If Harbaugh Leaves SF, Will You Be Disappointed?

gtcotcakya

Reaction score
With all the news about Harbaugh being sought by the 'Fins and Browns, combined with rumors of an increasingly dysfunctional relationship between the SF front office and Harbaugh, I got to wondering how I'd feel if he leaves. Frankly, I decided I'd be a little disappointed, primarily because he makes it SO easy to hate on the 49ers (not that it would be difficult if he leaves). Also, there's just so much backstory between Pete and The Douchebag that makes our divisional rivalry even more interesting.

His leaving though would probably be in the Seahawk's best interests since it would likely leave the SF organization in some amount of chaos.

Nevertheless, I think there will be a little part of me that's disppointed if he goes.

How would you feel?

sutz

Reaction score
Homerism aside, they're a talented team, and changing head coaches can be dicey when trying to predict future effects. In the end, I don't really care. If we can hang on to Pete and John, we'll be a dynasty no matter what SF does.

I've never really joined in the juvenile Harbaugh-bashing around here, though much of it has been amusing. We'll lost that, I suppose, though I suspect we'll just transfer it to whatever new guy goes there, if it happens.

Brahn

Reaction score
The rivalry would take a serious hit. Now imagine if Holmgren became the new coach of the Niners.

rigelian

Reaction score
sutz":34pdkjd5 said:
I've never really joined in the juvenile Harbaugh-bashing around here, though much of it has been amusing. We'll lost that, I suppose, though I suspect we'll just transfer it to whatever new guy goes there, if it happens.

I don't think that anyone could replace Harbaugh as a preferred target for ridicule. The guy is unique in having this talent. Seriously, I would have to go back to Woody Hayes to find some one that could even compete.

Beyond that, he is an excellent coach. He would be a big loss to the 49ers if they lost him. He just may be too abrasive to last for the long run. Maybe like an NFL version of Billy Martin.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
sutz":14pdf40l said:

I think it entirely depends on if the team under that new guy poses a threat to the Hawks or not.

If he does Hawks fans will hate him, and if not they'll just make fun of him.

This is based on a contingent of 9ers fans hating Russell Wilson "because" he's a no-personality robot (the correct response to which is "lol whatever.")

It's based on one of the top threads in this forum right now being about how Colin "Capernick" is too stupid to be an NFL quarterback "because" he committed a malapropism in an off-season interview (the correct response to which is "lol whatever.")

drdiags

Reaction score
Would just be disappointed that once again human nature/ego got in the way of the bigger good. Sort of like the stories of young music groups that hit the high but can never sustain because the various band member's personal flaws destroyed the good thing they had.

As far as the NFC West, it would be a big loss of star-power among the head coaches. As far as competition up and down the division, 9ers aren't the only impediment for the Seahawks, so it isn't going to make things easier.

I remember the powder puffs the NFC West were and I think it makes the teams in it harder to have a worthy opponent. Selfishly, anything that makes it easier for the Seahawks will have me wanting to take the easier path. But with a bigger picture view, beating the best makes it that much more sweeter. No one can say the Seahawks had an easy path toward winning their first SB. I like that (though I am sure a few haters will try to pooh pooh the accomplishment.)

Popeyejones

Reaction score
drdiags":pq6wbkcx said:
I like that (though I am sure a few haters will try to pooh pooh the accomplishment.)

If those people are ever 9ers fans, take it from a 9ers fan: those people are idiots. :)

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Honestly I would rather beat the Niners in a fair fight like 2013 rather than under the cloud of a coaching controversy. So yeah it would be a little disappointing.

MagHawk

Reaction score
I like him being there, great entertainment!

Besides, with him, the Niners are a better team - and I think that makes the 'Hawks a better team.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
We will lose our entertaining tantrums. Maybe they will find someone similar.

chris98251

Reaction score
It's love hate, I love hateing him, but he elevates our play, he is a legitimate threat every game because of what he brings to the 49ers, keeps us honest and it's great entertainment also. Thats not saying the Rams and Cards can't raise themselves to that same level. But they don't have a legacy they throw in your face that makes beating them all that much sweeter.

Rams got the win with Kurt not to take away anything, and Cards got there with Kurt.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":1ur6z1cv said:
Honestly I would rather beat the Niners in a fair fight like 2013 rather than under the cloud of a coaching controversy. So yeah it would be a little disappointing.

The Hawks have already done that.

Dude won't be around forever, but I will miss the meltdowns.

randomation

Reaction score
As far as the hawks getting made better I really don't think that will be an issue both the Cards and the Rams are on the upswing wouldn't be surprised, I doubt Harbaugh lasts that much longer in SF he is an extremely abrasive person.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Yep, I will be disappointed. It sucks to see the Seahawks lose to that jerk and his team full of douches, but on the flip side, watching the Hawks beat them is so, so sweet.

Also, he needs to stay to lose two more NFCCGs to our team (one at home, just to mix it up a bit) and cement this rivalry. Then he can leave for Miami or Cleveland or Alabama or Texas or wherever.

dbmack

Reaction score
I hated the 49ers before he got there and I will continue to hate them if/when he leaves. I don't care who their coach is.

OrFan

Reaction score
I'm sure the 49ers will hire someone equally as embarrassing for them, and entertaining for us, if he does leave. Look who this clown replaced, Singlebraincell.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Not having to see/hear about that blowhard/crybaby twice a year would be great.