Can we look ahead to the Red 'n Gold elephant in the room?

Laloosh

Reaction score
IcedHawk":12liyjxq said:
lvnginhwktwn":12liyjxq said:
IcedHawk":12liyjxq said:
lvnginhwktwn":12liyjxq said:
2-0, 1-1, and yet to be determined is not exactly "dominance".
IF we win, that would be 3-0 with the current quarterbacks, 3-1 overall, and an ungodly point differential. That is as much as a two year dominance as you can get.

If you look at it that way, but in order to win championships, you need to dominate more than just your division rival.
Grasping at straws there, buddy. This is a thread on the Niners vs the Seahawks. Not "Can we win the Super Bowl by only beating SF". How do reach the playoffs? Win the division. How do you win the division? Beat your division rivals. We've done that this year. Have you?

STL went 4-1-1 in the division last year? Did they make the playoffs? lvinginhwktwn has a point. Ask the 7-1 Chicago Bears of 2012 how things turned out for them in the playoffs - doh, they didn't make the playoffs.

I don't think "dominance" would come to mind if we were 3-0 against them in the regular season but lost in the playoffs, in our stadium. My only point being, maybe ease off a bit.

Laloosh

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":nicugr8q said:
E.C. Your avatar is hilarious

Ironically, it's an official Seattle Seahawks image. One of the players tweeted it during OTAs.

IcedHawk

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":3uilyo8d said:
IcedHawk":3uilyo8d said:
lvnginhwktwn":3uilyo8d said:
IcedHawk":3uilyo8d said:
IF we win, that would be 3-0 with the current quarterbacks, 3-1 overall, and an ungodly point differential. That is as much as a two year dominance as you can get.

If you look at it that way, but in order to win championships, you need to dominate more than just your division rival.
Grasping at straws there, buddy. This is a thread on the Niners vs the Seahawks. Not "Can we win the Super Bowl by only beating SF". How do reach the playoffs? Win the division. How do you win the division? Beat your division rivals. We've done that this year. Have you?

STL went 4-1-1 in the division last year? Did they make the playoffs? lvinginhwktwn has a point. Ask the 7-1 Chicago Bears of 2012 how things turned out for them in the playoffs - doh, they didn't make the playoffs.

I don't think "dominance" would come to mind if we were 3-0 against them in the regular season but lost in the playoffs, in our stadium. My only point being, maybe ease off a bit.
I'll give you ST. Louis, Chicago went 3-3 in their division, and tied with Minnesota. What would've happened if they won more in their division? Playoffs.

SF hasn't beat us here in the playoffs. The crux of the issue is we've handled SF extremely well recently. Of course, if we lose there, "dominance" wouldn't come to mind. My main point is if we beat SF down in SF, I think we could apply "dominance" to the results of our head-to-heads.

Polaris

Reaction score
I also seem to remember that the Raiders when 6-0 in their division a few years ago and missed the playoffs. That said, I would say that division wins are extremely important and indeed the most important types of wins for playoff positioning if not quite the end of the story.

IcedHawk

Reaction score
Polaris":3bwqk2ag said:
I also seem to remember that the Raiders when 6-0 in their division a few years ago and missed the playoffs. That said, I would say that division wins are extremely important and indeed the most important types of wins for playoff positioning if not quite the end of the story.
But were they the division champs? I think there's a disconnect between "winning" your division, and winning in your division. I'll concede the fact that victories in the division is not the end all be all, although I do feel that in our division, winning the game against the 49ers will most likely be the difference between a 1st seed and a 5th seed.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I have little concern for the Niners. They are good and all that, but the Hawks will show up when the time comes. There is a big difference in how the team plays the Niners rather than other teams.

They can beat the Hawks, but there will be a game in SF not a beat down. The Hawks will be in it when the fourth quarter comes. That game could be a 50/50 game down there. It won't be a revenge whooping.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
QuickLightning":3hcu5pxn said:
FlyingGreg":3hcu5pxn said:
They have been beating lesser thans.

How can you say that with a straight face a day after struggling with the worst team in the league... missing two of their biggest stars AND using a backup QB.
Huh, I wasn't aware they were without Revis and VJax...

And I'm not quite sure you can say Glennon is a "backup" QB

nategreat

Reaction score
red-elephant-banksy-338521_800_501.jpg

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
They're playing quite well right now. By the time we play them, it'll be just the right time for another ass-whipping by Seattle, and their fans will frustratingly resign themselves to accepting a wild card playoff spot.

I hope they make it to the NFCCG, which is held in our house, and we play the role of the 90s Cowboys to cut them short of some Super Bowl appearances. The thought literally makes me giggle inside.

Laloosh

Reaction score
I'm glad that everybody is so confident but I'm watching them and then watching us... then watching them... then shaking my head as I watch us... then reading your posts and shaking my head.

@SF will be the best game of the season (win or lose) if both teams play well. I hope both teams can avoid further injury this season because I can't wait to see how things shake out.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
We will see. Both teams are good. You guys are certainly very capable in all aspects IMO. You can complain about unimpressive wins against lessor opponents if you want. Maybe you should beat them by more and not struggle vs. teams like Tampa Bay. But a win is still a win. At the end of the day they don't count if it was pretty or not. It just goes down as a W in your record. So that is good for you.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":2bg2tlyd said:
I'm glad that everybody is so confident but I'm watching them and then watching us... then watching them... then shaking my head as I watch us... then reading your posts and shaking my head.

@SF will be the best game of the season (win or lose) if both teams play well. I hope both teams can avoid further injury this season because I can't wait to see how things shake out.
If we're still playing a month from now the way we are at present, I'll be very worried. However, we'll have both tackles back along with Percy by the time we face the 49ers. We should be much more effective at that point.

Fanatics

Reaction score
scakfan":wzrdhdv0 said:
I have checked their box scores in their wins against supposed weaker teams and they are almost always behind in yards per game. Their defense not unlike ours has come to the rescue many times.. But their offense is still not dynamic. They're over rated in some areas. This coming weekend will give us a tell if that statement is correct as I believe they have their hands full with that Carolina D.
The yards in those games have been misleading, as the 49ers have been blowing out the opponent and the yards have come against the prevent D, if not backups. For instance looking the games up, Houston was a 34-3 final score, Tennessee after 3 was 24-0, and Jacksonville was 28-0 at halftime...the only team that kept the game close was Arizona. But I agree that we will find out more, with the stretch of games they will be on, although coming off a bye is always nice. I am glad we do not face the Saints until we have a week off as well, should allow us to refresh a bit and hopefully be full strength for the Saints and 49ers.

FriscosFinest

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":ro0b4ybo said:
They're playing quite well right now. By the time we play them, it'll be just the right time for another ass-whipping by Seattle, and their fans will frustratingly resign themselves to accepting a wild card playoff spot.

I hope they make it to the NFCCG, which is held in our house, and we play the role of the 90s Cowboys to cut them short of some Super Bowl appearances. The thought literally makes me giggle inside.

just remember that those ass-whippings actually came at YOUR home. you guys havent played IN sf since october of last year. your 2-0 streak is from back to back home games against us. you didnt score a TD last year against us. might be a repeat performance if your o-line issues stay consistant..

OrFan

Reaction score
The real question here is: What is the first thing you notice about that red and gold elephant?

It has a dick hanging from it's face!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
FriscosFinest":1txqlpji said:
just remember that those ass-whippings actually came at YOUR home. you guys havent played IN sf since october of last year. your 2-0 streak is from back to back home games against us. you didnt score a TD last year against us. might be a repeat performance if your o-line issues stay consistant..

Just remember how green Russell Wilson was, early in the season at your house; and how many balls our receivers dropped.

We'll see what happens in a few weeks. :devil:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
IcedHawk":2ushezj0 said:
My main point is if we beat SF down in SF, I think we could apply "dominance" to the results of our head-to-heads.

Perhaps, but then you'd be guilty of the exact same bluster that 9ers fans were guilty of when the 9ers beat the Hawks three times in a row. 9ers fans were certain of their dominance, and then watched their team got blown the frig out in the next matchup.

I mean, with two perfectly equal teams there is a 1 in 8 chance that the same team will win three times in a row. It's flipping heads three times in a row. That's far from crazy, and certainly not heads "dominating" tails. It wasn't when the 9ers beat the Hawks three times in a row, and it won't be if the Hawks beat the 9ers three times in row.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Kind of funny reading you say that, Popeye, since every 49er fan on this planet used to talk about how Harbaugh owned Carroll up and down the block. :roll:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":14ujvld3 said:
Kind of funny reading you say that, Popeye, since every 49er fan on this planet used to talk about how Harbaugh owned Carroll up and down the block. :roll:

Don't understand the :roll:

You're restating what I said and then rolling your eyes. When 9ers went 3-0 to start the Harbaugh/Carroll NFL rivalry 9ers fans believed they were "dominate" and they were wrong. Your point is exactly what I meant by "you'd be guilty of the exact same bluster that 9ers fans were guilty of when..."

I was saying IcedHawk may be right, but he might also be absolutely no different at all from all of those 9ers fans that you guys hate so much. ;)