John Moffitt gives up on football (Confirmed)

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Mike Klis ‏@MikeKlis 14m
Broncos' G John Moffitt is doing some soul searching. Didn't show up after bye. Frustrated with lack of playing time.

Update (from KJR):

Dave Softy Mahler ‏@Softykjr 12m
Just talked to John Moffitt. He's giving up football. Told the @DenverBroncos two days ago. "I'm ready to live a different kind of life."

From the Horse's Mouth:

John Moffitt ‏@Moffitt74 22m
Football was fun but my head hurts-haha kidding roger goodell. I'm on to new things, thanks to everyone along the way!!!

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Hmm. Didn't put in the work to fully claim the starting spot here, and now he's walking away?

What a sense of entitlement. :roll:

drdiags

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that John is having an early career crossroad. His fun loving, hi-jinks style endured him to many and he wasn't a terrible player. I keep picturing the big private in "Full Metal Jacket" that the Sargent transformed from Private Joker to a psycho killing machine, who unfortunately killed the Sarge and himself.

Was playing it out in my head with Cable being the Sarge prior to the trade. Sorry for going bonkers and off topic. Hee hee ...

Basis4day

Reaction score
Seahawks fans would have a way different perception of him if it weren't for the 2 mins a week on the Real Rob Report. I could care less that he got arrested. Lynch got arrested. Fan favorite Lofa Tatupu got arrested. But one guy cracks a smile in a web-video and the whole fanbase turns against him.

hawk45

Reaction score
drdiags":dvczu2tr said:
Sorry to hear that John is having an early career crossroad. His fun loving, hi-jinks style endured him to many and he wasn't a terrible player. I keep picturing the big private in "Full Metal Jacket" that the Sargent transformed from Private Joker to a psycho killing machine, who unfortunately killed the Sarge and himself.

Was playing it out in my head with Cable being the Sarge prior to the trade. Sorry for going bonkers and off topic. Hee hee ...

It was Private Pyle who got transformed into a killing machine.

Private Joker was the skinny white dude that the movie followed out of boot camp and into Nam.

OP
OP
DavidSeven

DavidSeven

Reaction score
For the record, I have nothing against Moffitt. I'm still not convinced that last year's late decision to bench him and then platoon him was a good one. Our O-line was rolling when he was a full-time starter.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If they release him, we need to do anything we can to sign him again.

We need pass protectors badly.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Per the twitterverse

Didn't report back to Denver HQ.

@Softykjr: Just talked to John Moffitt. He's giving up football. Told the @DenverBroncos two days ago. "I'm ready to live a different kind of life."

dbmack

Reaction score
From Twitter:

Dave Softy Mahler ‏@Softykjr 9m
Just talked to John Moffitt. He's giving up football. Told the @DenverBroncos two days ago. "I'm ready to live a different kind of life."

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
That's incredibly sad to hear.

Hopefully they can get him as the Seahawks correspondent for the RRR, yeah?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Hooters girl?

Sad to hear about that, but I suppose it was inevitable given his career trajectory.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Heard something about this on the radio. Liked Moffitt the person. Not sure about Moffitt the player...

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Baaaahahahahahaha.

What a chump. Start taking your career seriously, you bozo the clown waste of a draft pick.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I never understood why players do this. Pouting at home because he is not getting enough playing time? How about you show up to work, make your ridiculous amount of money, and be ready to play if you are needed?

Plenty of guys at home on the couch would love to work for an NFL team, even if it meant they were inactive on Sundays.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1mcdp6ho said:
I never understood why players do this. Pouting at home because he is not getting enough playing time? How about you show up to work, make your ridiculous amount of money, and be ready to play if you are needed?

Plenty of guys at home on the couch would love to work for an NFL team, even if it meant they were inactive on Sundays.

He's doing some "soul searching", and I guess sometimes, it's just not about the money.