49ers drop Lockette, Sign Wallace

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Bwahahahaaa! BFFs broken up, Niner fans dejected.

Hope Lockette took lots of photos of the ESPYs because that's as close to fame as he will EVER get.

drdiags

Reaction score
I would imagine Lockette goes back to the 9ers PS once the final cutdowns are done. He probably still has eligibility left. I think he has less than 9 games on the active roster?

He turned down a chance late last year to come off the 9ers PS to go on an active roster. I would imagine the team rewards him for his loyalty. Or not. Not sure how they feel about keeping him around for another year on the PS. But I bet they sign him to the PS if no one picks him up in the next few weeks.

drdiags

Reaction score
I also am not sure Seneca makes it to the final 53-man roster. The 9ers had a chance to sign him before he went to the Saints and it just seems late in the pre-season to think he can come in and take the backup role.

OP
OP
N

NinerBuff

Reaction score
drdiags":2xj01sz7 said:
I would imagine Lockette goes back to the 9ers PS once the final cutdowns are done. He probably still has eligibility left. I think he has less than 9 games on the active roster?

He turned down a chance late last year to come off the 9ers PS to go on an active roster. I would imagine the team rewards him for his loyalty. Or not. Not sure how they feel about keeping him around for another year on the PS. But I bet they sign him to the PS if no one picks him up in the next few weeks.

Yes drdiags,

He does have PS eligibility, and I would expect him to be placed there... still, after a full offseason with the starting QB, I think the writing is on the wall... he is not an NFL caliber player.

Marvin49

Reaction score
In all honesty...it makes sense in terms of a skillset more similar to Kaep. Still not sure Wallace makes the final 53, but I think Tolzien is about to be a goner.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Harbaugh on Lockette this offseason: "There’s something special there. I just feel it."

LOL

49er fans were talking about how Lockette was going to be awesome this year because he is Kaepernick's roommate.

Giedi

Reaction score
Marvin49":u6zj53ja said:
In all honesty...it makes sense in terms of a skillset more similar to Kaep. Still not sure Wallace makes the final 53, but I think Tolzien is about to be a goner.
yeah Marvin and NinerBuff, I'm with you on your points.

I do think Lockett experiment is over, specially with Baldwin being bigger, just as fast, has more talent. As for Seneca, his mobility in the pistol formation is a plus. BJ lit up KC and I think he's doing that in practice - otherwise why is Seneca being hired?

Decimation

Reaction score
LOL.

Remember Ricardo "The Rocket" Lockette at the ESPYS? Because I sure do. Some star he is.

Giedi

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3uk9l9re said:
Harbaugh on Lockette this offseason: "There’s something special there. I just feel it."

LOL

49er fans were talking about how Lockette was going to be awesome this year because he is Kaepernick's roommate.
Well there were high hopes for his skill set. Wonderful speed, but apparently not much more than that. No hands, no shake and bake, and no catches at all in any pre-season games.

Marvin49

Reaction score
HawkFan72":l17wqxt1 said:

LOL

I don't know any 49er fans that were seriously expecting much from Lockette this year. I expected him to MAYBE be on the practice squad.

I DID however think we'd see better play from Colt McCoy.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
So Channel 83 is, once again, taken off the air?

If you gotta use colors and shapes to dumb down an NFL playbook, it is not a good sign.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Yeah, this is sort of funny that after all the talk, Lockette gets cut (at least temporarily.) But, I actually don't like that Jon Baldwin is a 49er. CP was set to be the slightly average QB I think he really is. I don't like seeing an under-achieving WR added there. Hopefully Jon Baldwin is just as ineffective as Lockette was for the Niners.

Go Hawks.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Marvin49":2d6hnmdf said:
HawkFan72":2d6hnmdf said:

LOL

I don't know any 49er fans that were seriously expecting much from Lockette this year. I expected him to MAYBE be on the practice squad.

You must suffer from "selective reading" then. There were plenty of SF here singing the praises of the "rocket" and how he and the Kraeper had a connection. Your favorite coach was also talking him up like a superstar! Oops!

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2zcjykpt said:
Marvin49":2zcjykpt said:
HawkFan72":2zcjykpt said:

LOL

You must suffer from "selective reading" then. There were plenty of SF here singing the praises of the "rocket" and how he and the Kraeper had a connection. Your favorite coach was also talking him up like a superstar! Oops!

Well...

1) The key to my statement was the word "SERIOUSLY". :) There are 49er fans right now that are talking about Baldwin as a perfect #2 WR. They are nuts. I just kinda discount those guys right off the bat.

2) Harbaugh does that with ALL players. The best thing to do when Harbaugh is talking about the skill of his players is simply not listen. Why? He uses the press to defend his players and build their confidense. Did you hear him talk about AJ Jenkins last year? He really doesn't give 2 sh*ts about what the media or anyone else thinks of him. he uses the media to achieve a goal. Sometimes that goal is to make himself the issue so the press leaves the player alone and sometimes its to give the player a boost. Bottom line....don't listen to Harbaugh when he talks about players. He is using the press to accomplish a goal. Being truthful is a distant second in his mind to using the press to gain some small advantage.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
When I saw Lockette sitting there at the ESPYs, I cracked up...he hasn't done jack squat in the NFL, and yet there he was next to Bicep Kisser trying to look like he is something special.

Too funny...and Harbaugh's comments are classic.

OP
OP
N

NinerBuff

Reaction score
I will go on record saying I thought Lockette's work with Kaep would have paid dividends for his chances, especially with the lack of production from AJ and the injury to Crab. Now, I wasn't expecting a huge output, more in the mold of Josh Morgan 2 years ago.

Latest posts