Tom Brady hit more on Sunday than any quarterback since 2006

ivotuk

Reaction score
That Denver pass rush of Ware and Miller is elite. Malik Jackson played lights out too. But kudos to Brady for not throwing his line under the bus. Of course, if he weren't paid so much money, they might be able to afford some linemen?

Or is Bellicheck like Carroll/Cable in their philosophy of putting the urgency for good linemen low on the list.

"Brady: 'No excuses for me for not getting the job done'

Definitely waking up sore today: Tom Brady.

The Patriots passer was officially hit 19 times in New England's 20-18 AFC title game loss to Denver, the most punishment absorbed by a signal-caller since Cleveland's Charlie Frye was hit 20 times by the Ravens back in 2006. Still, Brady refused to point fingers."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... e-job-done

Ramfan128

Reaction score
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-england- ... tom-brady/

Brady is paid WELL below his market value.

He's paid less than Russell Wilson, so if you're going to make the comment that Brady's OL would be better if he was paid less, but Wilson makes more than Brady....and Seattle's OL is equally bad...

Also, the Patriots OL was decimated by injury. At full strength, they're still one of the better offensive lines IMO.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Overseasfan":1kidlv1i said:
Respect to Brady for this. Keep criticism between yourselves and don't blame others in front of the media.

Dude glares and yells at his teammates during games in front of everyone more than any QB in the league, screw that guy. Sherman called him out three years ago, and now the entire league is catching on. Brady's may be one of the greatest of all time, but he's a punk.

NINEster

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3h27dhee said:
Overseasfan":3h27dhee said:
Respect to Brady for this. Keep criticism between yourselves and don't blame others in front of the media.

Dude glares and yells at his teammates during games in front of everyone more than any QB in the league, F that guy. Sherman called him out three years ago, and now the entire league is catching on. Brady's may be one of the greatest of all time, but he's a punk.

Montana always took responsibility for other people's bad plays, esp. OL.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
What did the Denver defense do, that we couldn't do in last year SB?
We couldn't get to Brady and he destroyed our Defense. They had long drives after long drives.

Are you telling me that Avril/Bennett are not as good as Ware/Van Miller?
Is Wade Phillips better than Dan Quinn was?

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
joeseahawks":hmhnojxp said:
We couldn't get to Brady and he destroyed our Defense. They had long drives after long drives.

Wasnt Avril injured and went out in the 4th quarter along with us playing with half of our secondary playing injured. Lane went out of the game after intercepting Brady and we know Sherman, Thomas and Cam were ALL injured. Its a Shame we had so many injuries at the very end of the season. If Healthy I think that game turns into another blowout and we have 2 superbowl trophys against the top 2 QBs of this generation

djb28

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":3vzqoptk said:
joeseahawks":3vzqoptk said:

Wasnt Avril injured and went out in the 4th quarter along with us playing with half of our secondary playing injured. Lane went out of the game after intercepting Brady and we know Sherman, Thomas and Cam were ALL injured. Its a Shame we had so many injuries at the very end of the season. If Healthy I think that game turns into another blowout and we have 2 superbowl trophys against the top 2 QBs of this generation
I believe this..

Luckily Brady is playing until he is 40. We still have time to get back at him.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
djb28":sydkwxe2 said:
WilsonMVP":sydkwxe2 said:
joeseahawks":sydkwxe2 said:

I believe this..

He won't ever make it back to the Super Bowl. They got extremely lucky last year thanks to our brainfart, and injuries before and during XLIX. I wish someone would make a montage of all of the hits he took yesterday, it would be epic! 8)

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3ozxgn0p said:
djb28":3ozxgn0p said:
WilsonMVP":3ozxgn0p said:
joeseahawks":3ozxgn0p said:

I believe this..

He won't ever make it back to the Super Bowl. They got extremely lucky last year thanks to our brainfart, and injuries before and during XLIX. I wish someone would make a montage of all of the hits he took yesterday, it would be epic! 8)

Now I really regret reading your post and subsequently searching for and finding this. I HATE this guy worse than Brady now. I have lost 3 IQ points for watching it. We are all diminished. :34853_doh:

[youtube]VnVwhXNs-Lw[/youtube]

:34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh:

Alexander

Reaction score
joeseahawks":3ld8zvlz said:

As has already been pointed out, Avril left the game with a concussion. Brady's splits with Avril in vs out of the game were ridiculous. Injuries decimated the defense last year, but none was more impactful than that one. Lane going out also hurt a lot, with Edelman having a field day against Thurmond (who had a bum shoulder himself).

Additionally, the Hawks couldn't generate ANY pressure up the middle in the Super Bowl, whereas the Broncos did very well on that count (Derek Wolfe had a nice game inside for them). Here, too, injuries were problematic, with Mebane and Hill both on IR.

nepahawk

Reaction score
Ramfan128":12cskhs0 said:
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/tom-brady/

He's paid less than Russell Wilson, so if you're going to make the comment that Brady's OL would be better if he was paid less, but Wilson makes more than Brady....and Seattle's OL is equally bad...

Also, the Patriots OL was decimated by injury. At full strength, they're still one of the better offensive lines IMO.

Brady is paid below his market value, however....
Brady's company is employed by the Pats so, he is getting money from them, skirting the salary cap.
Typical New England move, always bending rules!!!

253hawk

Reaction score
Ramfan128":mwynhyqc said:

It kind of helps when your wife makes $45 mil a year; you can afford to take a pay cut and give the team a hometown discount so that they can spend it around you.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
253hawk":29tunlt2 said:
Ramfan128":29tunlt2 said:

It kind of helps when your wife makes $45 mil a year; you can afford to take a pay cut and give the team a hometown discount so that they can spend it around you.

Agreed. Step up your game Ciara!

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
nepahawk":1l3vfxpl said:
Ramfan128":1l3vfxpl said:

Brady's company is employed by the Pats so, he is getting money from them, skirting the salary cap.

Wait what...how is this not against NFL rules?

mrt144

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":21b9g0sh said:
nepahawk":21b9g0sh said:
Ramfan128":21b9g0sh said:

Because it wasn't really fathomed.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
NINEster":2awyxx2s said:
Sgt. Largent":2awyxx2s said:
Overseasfan":2awyxx2s said:

Dude glares and yells at his teammates during games in front of everyone more than any QB in the league, F that guy. Sherman called him out three years ago, and now the entire league is catching on. Brady's may be one of the greatest of all time, but he's a punk.

Montana always took responsibility for other people's bad plays, esp. OL.

Well of course he did. Montana was a scrub who no one would listen to. Just look how much they paid him. Didn't he make like 10 dollars an hour or something?

nepahawk

Reaction score
mrt144":wnmyimjw said:
WilsonMVP":wnmyimjw said:
nepahawk":wnmyimjw said:
Ramfan128":wnmyimjw said:

I believe his company does the massages and rehab, along with nutrition.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
nepahawk":38z76zc0 said:
mrt144":38z76zc0 said:
WilsonMVP":38z76zc0 said:
Ramfan128":38z76zc0 said:

I believe his company does the massages and rehab, along with nutrition.
So his company dispenses HGH and steroids to his team? :stirthepot: 8)