Only team in the NFC that I'm concerned about.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Is the Cowboys.

And, even then - they should have destroyed NY yesterday. Giants are a paper tiger. And, I don't know WTF they had on the Vikes.

I've seen everyone else who's 'for real' in the conference get undressed in the last 4 weeks.

I HOPE that by the time we might mythically play them in the playoffs that they DO SIGN OBJ. I wanna see the fireworks.

49ers might nick us. It happens. It's family.

And the upcoming Chiefs don't count. Not NFC.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I have faith that the Cowboys will $h1t the bed when it counts.

People are overlooking the Vikes. A mid-season spanking by the Cowboys will only help them in the long run. They're battle tested in close games against solid competition. Cousins looks like a different guy this season. He's playing pissed off—with an edge.

The ball is kinda bouncing their way in most games this year. And even though the defense has been erratic at best, the pass rush tends to show up in key moments.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I have faith that the Cowboys will $h1t the bed when it counts.

People are overlooking the Vikes. A mid-season spanking by the Cowboys will only help them in the long run. They're battle tested in close games against solid competition. Cousins looks like a different guy this season. He's playing pissed off—with an edge.

The ball is kinda bouncing their way in most games this year. And even though the defense has been erratic at best, the pass rush tends to show up in key moments.
Maybe if we meet they can have Dak hold the ball for a field goal! Jesus - was that almost 20 years ago?

My pick of 'who to be scared of' - three weeks ago? Vikings. Hands down. They ARE too erratic. Speaking of the vikes - I forget which show it was on - Fox pregame or RedZone - I'm sure it was Fox pregame - NFL Air? Hilairous. "In the event of a Vikings win, a large gold chain will drop down from the overhead compartment". OMFG.

And, I'm not Entirely scared of the Cowboys. I'm scared of Quinn's defense. I was saying to my wife yesterday - I wonder how much of a 'roll' that Dak's on is lack of film for a bunch of games this season.

I miss Quinn. I missed him when he went to the Falcons, and I miss that MoFo now. Particularly with the failed 3-4 crap that we tried/trying/abandoned/abandoning. Simple and brutal please.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Cowboys as usual are frauds. Don’t fall for the hype. They lost to a bad GB team at home. Sure they beat a not ready for prime time Cousins, not impressed.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Cowboys as usual are frauds. Don’t fall for the hype. They lost to a bad GB team at home. Sure they beat a not ready for prime time Cousins, not impressed.
In the name of intellectual integrity it should be pointed out that we lost to the Falcons.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Maybe if we meet they can have Dak hold the ball for a field goal! Jesus - was that almost 20 years ago?

My pick of 'who to be scared of' - three weeks ago? Vikings. Hands down. They ARE too erratic. Speaking of the vikes - I forget which show it was on - Fox pregame or RedZone - I'm sure it was Fox pregame - NFL Air? Hilairous. "In the event of a Vikings win, a large gold chain will drop down from the overhead compartment". OMFG.

And, I'm not Entirely scared of the Cowboys. I'm scared of Quinn's defense. I was saying to my wife yesterday - I wonder how much of a 'roll' that Dak's on is lack of film for a bunch of games this season.

I miss Quinn. I missed him when he went to the Falcons, and I miss that MoFo now. Particularly with the failed 3-4 crap that we tried/trying/abandoned/abandoning. Simple and brutal please.
Was that the same play that Big-play Babs stopped Romo just short of the goal line? Was it even Romo? I know it was Babs.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
In the name of intellectual integrity it should be pointed out that we lost to the Falcons.
Don’t see anyone calling the Hawks a super bowl contender.
Cowboys are called that every year, and haven’t been to a NFCCG since 1996.

Michael “crackhead” Irvin picks them to dominate every year.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score
Don’t see anyone calling the Hawks a super bowl contender.
Cowboys are called that every year, and haven’t been to a NFCCG since 1996.

Michael “crackhead” Irvin picks them to dominate every year.

Kinda telling when the Cowboys haven't been perennial contenders since the start of the salary cap era. Which was started in 1994... To not even reach the conference championship game in nearly 30 years its actually kinda crazy for such a beloved/hated team with huge aspirations every season.

getnasty

Reaction score
I think Dallas, Philly and SF are all failrly good teams with unproven quarterbacks.

W

Welshers

SF is by far the most worrying team which sucks because they are in poor our division

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
49ers and Cowboys are very similar although Dallas throws a little more than SF. I’m more concerned with the Washington Commanders tbh

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
The other game we got jobbed on this year.

IMHO we 'should' be 8-2 this year so far.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Was that the same play that Big-play Babs stopped Romo just short of the goal line? Was it even Romo? I know it was Babs.
Nope it was the botched field goal hold that won us the playoff game in 2006

chrispy

Reaction score
Playing in Dec is different. It's new to many Seahawk stars because they're new. Playoffs is different too. I still look at '22 as prep for '23. I hope they play hard and aren't distracted in multiple close, difficult games. Further, I hope the opposition is consistently prepared and plays hard too. SF, Dallas, Philly or MN all have the ability to beat this team. Heck, an average Bucs beat them. W or L, playing tough, late-season, smash mouth games will pay dividends for several upcoming seasons.

I just don't know if they can run the gauntlet this year...maybe...hopefully... but the lessons learned this season could/should prepare each individual, and the team collectively, for multiple years of playoff wins and SB appearances.

In 2020, the Eagles won 4 games. Last year they won 9 and lost in the wildcard round. They're 9-1 so far in 22 and a playoff shoe-in. I see the same growth in this team but with more, higher draft picks. The sky's the limit, but sometimes it doesn't happen overnight. ...and sometimes you catch lightning in a bottle so 22 could be magic. But 23 definitely will be.

Scout

Reaction score
I feel the NFC is wide open and there will be a team that seems outside of the playoff picture coming into the fold. The Commanders are also a team that is slowly creeping up as they are starting to play up to their potential after a bad start.

The Falcons are hanging around though and they might sneak in. The Falcons are held back by the fact that Mariota looks super ordinary.

If the Falcons had a QB a notch better than Mariota they would be leading their division right now over the Bucs. And the Bucs are hard to read because they are playing well below their potential.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
My wife is an eagles fan and I've seen quite a few of their games. They are a legit team.
They are good but let’s not get ahead of ourselves. They beat the Colts by a point, barely beat the Lions and got their fudge packed by the commanders. If you look to Websters for a definition of a team that has a good record but isn’t a world beater, a picture of Jalen Hurts and the Eags would pop up on screen

BASF

Reaction score
They are good but let’s not get ahead of ourselves. They beat the Colts by a point, barely beat the Lions and got their fudge packed by the commanders. If you look to Websters for a definition of a team that has a good record but isn’t a world beater, a picture of Jalen Hurts and the Eags would pop up on screen
Pretty sure that picture belongs to the 2020 Steelers especially after giving up 48 points to a Baker Mayfield led team in the playoffs. They will probably own that picture for a long time.