Cowboys choke another one

RiverDog

Reaction score
Worse than the Denver giveaway a few weeks ago. I watched the entire game. Megatron was unstoppable. Dez Bryant is a jerk. Post game, the Cowboys are painting their usual smiley face on the situation, but I can't see his actions as being a positive. I hope you guys can see why I'm a bit concerned about Percy Harvin's propensity to behave in a similar manner.

The bad news for us is that the Giants might finally be getting their act together, and with no dominant team in the NFC East, they're just 2 games out of the lead. Being in the hunt could make them tougher to beat, especially considering it's in their house and at the dreaded early start.

City

Reaction score
Yes, thanks to Dez Bryant and the Dallas Cowboys propensity to choke, Percy Harvin will be a locker room cancer and the mighty Giants led by Josh Brown will take us down.

JonRud

Reaction score
The Giants are horrible. they didn't even score a TD against a very bad Philly D.

chrispy

Reaction score
I think it was another moral victory.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I can see the worry based on Harvin's past history, but there's a few differences:

Pete Carroll promotes a very positive, yet competitive environment. They do everything to make sure you as a player are happy and can succeed. If you don't, your ass will be cut and replaced by a 5th rounder if he ouplays you.

This is a very deep and competitive team, with great leadership on both sides of the ball. From all accounts, Ponder and Romo don't have the strength of character and leadership that Wilson has. We also have a history (although recent) of winning here, it's a winning culture, and our QB is a proven winner and leader. That makes it a bit difficult to come at him on the sidelines. Notice there wasn't a peep out of anything about Harvin when Favre when running that Vikings team. Rice had significantly more targets than Harvin in that year as well.

Jerry Jones creates a circus. Players know they can do mostly whatever they want (look at the joke that was Ratliff's contract) knowing the coaching staff doesn't have the final say. That's ultimately what killed Carroll in NE, and it's hasn't worked for the Cowgirls since the 90s.

Harvin got paid, and got the respect he feels he deserves. He's a competitor above all else, and he knows he has to earn that contract on a deep team where very few guys' jobs are safe.

mikeak

Reaction score
RiverDog":1zbbr9tv said:
Worse than the Denver giveaway a few weeks ago. I watched the entire game. Megatron was unstoppable. Dez Bryant is a jerk. Post game, the Cowboys are painting their usual smiley face on the situation, but I can't see his actions as being a positive. I hope you guys can see why I'm a bit concerned about Percy Harvin's propensity to behave in a similar manner.

The bad news for us is that the Giants might finally be getting their act together, and with no dominant team in the NFC East, they're just 2 games out of the lead. Being in the hunt could make them tougher to beat, especially considering it's in their house and at the dreaded early start.

Vick left the game, Foles still out so Matt Barkley played. The Giants SUCK... I have absolutely no worries about that game from the Seahawks perspective

Let me correct that - if we can't beat that Giants team handily then we don't belong in a playoff discussion so I would be more mad about the pretending than the loss. They still suck

Cowboys scares me a lot more. They can put up some points but we should be able to get 5-8 turnovers against them so that is an upside :)

Largent80

Reaction score
Harvin is NOT going to act like a crybaby.

Giants are dreadful, and 2 wins does not change that.

Dallas implodes.

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
mikeak":1l6oxl1s said:
RiverDog":1l6oxl1s said:

Vick left the game, Foles still out so Matt Barkley played. The Giants SUCK... I have absolutely no worries about that game from the Seahawks perspective

Let me correct that - if we can't beat that Giants team handily then we don't belong in a playoff discussion so I would be more mad about the pretending than the loss. They still suck

Cowboys scares me a lot more. They can put up some points but we should be able to get 5-8 turnovers against them so that is an upside :)

Good points. But the game vs. the Giants is over a month away. They could be a much different team by then, and if they're still in the hunt for their division title, it's going to make winning there more problematic.

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
Largent80":1pwo89sp said:

Dallas implodes.

Well, let's hope not, and I'm certainly not predicting some sort of problem ala Dez. I'm just using the incident to demonstrate my uneasiness. We'd be very naïve if we were to believe that all a person has to do is don a blue and green uniform and their personality suddenly undergoes some sort of metamorphosis.

The Radish

Reaction score
I've been saying for quite a while that Dallas has a $70 million QB and a $.05 defense. they truly looked dreadful.

:les:

Largent80

Reaction score
RiverDog":gs39luh3 said:
Largent80":gs39luh3 said:

Dallas implodes.

Well, let's hope not, and I'm certainly not predicting some sort of problem ala Dez. I'm just using the incident to demonstrate my uneasiness. We'd be very naïve if we were to believe that all a person has to do is don a blue and green uniform and their personality suddenly undergoes some sort of metamorphosis.

In the P&J era, the door WILL hit you in the ass on your way out.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
C'mon man thought you were gonna "wait and see" with Percy. It just seems you want to keep knocking him every chance you get. It also seems like you'd rather be right than give Percy a chance to change his 'tude.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
Seattle these days is a totally positive environment. I don't see similar issues with any player. I saw the Bryant stuff too, and was shocked that the coach just stood there letting him throw a two year old temper tantrum.

strohmin

Reaction score
I'm gonna trust that the f.o. did all their homework before giving up a first rounder and a crap load of money for him.