Michael Sam-Mizzou DE (First openly gay NFL prospect)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
He put up decent numbers last season but what does his future look like? From the draft (will he drop as a result), to the NFL? What NFL team would be the best fit for an openly gay player?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hopefully someday in the near future this won't be a issue. The only thing that should matter is this kid's football ability, end of story. I wish him luck.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
About the only tough part I'd see for any team signing him is the unfortunate unwarranted scrutiny a team would face if he's cut or something and the speculation starts about why. On the flip side if he won a starting job the media will ask if it was handed to him because the team either has an agenda or feels forced too.

feel for the kid if it hurts his chances. The worst part are the comments his dad made basically condemning him. Hard to believe that kind of ignorance is still part of our world.

overall though I think that generation is dying out and this will finally be a non issue.

first it was women, then blacks, now gays. You'd think after having to act right a couple times you'd get the hint.

Status
Not open for further replies.