Super Bowl 50 National Anthem: Lady Gaga

kidhawk

Reaction score
[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/story/0ap3000000631477/article/lady-gaga-will-sing-national-anthem-at-super-bowl-50[/urltargetblank]

Interesting choice

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
She can really sing. It will be a great performance.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
no worse than Coldplay headlining the halftime show. just another 5 minutes I do not have to watch and another 25 or 30 at halftime.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1ex4a3vu said:
no worse than Coldplay headlining the halftime show. just another 5 minutes I do not have to watch and another 25 or 30 at halftime.

You're just yellow... and blue

mrt144

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":2k8q6r8m said:
She can really sing. It will be a great performance.
will be interesting how she incorporates it with her flair for the absurd.

chris98251

Reaction score
I don't think she will taint the anthem with a show boat or something controversial other then maybe her outfit in some way. God forbid a wardrobe malfunction before the game even starts.

253hawk

Reaction score
Despite her shock and awe performer persona, she's a very talented musician who can tone things down to a classy tasteful-for-the-masses level. I think she'll do it right. Maybe even level with Whitney Houston in SB XVCILLIVIXXX whatever it was. Lose the roman numerals already, NFL.

OP
OP
kidhawk

kidhawk

Reaction score
Yeah, as a performer, she really can hit both ends of the spectrum, from way out in space, to extremely classical. I saw her do a tribute on the oscars (maybe last year) for the anniversary of the sound of music and she can really belt a tune and be very "normal" looking as well.

I have no worries about her being too over the top. I do think I'd probably take the over for the national anthem prop bet if it's anywhere around the standard 2 minutes though.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
This was an incredible rendition except for the few change of words to suit the event's focus. I am sure she will not change it for the SB. The singing starts at 1:05 of the video.
[youtube]Kdd6JzJgJGY[/youtube]

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
She did exactly what I thought she would. KNOCKED it out of the park. Great performance.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
253hawk":szms31gh said:
Despite her shock and awe performer persona, she's a very talented musician who can tone things down to a classy tasteful-for-the-masses level. I think she'll do it right. Maybe even level with Whitney Houston in SB XVCILLIVIXXX whatever it was. Lose the roman numerals already, NFL.

Umm, they already did.

mrt144

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":3exfta44 said:
She did exactly what I thought she would. KNOCKED it out of the park. Great performance.

Loved the spots where she really made it her own at the end.

Daytomann

Reaction score
Cyrus12":f8f08324 said:

At least Coldplay was upbeat for a change. They were great, Bruno was great but Beyoncé caused me to flip the channel for awhile.

pmedic920

Reaction score
The only complaint I have is, she could have upped the tempo a little bit. I think she strung it out a bit too much.
Vocally she was great and I'm not a fan.

I've heard MANY that were way inferior.

253hawk

Reaction score
She must have been in on that 2:20 prop bet. Probably made some bank.

But I thought it was great, as far as anthems go. Maybe just a touch on the slow side.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Seanhawk":1ttjcpn8 said:
253hawk":1ttjcpn8 said:

Umm, they already did.

Only for Superb Owl 50. Next year it will go back to roman numerals Superb Owl LI

-bsd