Concerned about PC's game management in the playoffs?

hawksfanohio

Reaction score
I think Pete trusts the talent he has to lead them to victories in the playoffs. The in-game decisions will come into play more in close games. If we can get back to the "beat downs" of teams, then the only in-game decisions that will matter is if he's running up the score. During close games, I trust him to use his players to the best of his abilities. He does play conservative when playing the field position game, which could hurt the team since usually, especially in the playoffs you have to play the "play to win" mentality instead of the "play not to lose" mentality.

DericLee

Reaction score
I don't understand how we 'lost' the challenge yesterday.

The official spotted the ball wrong, they admitted that, so technically we 'won' the challenge.

Just because it's still, barely, a first down, shouldn't negate the fact that the ball was spotted wrong.

Pretty sure I have seen a game with similar circumstances(I.E. wrong spot, but still a first down), where the team didn't lose a timeout.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
olyfan63":2up05jx2 said:
leea35":2up05jx2 said:
If I remember correctly, one of those challenges he actually knew he would lose, but went for it anyway to buy some time. I cannot remember what game that was, but if I remember, it was a pretty good idea at the time.

I thought the spot challenge by Pete was brilliant because it sucked up a lot of time, disrupted Rams momentum, and gave our D a chance to rest.
It was like a 5-minute interruption. Pete challenged at the last possible moment.
:13: This.

PC isn't as stupid as we believe him to be. We couldn't get our defense off the field and it was only a matter of time before they broke our D.

hawksfanohio

Reaction score
DericLee":nke3wc27 said:
I don't understand how we 'lost' the challenge yesterday.

The official spotted the ball wrong, they admitted that, so technically we 'won' the challenge.

Just because it's still, barely, a first down, shouldn't negate the fact that the ball was spotted wrong.

Pretty sure I have seen a game with similar circumstances(I.E. wrong spot, but still a first down), where the team didn't lose a timeout.

I was saying the same thing to my brother during the game. The challenge was to challenge the spot of the ball and the ball was moved. I was just shaking my head at Triplette. He seems to be one of the refs who always mis-manages a game and gives all of these weird, off the wall explanations of things. Him and his crew seem very unorganized all the time.