case on the ExtremeSkins site. They don't even want to think about actual football there, but instead denigrate every other aspect of our team, city, and fanbase. When/if they lose, expect a ton of excuse making, potential officiating blame, etc. Anything but their team got outplayed by an undeniably more talented roster.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:50 pm
  • Fight 4 Old DC wrote:
    thebanjodude wrote:That stupid song is LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME

It's also very, very racist.
    Rzzzzz...
    peachesenregalia
    * NET Starfish *

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:51 pm
  • Fight 4 Old DC wrote:I'm guessing the Hawks will know all of the words to "Hail To The Redskins" by the end of the game. You see the band plays it after every Skins touchdown and you know, repetition is the key to learning something so......you get the idea.

By using the repetition theory, the Redskins have already lost ala the last two playoff meetings. 8)
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions!
    2014 Adopt-a-rookie: DE Cassius Marsh
    XxxZagnutxxX
    * NET Alumni *

Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:59 pm
  • Fight 4 Old DC wrote:I'm guessing the Hawks will know all of the words to "Hail To The Redskins" by the end of the game. You see the band plays it after every Skins touchdown and you know, repetition is the key to learning something so......you get the idea.

If repetition is the key to knowing something, then the Redskins should have exiting the playoffs at the hands of the Seahawks down pat by now.
    Bitter
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:01 pm
  • Bitter wrote:
    Fight 4 Old DC wrote:I'm guessing the Hawks will know all of the words to "Hail To The Redskins" by the end of the game. You see the band plays it after every Skins touchdown and you know, repetition is the key to learning something so......you get the idea.

If repetition is the key to knowing something, then the Redskins should have exiting the playoffs at the hands of the Seahawks down pat by now.

Boom :0190l:
    glasgow seahawks
    NET Starter

Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:07 pm
  • After the game it will be the usual "Seahawks didn't win, the Redskins lost"

"You can't expect our team to win a playoff game with a rookie even as good as RGIII is,,,oh wait......."

RGIII should be the rookie of the year even if he got beat by a rookie in the first round of the playoffs.

And so on, and so on, and so on.

:les:
    On to week two. Week one was not a fluke!
    The Radish
    * NET Radish *

Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:10 pm
  • This thread should be gold after Sunday lol.
    LuvMySkins
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:13 pm
  • Fight 4 Old DC wrote:
    thebanjodude wrote:That stupid song is LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME

Isn't that a little like saying the Zastava is the gold standard for Eastern European-made automobiles?

For those who need a little supplementary information on the subject, the Zastava is the remade Jugo, pronounced "You go" as in "you go if you push," made in the Former Jugoslavija.
    World Champion Seattle Seahawks football. It's an addiction, and there is no cure.
    Les Norton - gone but never forgotten. Rest in blue and green peace, my friend.
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:14 pm
  • You won't hear crap from me except "Grats."

Most reasonable Redskins fans didn't think this team would be a playoff contender or even a division winner this year. If they did, they probably are the same fans saying the team will go 10-6 every year. (even under Zorn) We call these people homers.....you generally call them idiots.

So tell me, what will be YOUR excuses if Seattle loses?
    SkinsFan46
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:16 pm
  • Bitter wrote:
    Fight 4 Old DC wrote:I'm guessing the Hawks will know all of the words to "Hail To The Redskins" by the end of the game. You see the band plays it after every Skins touchdown and you know, repetition is the key to learning something so......you get the idea.

Well played sir. Well played.

SkinsFan46
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:17 pm
  • SkinsFan46 wrote:You won't hear crap from me except "Grats."

Most reasonable Redskins fans didn't think this team would be a playoff contender or even a division winner this year. If they did, they probably are the same fans saying the team will go 10-6 every year. (even under Zorn) We call these people homers.....you generally call them idiots.

Global warming.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:26 pm
  • that pesky Mayan end of the world thing?
    World Champs - Sounds good don't it
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:35 pm
  • mistaowen wrote:
    SkinsFan46 wrote:You won't hear crap from me except "Grats."

Global warming.

I like it.

SkinsFan46
    NET Practice Squad

Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:47 pm
  • Hawknballs wrote:If we win, what I don't want to hear is how 'easy' it should be for us to move on and beat the Falcons (MINN/GB results pending obviously).

Aside from that, all I care about is getting the W. Which isn't going to be easy on the road in front of a playoff-starved fan base. We've faced (and defeated) some tough opponents this year but we haven't faced a team on a mission like the Redskins have been since their 3-6 start.

IMO it's too bad these two teams are meeting in the wildcard round. They both have a chance to advance deeper into the playoffs, it would have been nice to have this rookie v. rookie matchup after they'd both had a chance to get a post-season win.

I am definitely in agreement with you although the wildcard is a good round for both rookies to get their feet wet.

I see a really close game. It sounds cliche but have to win the turnover battle and keep the penalties to a minimum.
    Tattooedseahawk
    NET Rookie

Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:42 pm
  • Honestly, I believe the Seahawks will win this game. They are also my pick to go to the superbowl. I was way more excited for last weeks game than I am for this weeks game. But I'll still be there yelling just as loud as last week.

However, I find this thread VERY ironic. I just have one question for the OP. Why did the Seahawks lose to the Steelers in the super bowl??
    Bobby3Stix
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:50 pm
  • Bobby3Stix wrote:Honestly, I believe the Seahawks will win this game. They are also my pick to go to the superbowl. I was way more excited for last weeks game than I am for this weeks game. But I'll still be there yelling just as loud as last week.

However, I find this thread VERY ironic. I just have one question for the OP. Why did the Seahawks lose to the Steelers in the super bowl??

If you want to sick around, I'd suggest not picking fights in our place
    AbsolutNET
    * NET X's & O's Guru *

Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:51 pm
  • he hasnt been healthy for the last 5 games they won including Dallas. They cant talk.
    djb28
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:13 pm
  • anyone hear how RGs knee replacement went?

or did he decide to stick with the glass?

hmm, 100%? does that mean its back to the same fragile knee it was in the beginning?

me guesses RG doesn't make it to the HOF due to knee injuries and short seasons, specially if he keeps wanting to play running back against teams like the seahawks, teams that have real defenses

this should be fun, welcome to the legion of BOOM!!! ;)
    GO HAWKS!!!
    Twisted
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:30 pm
  • heatsky wrote:I don't speak for all Redskins fans, but being a third-generation fan and family season ticket holder for 75 years, I can tell you that after 20 years of failure it feels so good to at least to get back on the right track with this team. Certainly Seattle fans can empathize.

Classy post heatsky. Just a love for your team and the hope that they can do better. I think both of our fan bases can be proud of our teams this year. Better yet, there is real hope for the future. That being said, good luck next year.
    PlinytheCenter
    NET Veteran

Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:02 pm
  • bigdaddydave wrote:RG3 wasn't 100% healthy, thats why you guys beat us.

If the Seahawks win I will be the first one here to say good game and good luck in the next round. It will hurt but that's what good fans do...
    burggold75
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:12 pm
  • I will probly get tired of how Russell Wilson single handedly destroyed rg3
    Cassius Marsh is my 2014 Adopt a Pro Bowl Rookie
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:25 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information