How did Sweezy play against Ari?

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I really don't pay much attention to the Oline or individual players (unless they mess up), typical fan I guess. Anyone have comments on Sweezy?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Sweezy looked real good, but AZ was mailing it in by then.

gabel

Reaction score
Re-watched the whole game last night. Sweezy played unreal, I thought he was the best O lineman out there. He played in the first half before things got ugly as well as most of the second half. On one play he drove Dockett back 3 yards. I was also impressed with his foot speed.

He plays like a son of a B.. out there but he's our son of a B.. . He really started pissing the Arizona player off near the end of the 3rd quarter and he just keep hammering them right to the whistle.

He's a starter next year - book it.

Reaction score
gabel":13w7pg9n said:
On one play he drove Doucet back 3 yards.
I'm pretty sure you meant DOCKETT and not Doucet who is one of the AZ WR's.....you had me confused for a minute there :)

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":2wqeosyn said:
gabel":2wqeosyn said:
I'm pretty sure you meant DOCKETT and not Doucet who is one of the AZ WR's.....you had me confused for a minute there :)
Yeah I was wondering the same thing. Moving Doucet back 3 yards is nothing for a linemen.

smashmouth59

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":1t8p4w6g said:
gabel":1t8p4w6g said:

Yeah, if his pushing Doucet back impresses, you may want to further evaluate the Sweazmeister.

sam1313

Reaction score
Anyone else like to see him starting at Right Tackle? Sure seems like he has the athleticism to handle it well....

mikeak

Reaction score
smashmouth59":dvo21jdt said:
Chrome_Seahawk":dvo21jdt said:
gabel":dvo21jdt said:

Yeah, if his pushing Doucet back impresses, you may want to further evaluate the Sweazmeister.

Don't be a douche to the guy :)

jlwaters1

Reaction score
sam1313":3vpo95bm said:
Anyone else like to see him starting at Right Tackle? Sure seems like he has the athleticism to handle it well....

That's my hope. I think Carp is a lock at LG, and I think you've got Moffitt/Rishaw for RG and breno and Sweezy battling it out for the right side spots. I think that would be a pretty awesome situation.

sutz

Reaction score
sam1313":111m6yya said:
Didn't Kearly say that in one of his write ups? I think he did.

It looks like Sweaze has the chops, he just wasn't quite ready for the NFL when he was drafted. Not surprising, since he played D-line in college IIRC. It sure would be nice to see a young late round pick make an impact for our O-line. It has been a problem for so long, it's hard to believe that P&J may have turned it around, and so fast.

Hawks46

Reaction score
If a good interior OL drops to us this draft, I think we take him.

Carpenter isn't very durable, and Moffit really hasn't impressed me. I thought he would be a lot more physical, coming from that Wisconsin OL.

Sweezy would be intriguing at RT, but it would probably be a project. I can't see it by next year.

The only locks I see on this OL is Unger and Okung.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Hawks46":1retnm5q said:
If a good interior OL drops to us this draft, I think we take him.

Carpenter isn't very durable, and Moffit really hasn't impressed me. I thought he would be a lot more physical, coming from that Wisconsin OL.

Sweezy would be intriguing at RT, but it would probably be a project. I can't see it by next year.

The only locks I see on this OL is Unger and Okung.
:13: I love the Hell out of Moffit, but he seems to get beat by interior linemen more times then I like.

the ditch

Reaction score
I actually didn't think he played that well. He also had some horrible play at the start of the season which lead to him not taking any snaps from the St. Louis game (he took 4 snaps only that game) till the Arizona game where he played 38/70 snaps.

To be honest outside of Unger and Okung our offensive line play has not been very good at all. I hope they draft another offensive lineman, we really need to upgrade it's too bad Carpenter can't stay healthy, not that he's playing well either. The combination of Wilson's mobility, Lynch's ability to get yards after contact, and some good offensive play calling has really helped us overcome and make it seem like they aren't as bad as they are.

sam1313

Reaction score
the ditch":uqufkf6n said:
I actually didn't think he played that well. He also had some horrible play at the start of the season which lead to him not taking any snaps from the St. Louis game (he took 4 snaps only that game) till the Arizona game where he played 38/70 snaps.

To be honest outside of Unger and Okung our offensive line play has not been very good at all. I hope they draft another offensive lineman, we really need to upgrade it's too bad Carpenter can't stay healthy, not that he's playing well either. The combination of Wilson's mobility, Lynch's ability to get yards after contact, and some good offensive play calling has really helped us overcome and make it seem like they aren't as bad as they are.

I totally agree with this statement.

Latest posts