Pete or McVay as HC?

sc85sis

Reaction score
Sounds like he took a page out of Pete's USC book.
Pete was always going to leave USC eventually because in his heart he’s an NFL guy. Should he have tuned down the perfect job with Seattle? This USC fan doesn’t think so.

By leaving when he did, he also screwed himself out of getting into the college football HoF because you have to have been a head coach for ten years. He was at USC for nine.

chris98251

Reaction score
Pete every day any day, McVay has basically quit twice now, wanted a QB last time and more ponies and got them and came back, now that he is going to lose a lot of talent nd have no cap room going to leave again.

Pete rebuilt a dumpster fire with John, when that run was done he has started it again from the ground up almost. Geno is this versions Matt Hasselbeck, we will wait for the right young guy to come along but build the fortress for him in the mean time.

Mase

Reaction score
Pete rebuilt a dumpster fire with John, when that run was done he has started it again from the ground up almost. Geno is this versions Matt Hasselbeck, we will wait for the right young guy to come along but build the fortress for him in the mean time. -- CHRIS98251

-- Just wanted to say this has never been said better or more succinctly. I could not agree more.

Mase

JPatera76

Reaction score
Pete every day any day, McVay has basically quit twice now, wanted a QB last time and more ponies and got them and came back, now that he is going to lose a lot of talent nd have no cap room going to leave again.

Pete rebuilt a dumpster fire with John, when that run was done he has started it again from the ground up almost. Geno is this versions Matt Hasselbeck, we will wait for the right young guy to come along but build the fortress for him in the mean time.
So how talented is McVay really then? He can’t build a team but can coach one.. unless he can sell the farm for damn near the biggest names.

To be a good coach gotta be able to it all. Rebuild, reload, Win, and Lose.

They lose he wants out if it’s a rebuild. That’s not a leader. And Not a sign of a good coach.

Last edited:

JPatera76

Reaction score
“There’s a growing sense that he will [step down],” Florio said. “My understanding is it’s not because of burnout or he wants to get into TV. He won a Super Bowl and now he’s facing a multi-year rebuild that he just doesn’t want to be apart of.”
Could you imagine how less wreckless coaches and GMs would be if they had it in their contract that they would have to stay for a rebuild year if it was caused by them trading the house for 1 Sb? Lol

That would be wild.. or if the NFL instead of sitting owners down and just saying “give them more than a year” and and the NFL and Owners MADE the contracts where the coaches HAD TO fulfill their contracts… I know I’d be curious with what McVay can build and not run from.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Could you imagine how less wreckless coaches and GMs would be if they had it in their contract that they would have to stay for a rebuild year if it was caused by them trading the house for 1 Sb? Lol

That would be wild.. or if the NFL instead of sitting owners down and just saying “give them more than a year” and and the NFL and Owners MADE the contracts where the coaches HAD TO fulfill their contracts… I know I’d be curious with what McVay can build and not run from.
It still got them a Super Bowl win. Wouldn't you be excited if the Seahawks came away with a Super Bowl win, even if they had to mortgage the future? Hell, even if Carroll won a super bowl in 2013 and walked away I would still be excited. Unless you're the mid 2010 Patriots, it's rare that teams are even able to get to the Super Bowl.

I certainly hate this limbo that we're in where we are always in the playoffs but never truly competitors. It's the ultimate tease.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score

Fully agree. He knew what he was doing.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
So how talented is McVay really then? He can’t build a team but can coach one.. unless he can sell the farm for damn near the biggest names.

To be a good coach gotta be able to it all. Rebuild, reload, Win, and Lose.

They lose he wants out if it’s a rebuild. That’s not a leader. And Not a sign of a good coach.
I Think he is a good coach but not close to Pete. Its fairly obvious he needs to have a top 3 roster.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score

All facts. Solid reply.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
The Seahawks Roster was not even close to the Rams when they swept Seattle on the way to the superbowl twice.

2018 Rams roster was rated top 3 by analysts.
2018 Seahawks roster was rated middle of the pack from analysts. From 12th to as far as 17th.

2021 Season:

Rams were graded to be top 3 Roster again. As high as 1st with some analysts and as low as 6th. A average of 2.6 rank.

Seahawks Rank:

Roster was graded as 19th best in the league. As high as 18th and the low was 21st.

THose are the years McVay swept Seattle.

i sure hope a top 3 roster can beat 12 to 21st roster.

Rainger

Reaction score
Pete Carroll literally did the same thing that you're claiming McVay is going to do back when USC was hit with sanctions. You said that you wouldn't have respect for McVay if he decided to retire from the Rams. Our boy did the same thing back in the day. Doesn't matter if it is the NFL or NCAA, it's the same basic action.

That is his point.
Bullshit. Paul Allen came with cap in hand to Pete to save the Hawks. Pete always said he would not go back to the NFL unless he had control over football decisions. He was given that. This occurred before the sanctions. Pete did not RUN from USC. He was offered a legitimate job, the fact the NCAA was investigating was coincidence. Anyways the sanctions were bullshit anyways. None of it had to do with Pete personally. Again you spin information present it as facts and pontificate. You are the Spin Master. Time to change you handle.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Bullshit. Paul Allen came with cap in hand to Pete to save the Hawks. Pete always said he would not go back to the NFL unless he had control over football decisions. He was given that. This occurred before the sanctions. Pete did not RUN from USC. He was offered a legitimate job, the fact the NCAA was investigating was coincidence. Anyways the sanctions were bullshit anyways. None of it had to do with Pete personally. Again you spin information present it as facts and pontificate. You are the Spin Master. Time to change you handle.
Sort of like how you tried to claim that the NFL was going to rig games against Seattle to keep them out of the playoffs. That sound just a tiny little bit familiar?

You're yelling into a void friend, though i would appreciate it if you could edit at least one more bullshit into that post, thank you.

Rainger

Reaction score
Sort of like how you tried to claim that the NFL was going to rig games against Seattle to keep them out of the playoffs. That sound just a tiny little bit familiar?

You're yelling into a void friend, though i would appreciate it if you could edit at least one more bullshit into that post, thank you.
Never said the nfl would rig to keep the Hawks out of playoffs ever keep up the spin

Rainger

Reaction score
Have said refs make calls to steer games never have been part of the nfl Riggs games per say. More Spin here you go more bullshit from you

IndyHawk

Reaction score
So let me get this straight, you ask the community a question, and I answer the question (btw i usually like to give the pot stirring type responses just to make the conversation interesting) and then bash my response? How rude!

That being said, give me Mcvay. He's a QB whisperer. He's an offensive guru.
Yeah you do usually stir the pot.. 😄

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sean McVay. People are still hanging onto the successes that he's had in 2013 and 2014. Since then Carroll hasn't been bad per-say, but he's made some really questionable decisions, especially pertaining to his staff. Carroll's defenses since 2017 have been pretty poor across the board as well. This is supposed to be his wheelhouse.

Another thing that we should mention is that Carroll has far more control over the franchise than McVay has. He outranked Schneider when it comes to FO decisions. This is not the case for Sean McVay and the Rams. The poor defensive drafting/performances can only be tied to Carroll.

Not to say Carroll is bad, I just think people around here are blinded by his 2013 run. I'd say Carroll is the better program manager, but he's inferior to McVay in the game planning and X's and O's department these days.

McVay has had a lot more success since he's popped in as HC than Carroll has. Meanwhile the Seahawks have been kind of treading water since 2017. Even our 12 win season kind of seemed like a farce. We got knocked out by McVay fielding a QB with a broken hand.
He chose to pay Orange #3 that stupid last contract and went light on the D side
It was his stupid mistake in doing so.

hangumhi

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with doing everything he can to win a ring. Even if that means trading picks and giving big contracts.

Seattle did that too.

What’s the difference?

McVay did and he got a ring.

Carroll did it and got a ring.

As long as you get a ring in the process, it was all worth it.

You know the Niners are attempting to the same. We’ll see how far they can actually get.

McVay is a young guy and wants to spend time with his young kids. I totally understand stepping away right now. He has young children and accomplished his goal in the NFL.

Why can’t he step away for now?

I don’t get the let’s bash McVay even or just cause we are Seahawks fans.

Is he really so bad of a guy?

Let the man be with his children and stop trying to make it something it’s not.
I love Pete....But....I think he lacks leadership qualities to manage big personalities so he surrounds himself with weak leaders. I also think he isn't a good coach but more of a good hype man. I think whenever he started on the nepotism train I lost all respect. Who in their right mind thought nate carrol was going to coach DK? I would way rather have mcvay.