Seahawks.NET Q&A with Q13 Fox Sports Director Aaron Levine

The Essential Online Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. RATING: PG-13
  • The Seahawks.NET Q&A with Q13 Fox Sports Director Aaron Levine
    As the Q13 FOX (Seattle) Sports Director, Aaron Levine anchors the nightly sportscasts and hosts Q It Up Sports, Seahawks Saturday Night and Seahawks Gameday pre and postgame shows. He's one of the premier journalists & Seahawks experts and he's graciously allowed us to do a .NET Q&A over the bye week.
    Here's more about Aaron: http://q13fox.com/bio/aaron-levine/#ixzz2CPfBWS2u

So what Seahawks questions do you have 12th man? Wondering about the health of KJ Wright and James Carpenter? Want to know what the plan may be for the Dolphins? Would you like to know why Stanford (Aaron's alma mater) has recently provided excellent Seahawk players including Richard Sherman and Doug Baldwin? Reply back to this topic with your question before Tuesday the 20th and he'll answer a few of them later next week.

And be sure to watch Q13 fox every Saturday night for Seahawks Saturday Night, where Aaron features interviews with Coach Carroll, mic'ed up players (this week is Red Bryant), and Michael Robinson's "Real Rob Report". And don't miss Aaron and his team of NFL experts breaking down the Seahawks games before and after every game on Q13, the official home and broadcaster of the Seattle Seahawks.

You can follow Aaron on twitter at @AaronQ13fox
    Les - "Mark, you're my favorite player"
    Mark - "Mine too!"
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

• I'm worried about the run defense. After re-watching the Jets game, I saw Mebane get pushed back on a double team, Branch getting spun around so that his back was to the O-Line multiple times and then different players, Branch and Wagner, getting caught around the waist and spun to the ground.

Is this a weakness that the Jets recognized and worked on, and is grabbing a defensive player around the mid-section and pulling them around a regular offensive tactic?

When those plays I mentioned happened, the Jets got good yards on the ground. I'm going to watch 2 other games to see if this was happening before but would like your take on this and the run defense.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• Russell Wilson... what is his ceiling as a player?
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• Are our WR concerns still big enough for a first round draft pick?
    "I'm not the type to let a sleeping giant lie. I wake up the giant, slap him around, make him mad and beat him to the ground. I talk a big game because I carry a big stick." --- All-Pro Stanford Graduate
    Hawken-Dazs
    NET Veteran

• Based on what we've seen this season do we need an upgrade/more depth at interior pass rush positions (a la Jason Jones / 3 Tech) or is another offensive playmaker a bigger priority?
    Founding Father of the Bevell-Be-Gone Movement

Currently riding SHOTGUN on the Russell Wilson bandwagon.

Renton Chapter Seahawkers Booster Club
    Section 316 @ CenturyLink Field

Kuendelea Mwewe - Go Hawks
    SilkMonkey
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*
    *BRONZE SUPPORTER*

• Based on the success to date and emergence of Russell Wilson do we start looking at locking up Pete and John for a longer deal to finish the job before their contracts are up?

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• How has your perception of Pete Carroll and John Schneider changed since their hire? Or has it?

Commentary: Your old Q13 crew of Millen and Ferness weren't real receptive out the chute which poisoned your 2010/2011 post games. That and the thorn in their side, Tarvaris Jackson.
    Leon Washington 2010-2012 Red Bryant 2008-2013 Chris Clemons 2010-2013 Golden Tate 2010-2013
    Brandon Browner 2011-2013 Breno Giacomini 2011-2013 - Gone but not forgotten.
    R.I.P Les "PithyRadish" Norton 9/13/2014
    drdiags
    * The Doc *
    * The Doc *

• Thanks RockHawk and Aaron Levin/Q13 for the opportunity...

I have not so much a question than a statement. That is, a feeling of knowing, confidense if you will, that this team and the quality of core players the organization has assembled in such a short time is destined for great things. Reminds me of the 78' 79' 80' Sonics.
    400WattHPSHawk
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*
    *SILVER SUPPORTER*

• What are the challenges of miking up players or coaches? I know the whole process is a lot of work for a few seconds of audio and video, so maybe you have some anecdotes about the process.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Would you trade Russell Wilson for any other quarterback in the league if the deal was to be made, say, at the end of this season. I would probably say Luck, RG III and maybe Rogers. I would say no to Brady and P. Manning based on their advanced years.

Question 2- I'm in favor of splitting carries evenly between Lynch and Turbin for the balance of the regular season to preserve Marshawn's health for the post season. I would then lean on him as heavily as wanted for those games. Do you like this idea?

Question 3- How do you like our chances for the postseason? Who do you think we would face in a wildcard game?

Thanks
    capncrunch
    NET Rookie

• Is the front office worried about potentially losing key players because they've outplayed their contracts? Something along those lines.
    hedgehawk
    NET Veteran

• JSeahawks wrote:Russell Wilson... what is his ceiling as a player?

About 5'11".
    49ers webzone: Win or lose, i hope you injure Sherman. Like a serious career ending injury. I don't want him to get paid.
    49ers webzone: noise should not be the overwhelming reason a team is favored. they need to spray noise-damping foam onto the ceiling of that place.
    BlueTalon
    * NET Curmudgeon *
    * NET Curmudgeon *

• Of all the Seahawks blog/message board owners, is it true Mark's the best endowed? And, of all those men, whom would win in a fight?

Rock's to humble to state it, but he played college ball AND coached the Rams and is current DC for New Orleans. So, I'd say him, but I'm a loyal creep (or stalker...tomato n tomatoh). So, I think the answers yes to both, but only you can confirm it.
    @ryanadamdavis
    pehawk
    * Report Button *

• The only reason I clicked on this was because the last post was by pervhawk, then I see it's not. What a lame disappointment! Hey wait a sec. Does that mean "pervhawk" is available...?
    DOES THE NATIONAL MEDIA WANT THE SEAHAWKS TO IMPLODE?
    http://cover32.com/seahawks/2014/10/29/ ... o-implode/
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

• What backup player has the best chance to become an impact player once he gets the opportunity?
    Mark - "Mine too!"
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

• Will PC pull the starters (RW, Lynch, et al) if we get into a blowout game?
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78

• Thanks everyone, check back in a short while for his answers!
    Mark - "Mine too!"
    RockHawk
    * NET Landlord *

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:29 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information