Joe Buck on Funny or Die

sutz

Reaction score
"Whadyawant me to say? You got pizza all over your jacket."

:laugh:

kearly

Reaction score
I don't have very strong feelings about Joe Buck but I can't help but feel that the antipathy for him has gotten beyond ridiculous. It's long since entered groupthink-cultish territory, where your opinion is invalid if you don't think Joe Buck is the worst announcer in sports. Troy Aikman is starting to get similar treatment.

Aikman has his flubs and Buck genuinely seems to do what he does for the paycheck. But I don't think Buck is Fox's #1 announcer out of nepotism. When Buck calls a game, it just feels like a BIG GAME. I don't really know how else to put it. His voice just has a certain gravitas that makes everything feel even more dramatic than it already is.

He's far from my favorite announcer, but I can't think of a more appropriate announcer for the NFCCG or Super Bowl.

The Radish

Reaction score
kearly":ik8esyy2 said:
I don't have very strong feelings about Joe Buck but I can't help but feel that the antipathy for him has gotten beyond ridiculous. It's long since entered groupthink-cultish territory, where your opinion is invalid if you don't think Joe Buck is the worst announcer in sports. Troy Aikman is starting to get similar treatment.

Aikman has his flubs and Buck genuinely seems to do what he does for the paycheck. But I don't think Buck is Fox's #1 announcer out of nepotism. When Buck calls a game, it just feels like a BIG GAME. I don't really know how else to put it. His voice just has a certain gravitas that makes everything feel even more dramatic than it already is.

He's far from my favorite announcer, but I can't think of a more appropriate announcer for the NFCCG or Super Bowl.

Very much like his Father.

:les: