John Moffitt gives up on football (Confirmed)

Rocket

Reaction score
drdiags":2b5ipdjt said:
Sorry for going bonkers and off topic. Hee hee ...
Bein' bonkers is good for your soul. Trust me.

Also, Vinnie D (Pyle) shot Gunny, not Joker.

dunceface

Reaction score
maybe he should try wearing his hooters outfit under his uniform...

razgriz737

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2hr3n3pk said:
I never understood why players do this. Pouting at home because he is not getting enough playing time? How about you show up to work, make your ridiculous amount of money, and be ready to play if you are needed?

Plenty of guys at home on the couch would love to work for an NFL team, even if it meant they were inactive on Sundays.
According to DavidSeven's new info, sounds like it could be something more than just playing time.

seabowl

Reaction score
Rocket":3hzmb31h said:
We gotta trade back for him.
It's a zen thing. We're paper thin.

Not going to happen this year since trade deadline is over plus we gave him away for basically nothing so don't see us taking him back.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
Doesn't even register on my surprise level. This dude would rather do radio shows then workout and get better. The Hawks need people who are 100% committed and he clearly was not.

Oakhawk

Reaction score
I heard it's the smart guys that get bullied the most. Doesn't really apply here though...

Laloosh

Reaction score
dunceface":2zcgzxmi said:
maybe he should try wearing his hooters outfit under his uniform...

Nothing a season with Annie Savoy couldn't fix.

- "Jesus, what's got into Nuke?"
- "He's wearing garters... and he's breathing out of his eyelids like a lava lizard. lt's an old Mayan deal."
- "Aztec."
- "Aztec deal."

Bull durham mv01

Laloosh

Reaction score
Oakhawk":qhzabfq3 said:
I heard it's the smart guys that get bullied the most. Doesn't really apply here though...

Wondered when someone would turn that into an avatar lol. It's too good not to be utilized...

file.php

hawk45

Reaction score
Yeesh, the one draft we tried to spend some capital on the line and we ended up with Carp (still a WIP) and Moffit.

Although...this post forced me to look at the draft picks over the last years and my goodness there are SO. MANY. HITS. I mean the Carp/Moffit draft had Sherman, KJ Wright, and Malcom Smith. Goodness gracious.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
I never got the impression that Moffitt was as competitive as it requires to be a great, consistent performer. One of the things we see from the Seahawks that stick is that they all look like they take pride in making sure they don't make mistakes and take measured chances when they can make great plays. It was much more difficult to see that from Moffitt, given his self-deprecating way he had addressing everything. Hard for coaches to get behind someone that plays but doesn't appear to be putting everything into it. He probably had the talent, but was missing the intangibles.

I liked Moffitt, hope he catches on in the media somewhere.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Hhhhmmm, maybe he just doesn't like playing football?

Good for him, hopefully he pursues something that makes him happy and content. He's a funny, likable guy, good in front of the camera, there's something out there for him.

Starrman44

Reaction score
I wish the best for him. In my dreams, if I played for the Seahawks and got traded to the Raiders, Broncos, or Steelers, I'd quit too.

Barthawk

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":282bk7m8 said:

Good for him, hopefully he pursues something that makes him happy and content. He's a funny, likable guy, good in front of the camera, there's something out there for him.

I agree. He doesn't want to play football anymore.. life goes on.

Largent80

Reaction score
Barthawk":2jdmjy63 said:
twisted_steel2":2jdmjy63 said:

Maybe he could be a professional bacon eater.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Largent80":1enohief said:
Barthawk":1enohief said:
twisted_steel2":1enohief said:

Maybe he could be a professional bacon eater.

Where do I apply?!