Does Aaron Rodgers have a serious attitude problem ?

chris98251

Reaction score
Rodgers comes off as a Petulant child, all smiley stuff when things are going well takes the credit and accolades, but pouty and wanting to blame everyone else when it's not.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
He is far from the Best QB in the league. He is an arrogant SOB, and is exactly like chris98251 describes. His numbers aren't great this year and it could be argued earlier this year that his receivers are still better than Seattle's. However, right now that isn't the case, but the best qb should be able to get his receivers the ball anytime he wants, he can't do that without Jordy Nelson.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Diezel Dawg":2yvoiwh4 said:
He is far from the Best QB in the league. He is an arrogant SOB, and is exactly like chris98251 describes. His numbers aren't great this year and it could be argued earlier this year that his receivers are still better than Seattle's. However, right now that isn't the case, but the best qb should be able to get his receivers the ball anytime he wants, he can't do that without Jordy Nelson.
He has some droptastic turds on that team.

His not great numbers are very similar to Russell's career best. Which says something. I have watched all but a couple of his games, and he has only had a couple bad games all year.

IMO, Rodgers is the best QB in the league, and it isn't even that close. 29 tds and 6 ints in a bad year? Yes please. I don't like his kind of priggish personality, but he is still the best QB in the game. IMO. Which is worth squat.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
b8rtm8nn":1ebdf8wx said:
Spin Doctor":1ebdf8wx said:
I think the biggest problem with the Packers is the playcalling. I do not think McCarthy is a great playcaller, Packer fans have aired their grievences about him for years. Whenever McCarthy gets a lead he always pulls back. The playcalling becomes very predictable, and conservative. He plays the "not to lose game' rather than the play to win game. I think a good example of this is the NFC championship game against the Greenbay Packers. They had many opportunities to seal the victory, but McCarthy let the Seahawks hang around because he took the foot off of the pedal.

The Packers remind me of the 2007 Seahawks, they have a finesse team that lives, and dies by their Quarterback.

Disagree with this, although currently the Seahawks also live and die by their QB. No Russell, no playoffs.
I disagree with this. Until this year the Seahawks were a complete team. They had a punishing running game, and a historically dominate defense. Wilson and the offense could have an off game and the Seahawks could still pull out a win. While he was an important piece to the Seahawks, we were not nearly as dependant on Wilson as the Packers are on Rodgers.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Maulbert":2jffoywr said:
Rodgers and Brady have always struck me as petulant in defeat. But that doesn't mean Aaron Rodgers isn't the best QB in football. He might have the strongest arm in the game, and he's always been more mobile than Manning, Brady, or Brees. I'll also add that he's never had a great defense in Green Bay, and didn't really have a running game until Lacy was drafted.

Erin Rodgers might have the strongest arm in the game? I think his arm is overrated, he needs a forward push to launch it compared to Cam and Colin Sackorpick

Scottemojo

Reaction score
dopeboy206":1f3o46gj said:
Maulbert":1f3o46gj said:
Rodgers and Brady have always struck me as petulant in defeat. But that doesn't mean Aaron Rodgers isn't the best QB in football. He might have the strongest arm in the game, and he's always been more mobile than Manning, Brady, or Brees. I'll also add that he's never had a great defense in Green Bay, and didn't really have a running game until Lacy was drafted.

Erin Rodgers might have the strongest arm in the game? I think his arm is overrated, he needs a forward push to launch it compared to Cam and Colin Sackorpick
Having a weaker arm than those two is no ding, check out how long the gamewinner vs Detroit was. He has plenty of arm.

kearly

Reaction score
Scottemojo":26dhr36k said:
Diezel Dawg":26dhr36k said:

His not great numbers are very similar to Russell's career best. Which says something. I have watched all but a couple of his games, and he has only had a couple bad games all year.

IMO, Rodgers is the best QB in the league, and it isn't even that close. 29 tds and 6 ints in a bad year? Yes please. I don't like his kind of priggish personality, but he is still the best QB in the game. IMO. Which is worth squat.

Agreed on all points, but it should be pointed out that Rodgers YPA is horrific this year. He (and even some of the his WRs) miss Jordy more than Wilson could miss any Seahawk.

But this year aside, Rodgers is the best in the game no doubt.

As far as Arm Strength, I think it's easily top 10, and it's pretty monstrous considering that Rodgers is a skinny QB.

chris98251

Reaction score
kearly":2bmce19b said:
Scottemojo":2bmce19b said:
Diezel Dawg":2bmce19b said:

Agreed on all points, but it should be pointed out that Rodgers YPA is horrific this year. He (and even some of the his WRs) miss Jordy more than Wilson could miss any Seahawk.

But this year aside, Rodgers is the best in the game no doubt.

As far as Arm Strength, I think it's easily top 10, and it's pretty monstrous considering that Rodgers is a skinny QB.

Well Randy Johnson was a Skinny Pitcher yet he could throw a baseball harder then just about anyone, arm strength isn't just about muscle.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Scottemojo":3jtto9gh said:
dopeboy206":3jtto9gh said:
Maulbert":3jtto9gh said:

Having a weaker arm than those two is no ding, check out how long the gamewinner vs Detroit was. He has plenty of arm.
The game against Detroit he need to run a few steps forward to get a push in his throw.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
dopeboy206":vn0ebvz2 said:
Scottemojo":vn0ebvz2 said:
dopeboy206":vn0ebvz2 said:
Maulbert":vn0ebvz2 said:

The game against Detroit he need to run a few steps forward to get a push in his throw.
70 plus yards is 70 plus yards. You would be hard pressed to find very many good athletes who can throw a ball 74 yards. With any number of steps.
What is important is that Rodgers can deliver a dime 40 or 50 yards from the line of scrimmage with accuracy. And he can.

AVL

Reaction score
Imagine if he had been a niner, and thank god that didn't happen.

chris98251

Reaction score
That throw was at least 70 yds in distance with a arc that would have hit the screen in Dallas, so another 50 to 60 yds up as well, not a flat normally arced throw for a deep ball. Really an amazing throw to be honest, more like a Punt that our Punter Kicks when he puts his full leg into it.

rideaducati

Reaction score
AVL":2kai33wq said:

Six different offensive coordinators in six years would have destroyed him too.

kearly

Reaction score
chris98251":2qlblnyh said:
Well Randy Johnson was a Skinny Pitcher yet he could throw a baseball harder then just about anyone, arm strength isn't just about muscle.

True but Johnson is 9 inches taller than Rodgers and could crank up ridiculous leverage with his left arm. In the NFL you see very few thin framed QBs with plus arms, and Rodgers is a thin framed (and slightly short) QB with an elite arm.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Arm strength is overrated. Rodgers has enough arm strength to make NFL plays. Joe Montana isn't known for his arm strength but still won 4 SBs, 3 SB MVPs, made 8 pro bowls, and was NFL MVP twice. He's in the argument of being the greatest QB of all time. Jamarcus Russell had a strong arm, he didn't make it in the NFL. Tyrelle Pryor can throw the ball a long ways, he's currently a wide receiver not a QB. Having arm strength means jack squat if one can't utilize that arm strength in productive ways on a football field.

chris98251

Reaction score
kearly":3lhl66z9 said:
chris98251":3lhl66z9 said:

True but Johnson is 9 inches taller than Rodgers and could crank up ridiculous leverage with his left arm. In the NFL you see very few thin framed QBs with plus arms, and Rodgers is a thin framed (and slightly short) QB with an elite arm.

Matt Ryan is another slender QB that gets a good amount of depth on the ball, Motion and my belief is tendon tautness provides acceleration in your motion to give you that extra power when throwing. Where I agree with Johnson having a long stride and hip flex as well as his length to generate velocity was key, he had something extra as well.

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1ani6857 said:
b8rtm8nn":1ani6857 said:
Spin Doctor":1ani6857 said:
I think the biggest problem with the Packers is the playcalling. I do not think McCarthy is a great playcaller, Packer fans have aired their grievences about him for years. Whenever McCarthy gets a lead he always pulls back. The playcalling becomes very predictable, and conservative. He plays the "not to lose game' rather than the play to win game. I think a good example of this is the NFC championship game against the Greenbay Packers. They had many opportunities to seal the victory, but McCarthy let the Seahawks hang around because he took the foot off of the pedal.

The Packers remind me of the 2007 Seahawks, they have a finesse team that lives, and dies by their Quarterback.

Agree with this, although currently the Seahawks also live and die by their QB. No Russell, no playoffs.
I disagree with this. Until this year the Seahawks were a complete team. They had a punishing running game, and a historically dominate defense. Wilson and the offense could have an off game and the Seahawks could still pull out a win. While he was an important piece to the Seahawks, we were not nearly as dependant on Wilson as the Packers are on Rodgers.

Hence 'currently'...

SeaToTheHawks

Reaction score
rideaducati":2pnwbs7j said:
AVL":2pnwbs7j said:

Six different offensive coordinators in six years would have destroyed him too.

With Rodgers there there wouldn't have been 6 different OCs.