49ers drop Lockette, Sign Wallace

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
-The Glove-":3o6ft42m said:
So Channel 83 is, once again, taken off the air?

If you gotta use colors and shapes to dumb down an NFL playbook, it is not a good sign.
That's some funny chit right there. :th2thumbs:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":1zs75n7a said:
2) Harbaugh does that with ALL players. The best thing to do when Harbaugh is talking about the skill of his players is simply not listen.

^ Just remember that if you ever feel the urge to post some article where Harbaugh's talking up any player on his team, or some other 49ers fan does here. ;)

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3dkpha7e said:
Marvin49":3dkpha7e said:
2) Harbaugh does that with ALL players. The best thing to do when Harbaugh is talking about the skill of his players is simply not listen.

^ Just remember that if you ever feel the urge to post some article where Harbaugh's talking up any player on his team, or some other 49ers fan does here. ;)

Already do.

Thats why I never used his words to defend AJ.

Personally I think other TEAMS (cough...Kansas City...cough) need to learn that as well. I don't think the 49ers were ever going to keep Alex Smith. They created the illusion that they might tho and KC baught it hook, line, and sinker.

mikeak

Reaction score
I think we should sign Lockette so we can get the 49ers playbook now :) oh crap he won't be able to explain any of it

13thMan

Reaction score
mikeak":3ira8ip6 said:
I think we should sign Lockette so we can get the 49ers playbook now :) oh crap he won't be able to explain any of it

LOL....

gabel

Reaction score
I would imagine Lockette goes back to the 9ers PS once the final cutdowns are done. He probably still has eligibility left. I think he has less than 9 games on the active roster?

I would be surprised usually players that go on the PS at least last to the final cuts. He got cut in the middle of the preseason which kind of sends the we have no interest message.

I cheer for the guy because I think he works hard, not sure he's the sharpest tool in the shed.

Jville

Reaction score
Careful folks. You don't want to pick on the Rocket and risk Harbaugh going off again. Or do you?

Feisty Harbaugh comes to A.J. Jenkins' defense ... again ... Link >>> [urltargetblank]http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/08/feisty-harbaugh-comes-to-aj-jenkins-defense-again.html[/urltargetblank]

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":3s3ucmbn said:
Personally I think other TEAMS (cough...Kansas City...cough) need to learn that as well. I don't think the 49ers were ever going to keep Alex Smith. They created the illusion that they might tho and KC baught it hook, line, and sinker.

I absolutely cannot argue with the logic behind doing it, but I am glad that Carroll does not.

Actually, what really surprised me is that Carroll spoke somewhat poorly of Moffitt just what, a week prior to trading him? He said he wanted to see more effort out of him in public then still gets value by flipping him elsewhere, lol. That really amused me.

Jville

Reaction score
I would not infer that Carroll spoke poorly of Moffitt from Pete's statements.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":39q2vrjq said:
I absolutely cannot argue with the logic behind doing it, but I am glad that Carroll does not.

Actually, what really surprised me is that Carroll spoke somewhat poorly of Moffitt just what, a week prior to trading him? He said he wanted to see more effort out of him in public then still gets value by flipping him elsewhere, lol. That really amused me.

Yeah...it tends to work for the team. They seem to get the better end of most trades and transactions because you never really know what they REALLY think.

At the same time tho, it can be frustrating as a fan because...well...you never know what they really think. LOL. :D

Walsh did this alot to. As his teams got so good, he used to spin the media on his team and say stuff to his team like "they just WANT you to fail". His teams would never get complacent because he could use the media as a tool to inspire his team to have someone to prove wrong.

Belichick does it too.

Now obviously Harbaugh is much more brash and seems to care far less than Walsh did about what people think of him...but they both use the media to their advantage. You should hear the writers in the Bay Area. Some just can't stand him because he's playing on a different level than they are. They will ask leading questions because they are looking to spn a particular story a certain way and instead of buying in he just rejects the entire premise of the question.

LOL.

McGruff

Reaction score
Carroll is a classic compliment-and-cut coach, so we can't be too hard on Harbagh for that.

More interesting to me is the fact that Seneca is once again battling Colt McCoy for a QB gig.

mikeak

Reaction score
This all explains it

If PC had said Matt Flynn was the second greatest qb on earth but RW was the best then we would have gotten three 1st round picks out of it.......

Crap

HereToRead

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":3qspmwpq said:
Yeah, this is sort of funny that after all the talk, Lockette gets cut (at least temporarily.) But, I actually don't like that Jon Baldwin is a 49er. CP was set to be the slightly average QB I think he really is. I don't like seeing an under-achieving WR added there. Hopefully Jon Baldwin is just as ineffective as Lockette was for the Niners.

Go Hawks.

taking this totally out of context, players mentioned aside......what does slightly average mean?
i really want to know is just above or just below average? or does it mean average?

13thMan

Reaction score
HereToRead":2949dn3j said:
TeamoftheCentury":2949dn3j said:
Yeah, this is sort of funny that after all the talk, Lockette gets cut (at least temporarily.) But, I actually don't like that Jon Baldwin is a 49er. CP was set to be the slightly average QB I think he really is. I don't like seeing an under-achieving WR added there. Hopefully Jon Baldwin is just as ineffective as Lockette was for the Niners.

Go Hawks.

taking this totally out of context, players mentioned aside......what does slightly average mean?
i really want to know is just above or just below average? or does it mean average?

It constitutes a range from slight below to slightly above.... average.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
For those of you laughing at the 49ers and at Lockette, I seem to remember many of you (myself included) thinking that he was going to be a big part of the Seahawks, so I wouldn't laugh to hard.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Jville":3pw6aj0h said:
I would not infer that Carroll spoke poorly of Moffitt from Pete's statements.

For an "always positive no matter what" guy like Carroll, that is speaking poorly, IMO.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
JSeahawks":10nwumqe said:
For those of you laughing at the 49ers and at Lockette, I seem to remember many of you (myself included) thinking that he was going to be a big part of the Seahawks, so I wouldn't laugh to hard.

That was before we knew this was his playbook:

9780545495400 p0 v1 s260x420