John Moffitt gives up on football (Confirmed)

OP
OP
DavidSeven

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Brock Huard said on the radio the other day that he estimated the number of guys in the NFL who actually love playing football professionally to be around 25%. The NFL is a grind. He did also say that one of PC/JS's great strengths was identifying guys who loved to ball and building a team full of those types. I think it's easier to look at our team and assume everyone is having as much fun as they do, but that's by design and is not true of the entire league.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
I suppose my perspective is that of a person who has a mind designed to love football and a body designed to be destroyed the first big hit I took. This seems to be the opposite of Moffit.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
A decent perspective guys. He didn't not like his job he hated it in fact. He didn't care about the money he had plenty. He just wants to do something else,

irocdave

Reaction score
I listened to most of the interview. It got really weird when Softy asked Holmy to talk to JM like he was his coach and this happened under his watch. It was awkward radio but you could clearly hear Mike influencing him. Guess that's why MH was such a great coach. It's worth a listen if you ever wondered how these type of conversations sound real time. MH had JM ready to give it another go. JM said he didn't understand why he was traded and if he wasn't traded by PC he may have continued playing if he was with the Hawks.

JM also said he isn't smoking pot now, just an FYI.

ratso

Reaction score
John Moffitt: NFL is 'dirty business'

Former Denver Broncos offensive guard John Moffitt blasted the NFL in a FOXSports.com podcast.

“It’s all dirty business and the worst part about it is — all business is dirty business,” Moffitt said on The Peter Schrager Podcast. “Let’s be honest, let’s look at Corporate America and what they try to instill in people, like it’s such a big deal because I leave the NFL. That’s how brainwashed people are with money and a false sense of security, but not only is the NFL dirty corporate America business, but now you’re risking people’s health.”

more at link

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/John ... ast-111213

HawkWow

Reaction score
-The Glove-":1nhu0rvg said:
Meh...Moffitt is starting to get annoying with this stuff

We get it already, John. Too bad you didn't retire @ Wisconsin. 15 minutes..UP!