NFL looking 49ers sideline hit on Jeremy Lane

Popeyejones

Reaction score
As they should.

Honestly, been watching it over and over again, and really hard to tell what happened. First I thought it looked like he was shoved, and then tripped maybe intentionally or unintentionally (back to the play just like Tomlin; and I'm one of the few who thought Tomlin was clearly unintentional, but still deserving of penalty), but after watching it a bunch of times I think it's also possible that Lane slipped on the yard marker.

Anybody know where a more HD video of this is, or even better, a different angle? Has Lane said anything about what he thinks happened?

I'm going off this: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... --nfl.html

If it can be determined to be an intentional trip or shove, , the NFL needs to take that really seriously.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Quinton Dial with the straight up sucka move, that's what happened.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Quinton Dial's punk ass hit him on purpose.

Its all good though, he'll have time to reenact that moment with the pillows on his couch on Feb 2nd.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Harbaugh watched the whole thing... waiting for the all-22 so i can see what the guy did but it looks (to me) like he got hip checked.

lane_000_zpsa9d9f247.png

lane_001_zps3bdc84d6.png

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Too bad that hit didnt cause Lane to slide in Harbaugh...that would of been karma

ColtsGuy

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":2p60imus said:
Too bad that hit didnt cause Lane to slide in Harbaugh...that would of been karma

I would have laughed so hard. Who ever that is should get a fine/suspension.

rlkats

Reaction score
It should be looked at and if a wrong was commuted then punishment is needed.

Claden

Reaction score
Straight up punk move. Doubt the league will do anything about it.

rlkats

Reaction score
GeekHawk":2x6qcej0 said:
But, if a wrong is commuted then punishment isn't warranted. Damn you, English language!

ya sorry fat thumbs. Guess i should proof read first. Thanks for teaching me my lesson teacher. commited

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Both of us thought Lane was clothes lined. It was a cheap shot no matter what actually happened. Hope the NFL does something.

Laloosh

Reaction score
FWIW: The all-22 does not have a better view of the play. Might be a better angle out there somewhere.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
There's no question it was intentional. He put his elbow into his throat and neither Dial or Harbaugh bothered moving. There should be a big fine

summesm

Reaction score
Anyone hear anything on this yet sure hope it don't get sweeped under the rug. Very dirty and Harbough watched the whole thing happen

Exittium

Reaction score
from that 1st picture alone you can tell he was hit, just his body and how it is.. otherwise he runs really weird which I doubt.

OP
OP
HAWKAMANIA

HAWKAMANIA

Reaction score
Still no word, and from what it sounds like they are still investigating, though the Niners haven't been contacted by the NFL about it yet.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
This not making a decision makes me more concerned that they will buy the bs from Harbaugh and not do anything.