Pete or McVay as HC?

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I choose Pete all day. I think McVay is a front runner who destroyed a franchise for a ring and wants to leave town now. Pete literally wins everywhere he goes. McVay was a "Genius" who made Qb Goff look respectable was the public's opinion. However, Goff best year has been in Detroit.

McVay had a loaded Squad and sold out to win a ring. He did that so kudos for that but leaving a broken franchise is a bad look imo. Can you imagine if Pete pulled this?

I know people will say look at the H2H record. Rams also have had the better roster until this yr for awhile and then what happened H2H? Pete swept Mcvay.

Pete may be boring, old school,etc but he wins and wins often. He will be in the HOF.

Mcvay is a very good coach who is over rated imo so far in his career. If he stays and rebuilds? Then i am wrong on him front running.

I still think if careers ended today that Pete would be in HOF and McVay would not.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Seems like a very legit question. How many times has McVay outcoached Pete? Several times
He also ADJUSTS in game, all the time.

Last edited:

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
McVay has show Xs and Os work as long as he has all the exact pieces (some generational or even all-time talents!) on his squad.

Without that? The Xs and Os don't matter. PC has given sustained success, and there may be more and higher accolades to come.

Both coaches motivate and both know Xs and Os. It's simply a matter of emphasis.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I'd take Mcvay all day. He's out schemed Carroll since the day he got to L.A.

The question boils down to, do you want an Xs and Os type coach, or a motivational coach?
I want Xs and Os
Yet is only 6 and 5 vs Pete. With both sweeps being when Rams had the Superior Roster. Both times they made Superbowl.

Weird Pete swept Mcvay this yr. Oh wait he had the better team. See how that works?

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Rosters matter. When hawks had Prime LOB and Russ with Lynch. Prime Team.

36 and 12 record. 1 ring. 2 SB trips. 6 and 2 Playoff Record. Superbowl Loss could be blamed on injuries during game or a Poor pass but mainly blamed on Pete before Russ became the villian.

Pete's overall record looks worse because he has done 2 rebuilds. Facts.

McVay Prime team.

44 and 21. 1 ring. 2 superbowl trips. Same playoff record as Pete. His SB loss, his team scored 6 points.

So yes very close to even.

McVay and the Rams are 1st team ever to have this many losses after winning a superbowl. Pete went back to the superbowl again. Then after a painful loss, he led them back to the playoffs with 10 wins.

Pete led a rebuilding Seattle team this year to the playoffs. Hawks were picked to win 5 games and won 9.

McVay and the Rams sold everything to win 1 chip. They traded for studs and got a ring. So props on that.

Mcvay wants out and wants no part of a rebuild even though he had a major play in crumbling the rams draft picks and cap.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Also head to head record is now 6 to 5 in favor of McVay.

He swept Pete and the Hawks Twice. Both times they made a SuperBowl run.

Pete swept McVay and the Rams this yr. Pete had better team. Its funny how that works.

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Crazy!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230109-152757_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20230109-152757_Twitter.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 33
OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Another one.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230109-153128_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20230109-153128_Twitter.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 22

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with doing everything he can to win a ring. Even if that means trading picks and giving big contracts.

Seattle did that too.

What’s the difference?

McVay did and he got a ring.

Carroll did it and got a ring.

As long as you get a ring in the process, it was all worth it.

You know the Niners are attempting to the same. We’ll see how far they can actually get.

McVay is a young guy and wants to spend time with his young kids. I totally understand stepping away right now. He has young children and accomplished his goal in the NFL.

Why can’t he step away for now?

I don’t get the let’s bash McVay even or just cause we are Seahawks fans.

Is he really so bad of a guy?

Let the man be with his children and stop trying to make it something it’s not.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Yet is only 6 and 5 vs Pete. With both sweeps being when Rams had the Superior Roster. Both times they made Superbowl.

Weird Pete swept Mcvay this yr. Oh wait he had the better team. See how that works?
So let me get this straight, you ask the community a question, and I answer the question (btw i usually like to give the pot stirring type responses just to make the conversation interesting) and then bash my response? How rude!

That being said, give me Mcvay. He's a QB whisperer. He's an offensive guru.