Why wouldn't you go to the SB?

hooked82

Reaction score
My in-laws are planning on paying for the airline ticket and I'm just trying to see if the ticket prices go down, so yes, if I got a free one I would BE THERE!

washmont

Reaction score
I would go if I got the ticket. I would use miles for the airfare

Agcat

Reaction score
If it was in the western half of the US I would have made a serious attempt to attend. Airfare/hotel to NY/NJ is a deal breaker for us.

Riley12

Reaction score
I will preface my comments with a "To each his/her own"

HOWEVER - I completely agree with the OP and then some. It is my plan, until the day I die, to attend every Seahawks Super Bowl appearance. I was born before they came into the league and they have taken such a piece of me that I can only describe my fandom as a religious fervor.
I mask it quite well in my day-to-day life, like a Mormon who wears their Temple ready garments under their clothes, but my devotion is
always bubbling under the surface.

I'm at a point in my life, fortunately, that even a trip to NJ isn't a back breaker. But even if the day comes where it is a choice between food and
shelter or seeing a Seahawks Super Bowl live and in person, I will fast and live in my car. Food and a roof only nourish and protect my body,
the Seahawks nourish, for lack of a better word or concept, my soul.

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
I actually have no desire to see the game live. I think it will be better on TV. Of course if the game were at the CLINK, I wouold want to go. That would be pretty awesome to be part of the 12th man, helping to win a SB.

main

Reaction score
I'm a season ticket holder.. and I would go (if I won that lotto). Unfortunately, an hour after the NFC championship game, I got a email saying that I did not get chosen. Oh well, maybe next time.

GO HAWKS!

JonRud

Reaction score
A bit off topic but I just spoke to a rep at Prime Sports tickets and he told me it's competely lopsided they are selling TONS more tickets to Seahawks fans than Broncos fans.

drcool

Reaction score
I am still holding out hope I win tickets, airfare, and hotel from Richard Sherman's site.

If someone gave me a ticket today I am sure I would probably find a way to make it work to be there. I have some friends in the area that would let me crash at their place and airfare isn't ridiculous coming from Florida. But honestly, I think I would enjoy all the stuff surrounding the game more than attending the actual game. For pure viewing pleasure I would probably have a much more enjoyable time sitting at home watching it on the TV eating a huge plate of chicken wings and celebrating with my wife and 2 year old than in a non-descript stadium. If the game was at Century Link with 68,000 screaming 12s that is a totally different story. But I would really love to be in NY for all the stuff leading up to the game and celebrating with all the 12s after the game.

jman316

Reaction score
I bought airfare to NY the Saturday before the FIRST New Orleans game for $320/round trip.

My friend (who lives in NY) found a hotel room in Times Square for less than $100/night (2 queen beds).

When I was picked in the lottery, there was no question if I was going or not. Although, I had totally made peace with the possibility of not winning and would have been happy watching from home. Thankfully I didn't have to pay an obscene amount for a ticket (like $800 isn't already a ridiculous amount!) and I have an awesome and understanding wife who will hold down the fort while I'm gone, plus I had time that I could take off from work.

As my brother-in-law said, the stars have aligned, and all together, I'm getting my SBXLVIII trip done for under $2k.

Getting to witness our Hawks win their first championship... priceless!!

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
If someone gave me a free game ticket you wouldn't be able to keep me away. Use miles for the plane ticket and you could realistically do the trip with only one night in a hotel, to keep costs under control.

Hell, if we won, I might not even need a hotel! Would just party all night until it was time to go back to the airport.....

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
$ this time, and we bought a 60" Vizeo and are having a big party instead. A few of us will be booking rooms and flights way ahead of time for the Superbowl next year. Sucks to miss the Superbowl, but if you don't have the $, not much you can do.

That being said, if I won a ticket? I'd make it happen, somehow, some way.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, I would be going except for problems with childcare. If I had gotten drawn in the lottery, I probably would have forced the issue, but the combination of no ticket and no childcare was just a bridge too far.

If a ticket fell out of the sky now, I'd be hard pressed, the new television is being delivered this afternoon and I've got 10+ people coming to watch the game...

Boiler

Reaction score
I now have a refundable hotel room at a cheap hotel near the Newark airport, and a frequent flyer ticket reserved from Denver to Newark on Sunday morning (only one seat left on the plane, so at the very leat, I took away an opportunity to get to the game from a Donkey fan). I also found a babysitter for Sunday, which could have kept me away because my wife for some ridiculous reason scheduled an interview for Sunday evening. Since the rest of the trip would essentially be free, I can afford $1200+ for a single ticket to the game, but the one thing keeping me away at this point is not having anyone to go to the game with. I'm not sure I'll have a better time going to the Super Bowl by myself than watching the game here with the Rocky Mountain Seahawkers. If anyone else is still on the fence and is willing to make an adventure out of gameday, let me know.

Boiler

Reaction score
main":2exwrr88 said:
I'm a season ticket holder.. and I would go (if I won that lotto). Unfortunately, an hour after the NFC championship game, I got a email saying that I did not get chosen. Oh well, maybe next time.

GO HAWKS!

I'm a season ticket holder, but I didn't get an email saying whether I'd been chosen or not. Maybe I was chosen!? The problem is, even if I had been chosen, it sounds like I would have had to fly back to Seattle to pick up the tickets, which sort of eliminates any savings over just buying a ticket from a broker. Really, this is just an effort to bump the thread.

kmeleon

Reaction score
Boiler,

I'm in the mix for a ticket, I'm local only 1.5 hrs away but have friends who all bought their tickets together so if I get a ticket I'm riding with them. It certainly opens up the chances of getting a ticket when you have two people but I'm really dependent on the prices nose diving. I don't mind spending $1200 but I want good seats for that price, and I'll probably get them for that price Sunday morning if I hold out.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
My partner from work has been there since last Friday. He is freaking about how many 12s have shown up in the last few days.

He is saying that the numbers are massively growing and that it looks like the opposite of XL when he went to Detroit. Man I hope he is right.

I wish I could be part of that!

Shaz

Reaction score
I have major anxiety and PTSD, I can't deal with that many people around me

I'd rather watch it at home or at a bar with people I know and are comfortable with

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
Because (and I hate to say it), sometimes the best seat in the house is in front of that boob tube. I went to season games and the championship so I'm good.

Free ticket though? I'd go.
I had close to a free flight and stay too.