PSA: Cardinal fans

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
Dear Arizona Cardinal fan,

You have a very good team. I'm sure everyone can agree that you've had a good team since Arians has arrived. No one is taking that away from you.

However, you haven't won't squat yet. Sorry to be so frank with it, but until you hoist that trophy it won't matter one bit how many NFC West title you have. We Hawks fans have struggled our entire existence The respect we get from the media is warranted due to our "recent" success. Our conference crown has made home in our yard these past few years. It is also cause of that, we don't fear anyone. We have shattered historic records on every level during this run. That is why we won't simply bow down to the cardinals and admit that you're better, because in our hearts we know who the champion is.

Enjoy your better record and division crown, but also pray you get to lift that trophy because it only requires one play for it to go all down the drain ;)

FireHawk79

Reaction score
I agree with what you are saying whole heartedly!!! But also remember a time when we were in their shoes and were counted out every game! It drove this fan base crazy and we felt disrespected and it seems to add more fire and vigor to our fanbase. ( now that's just my opinion) but I feel like they are feeling the same thing we felt not too many years ago. With that said, being a life long Hawks fan and now living in AZ, I cannot stand them as a fanbase. But I do understand where they are coming from... Well the true cards fans at least not the snowbird fans whose teams aren't playing well this year so by location they decide to go with the winner in the state they reside. In the end I respect what they are doing but hope we get a chance to end their run this year and complete a historic turn around season!!!! Go Hawks

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Can't we talk about the Rams? At least through Sunday?

Rex

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2wn0l7le said:

Exactly! The Rams that have beaten both AZ and the Seahawks this season! :0190l: :0190l: :0190l:

Largent80

Reaction score
Rex":h75recad said:
Uncle Si":h75recad said:

Exactly! The Rams that have beaten both AZ and the Seahawks this season! :0190l: :0190l: :0190l:

But forgot to beat everyone else?

AZ_fan

Reaction score
FireHawk79":22aluoz0 said:
I agree with what you are saying whole heartedly!!! But also remember a time when we were in their shoes and were counted out every game! It drove this fan base crazy and we felt disrespected and it seems to add more fire and vigor to our fanbase. ( now that's just my opinion) but I feel like they are feeling the same thing we felt not too many years ago.

This is pretty much it. ^ Good post.

As for feeling disrespected... sure but I kinda laugh at all the hate actually.

You know... "How many playoff games has Palmer won?" (As if his 2005 and 2009 losses with Cincinnati mean anything... that team has done jack since 1988)

My other favorite comes from the Seattle faithful "We stomped you twice last year! We ain't worried!" (In reality you stomped our 3rd string QB... Palmer went out with a knee injury at 9-1 that ended any hope of a playoff run... and the playoff loss to Carolina was with the same 3rd stringer... Just telling it like it is. It'd be like RW being out for the season... everyone knows Seattle would be done... just like every other NFL team losing their QB.)

For those keeping score as a Cardinal Palmer is 2-1 against Seattle. Our 3rd string QB is 0-2 against Seattle and 0-1 in the playoffs. The 1-1 split in 2012 was when Palmer played for the Raiders. Sorry, I'm a realist and like to point out all the facts in response to the haters.

Anyway, losing HB really sucks for the D but it's not nearly as brutal as losing your QB... as long as Palmer is healthy I love our chances.

Good luck in the playoffs.

Uncle Si":22aluoz0 said:

Should be a good game... Rams also play Seattle tough. They'll have Gurley this time and I'm kinda looking forward to that... IMHO the kid is the next AP. He easily could have been top 3 in the draft if not for the knee injury.

Polaris

Reaction score
Seattle held AP to 18 yards. As for Palmer, sure but in that first game he won, he also threw five picks.

Rex

Reaction score
Largent80":25idj7aa said:
Rex":25idj7aa said:
Uncle Si":25idj7aa said:

Not true! Thats what that big 6 means....soon to be a big 7!

AZ_fan

Reaction score
Polaris":ycs82ftc said:
Seattle held AP to 18 yards. As for Palmer, sure but in that first game he won, he also threw five picks.

Yep.. they did... and yep.. he did.

Will tip my cap if they shut down Gurley... he's been up and down all season... 75 yards one week... 175 the next. Rookie of the year.

As for Palmer... what's ironic is vs Seahawks he's 0-1 in Arizona... 2-0 in Seattle... no doubt the only QB that can say that in the RW era... LOL

Largent80

Reaction score
Rex":1xbi4e2y said:
Largent80":1xbi4e2y said:
Rex":1xbi4e2y said:
Uncle Si":1xbi4e2y said:

Not true! Thats what that big 6 means....soon to be a big LOSS!

FIFY

rideaducati

Reaction score
FireHawk79":11u9ie06 said:
I agree with what you are saying whole heartedly!!! But also remember a time when we were in their shoes and were counted out every game! It drove this fan base crazy and we felt disrespected and it seems to add more fire and vigor to our fanbase. ( now that's just my opinion) but I feel like they are feeling the same thing we felt not too many years ago. With that said, being a life long Hawks fan and now living in AZ, I cannot stand them as a fanbase. But I do understand where they are coming from... Well the true cards fans at least not the snowbird fans whose teams aren't playing well this year so by location they decide to go with the winner in the state they reside. In the end I respect what they are doing but hope we get a chance to end their run this year and complete a historic turn around season!!!! Go Hawks

It's nice to finally be able to "pay it forward"...Such a nice thing to do and it feels so good.

hawk45

Reaction score
Seahawk fans were being asked to bow down? Seems a little melodramatic.

Card fans have good reason to chirp this year just like Seahawk fans started chirping in 2012 when it was clear the team was on the rise.

And the Seahawks have a bit to prove. Foremost that the secondary can face a good QB and not get lit up like a pinball machine.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
It's not a issue that they are happy with two consecutive really strong regular seasons. We would have been really happy with it a couple years ago when we still were relative nobodies. Though you can't really expect us to start seeing the Cards as having surpassed us as the class of the NFC. That requires a really strong play-off run.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
AZ_fan":3o676k6j said:
Polaris":3o676k6j said:

Yep.. they did... and yep.. he did.

Will tip my cap if they shut down Gurley... he's been up and down all season... 75 yards one week... 175 the next. Rookie of the year.

As for Palmer... what's ironic is vs Seahawks he's 0-1 in Arizona... 2-0 in Seattle... no doubt the only QB that can say that in the RW era... LOL
This is actual football talk, not tribal chest pounding, so pay close attention, it will be very foreign to you from what I can smell in your posts...
You have a speed merchant offense. Seattle's turf surface is fast. Which to my thinking is why AZ actually fares better in Seattle than in Glendale, whose natural surface equalizes a couple of speed mismatches in our secondary just a bit.
Over the last couple of years, Seattle has become a much better natural surface team than through most of their history.

Crowd noise is still a bitch on the road, but the Glendale surface actually plays in our favor just a bit.