Can we look ahead to the Red 'n Gold elephant in the room?

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Our "friends" to the south, winners of 5 straight and have looked damn good doing it, are about to get a major infusion of talent returning to the field. These players are:

Receivers Michael Crabtree and Mario Manningham, their #1 and #2 receivers from last year. Not good.

Aldon Smith. Like they needed more help on that defensive line.

Depth Players defensive lineman Cornellius Carradine and Cornerback Eric Wright.

Sure, we should have our tackles and Harvin back by then, but I admit I am scared of these guys, especially with the way they've been kickin' ass and we've been stinking up the joint with lesser teams lately. I think you can forget about all other NFC Teams, even the Saints. The Niners are the main roadblock in our quest for the Vince Lombardi this year. I hope our Hawks can revert to late last season form, and do it quickly! I really don't give us much of a chance in San Fran, but I thought that before the season even started.

Anyways, just sayin'...

IcedHawk

Reaction score
They're the 49ers. We don't give them any respect.

:49ersmall:

Laloosh

Reaction score
They've definitely hit their stride as of late but I think that's easier to do behind a healthy line. Many of their fans will be quick to point out the point differential in their wins and that's fine but RW having 3-4 seconds to throw the ball would make a pretty big difference imo.

Either way, I think we still match up well against them provided we can get our o-line in shape before we go down to SF. I think the bigger challenge is getting through next week.

C-Dub

Reaction score
Whiners are and have been #1 in my power rankings for about 3 weeks now. @SF will be very tough, and nearly impossible if we don't improve the line.

1. Whiners
2. Broncos
3. Seahawks
4. Packers
5. Saints
6. Colts
7. Pats
8. Bengals
9. Chiefs

It's going to be real tough to hold them off for HFA.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Good, they will look more like when we kicked their add last December.

They gave a rough schedule coming up. They have been beating lesser thans.

We'll see. We own our destiny right now.

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":17xssk1t said:
They have been beating lesser thans.

How can you say that with a straight face a day after struggling with the worst team in the league... missing two of their biggest stars AND using a backup QB.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
QuickLightning":13uefblv said:
FlyingGreg":13uefblv said:
They have been beating lesser thans.

How can you say that with a straight face a day after struggling with the worst team in the league... missing two of their biggest stars AND using a backup QB.

The Jags are the worst team by far. And I don't think the Bucs are anywhere near as bad as their winless season would suggest. They lost to the Saints by 1 point, and have been very close in other games with quality opponents. Their main problem is their inept coach.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
They always have and always will be our biggest road block to the Super Bowl this year. Hopefully Roman and Harbaugh get all caught up in their new toys coming back and deviate from their current style again.

sedrohawk

Reaction score
alot can change by then as far as health and how the team is playing. keep in mind the 49ers have had 2 long seasons in a row and i think they will start to wear down by years end.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Moved? No offense mods, but how could this possibly be MORE Seahawks related? This was directly related to how the Seahawks were gonna match up against our most hated NFC West rival. Just don't get it anymore. Time to start another Russell Wilson thread...

davidonmi

Reaction score
we need the saints to beat them, I have a hard time seeing us go into candlestick and win

scakfan

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1d2hzboe said:
next three will tell a lot:

Home vs. Panthers
@ Saints
@ Redskins

I agree! I have checked their box scores in their wins against supposed weaker teams and they are almost always behind in yards per game. Their defense not unlike ours has come to the rescue many times.. But their offense is still not dynamic. They're over rated in some areas. This coming weekend will give us a tell if that statement is correct as I believe they have their hands full with that Carolina D.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
BlueThunder":5bbqwiwa said:
Moved? No offense mods, but how could this possibly be MORE Seahawks related? This was directly related to how the Seahawks were gonna match up against our most hated NFC West rival. Just don't get it anymore. Time to start another Russell Wilson thread...

We don't play them until December. Why would there be an entire tread devoted to them in the main forum now? This is the NFL. A million things can happen over the course of a month.

hawker84

Reaction score
I'll let you know my opinion about SF after they play CAR, NO, and us. till then besides GB and their lack of defense, they haven't beat anybody. and our struggles with those teams have nothing to do with them.

Pak40.

Reaction score
Yes, ask the packers and Aaron Rodgers. On any play a teams entire season can go down the tubes. It is scary really.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
No question they are not the same team that lost to the Hawks and the Colts right now. Unfortunately we do not appear to be the same team that smoked them in week 2. A lot can happen, but I absolutely agree that they are the #1 roadblock in the road to the superbowl, and if we play like we played the last two games next time we play them, they will kill us.

OP
OP
BlueThunder

BlueThunder

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1vniilg4 said:
BlueThunder":1vniilg4 said:

We don't play them until December. Why would there be an entire tread devoted to them in the main forum now? This is the NFL. A million things can happen over the course of a month.

I guess I just feel that the NFL Nation forum should be for, say, Patriots vs Jets, or Giants vs Cowboys, or how do you think them Chiefs are looking? But I think if a thread is obviously directed at how our Seahawks match up against our biggest, most hated rivals, I think that is very much main forum material. Maybe I base my opinion on the dozens of forums I peruse every year in my message board searches every season. Ours is the only one that has this strict adherence to discussing ONLY the Seahawks, like no other teams exist or affect us in any way. In fact, I'm not sure what the parameters are. I guess I thought that this would be of great interest to our members, so I posted it. Instead, it gets booted to the NFL Nation forum that gets probably 1/100th the traffic of the main forum. So I dunno. I'm not gonna press it, because I actually got banned years ago on Scout for arguing the point (though admittedly, it was in a drunken rage kinda way! :lol: ). So, whatever. In the big picture, it's some pretty damn unimportant stuff, so I'll just leave it alone. No big.