Do the Niners keep McCoy or Daniels?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
BJ Daniels looks pretty good at QB, Colt not so much.

mretrade

Reaction score
We have no backup QB. McCoy sucks. Makes Alex Smith look like Joe Montana. Scott Tolzien looks bad as well. If the 49ers lose Kaepernick, they are screwed.

Fanatics

Reaction score
mretrade":48fxfxzm said:
We have no backup QB. McCoy sucks. Makes Alex Smith look like Joe Montana. Scott Tolzien looks bad as well. If the 49ers lose Kaepernick, they are screwed.
Although that is nice to hear, all teams will be screwed realistically, well except for the Jets who are already screwed.

Fanatics

Reaction score
I don't know who I am hoping for but I do hope they keep both of them and cut the BJ kid, he looked like he has the complete package and if he could learn the offense maybe in a few years he might be someone to fear. Wouldn't it be nice of them to try to slip him to the PS and keep both the other noodle arms. :D

60niners

Reaction score
My guess is that McCoy gets the 2nd spot, and Daniels gets the 3rd spot.

Marvin49

Reaction score
I think Daniels makes the team in some fashion. They are playing him at QB, RB, WR and PR. Either McCoy or Tolzien gets the axe...my moneys on McCoy being the #2 and Daniels #3.

Here's the thing. McCoy is still learning the system. Tolzien sucks this bad after 2 full seasons and a third training camp within the system. Obviously, Daniels is no Wilson, but he is good for the Niners as a scout team QB.

kearly

Reaction score
BJ Daniels was a punch to the gut when I saw the 49ers get him. The last time they drafted a QB that gave me a punch to the gut, it was Kaepernick. I didn't think they were surefire pro-bowlers, but I really liked them coming out of college a ton. I have to hand it to Jim, he knows how to identify and develop talent at QB.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
They should have kept Smith since they didn't they better hope Krapperdink doesn't get injured given we aren't going to trade TJ to them. :)

rlkats

Reaction score
Yup ol Jim sure can find those QB's but the guy cant find a damn WR to save his life :evil:

Marvin49

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":suhz0vfv said:
They should have kept Smith since they didn't they better hope Krapperdink doesn't get injured given we aren't going to trade TJ to them. :)

They had to trade Smith.

Going into the offseason I never thought they'd be able to trade him because I thought they'd outright release him...and other teams knew it. It's not becuase he was a bad QB or anything...you just can't have a backup making that much money. It was also going to create a problem in the locker room if you effectively trapped Alex into staying when he clearly wanted to leave.

Since I thought we were looking at an outright release, it was like Christmas when they got that trade package from the Chiefs. So far Alex has turned into Tank Carradine (who is still recovering from torn ACL from college so hasn't practiced), a 2 or a 3 next year (depending on KC record) and another 3 next year (aquired when Niners moved down from 33 to 40 this past year).

I really like what I saw from Daniels, but it was a very small sample against players who may not even make the CHIEFS roster...so I take it with a grain of salt. He did look promising tho.

BTW, you can keep TJ. :D Was never a fan.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rlkats":369r4g9d said:
Yup ol Jim sure can find those QB's but the guy cant find a damn WR to save his life :evil:

Well...as it stands right now he looks to be 0 for 2 (Ronald Johnson, AJ Jenkins), but I'll reserve judgement until I can see Quinton Patton play.

rideaducati

Reaction score
mretrade":ji02t7nv said:

I think the niners are screwed WITH Kaepernick.

Manbearpig99

Reaction score
rideaducati":2px5fbby said:
mretrade":2px5fbby said:

I really do understand the hatred for Colin on this site, but he took his team(my team) to the SB last year. They are far from screwed.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Manbearpig99":7awrgici said:
I really do understand the hatred for Colin on this site, but he took his team(my team) to the SB last year. They are far from screwed.
No, your TEAM did. Kaepernick got them ONE PLAY FARTHER than Alex Smith did the year before. Get real, dude. Stop acting like Kaepernick carried you to the Super Bowl. Alex Smith's 2011 performance proved that if anyone got carried to the playoffs, Kaepernick did.

Manbearpig99

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1nvizn3g said:
Manbearpig99":1nvizn3g said:
No, your TEAM did. Kaepernick got them ONE PLAY FARTHER than Alex Smith did the year before. Get real, dude. Stop acting like Kaepernick carried you to the Super Bowl. Alex Smith's 2011 performance proved that if anyone got carried to the playoffs, Kaepernick did.

Like I said, I understand why you guys hate him. That ONE PLAY FARTHER was pretty significant. I will agree that we(the niners) would have a very good chance at winning the SB this year with Smith however, I think our odds doubled the day Colin took over. If you don't want to give him any credit, that is fine.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rideaducati":329fxyuz said:
mretrade":329fxyuz said:

Well of course you do dear.