Wilson starting to piss off Bronco fans

seabowl

Reaction score
Thought folks would want to see what is being said on Broncos boards about Wilson and Hackett. Bronco fans starting to realize they got a different Russ then what they thought. Hope Russ gives us a high 1st rounder!!!

The messages are:

1-I've been watching football for a long time and I don't think I've ever seen the crowd count down the play clock cus the coach and qb couldn't get it together. I hope they were embarrassed. Hackett was deep in the weeds and we need to tighten it up quick. Your RB is averaging 6ypc and you're calling pass pass pass pass? We went from coaches who ran too much to one who won't at all.

That said the guys are fighting for him. The dline looks good. Sterns and Williams looked good too.
The problem is they traded for a quarterback that thinks too much of himself and seems to care more about his own legacy than anything else.

2- That being said, they did run the ball a decent amount of times and only let Wilson throw 31 times.

GemCity

Reaction score
Yet they won. Also, we didn’t “win” the game last week, Denver lost it.

But…I still like what we did trade wise. It’s going to take patience but I have no doubt PC and JS have a long-term plan to get us back in the right track.

As for Russ, 340 yards in game one. Lots of dropped passes in Week 2. Unfortunately, I think he’s going to pull it together soon.

I’d much rather them go 1-16 though.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Yet they won. Also, we didn’t “win” the game last week, Denver lost it.

But…I still like what we did trade wise. It’s going to take patience but I have no doubt PC and JS have a long-term plan to get us back in the right track.

As for Russ, 340 yards in game one. Lots of dropped passes in Week 2. Unfortunately, I think he’s going to pull it together soon.

I’d much rather them go 1-16 though.
watching them struggle mightily against the lowly texans, wouldn't be surprised to see broncos finish with 10 or 11 losses.

FloridaSeahawk18

Reaction score
Somehow the Broncos forgot to line up a punt returner and had to waste a timeout because of it. Not sure Hackett will make it to the end of the season with how lost they looked.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I've never heard the home crowd count down the playclock like I did tonight with the Broncos. It brought a smile to my face knowing the fans in Denver have a lot less patience than Seahawks fans.

GemCity

Reaction score
I disagree. The mistakes that the Broncos made last week, especially at the goal line, were largely due to pressure both by the defense and by the 12s. The Seahawks, with major support from their fanbase, won the game.
Can’t argue with that. Our D line fired off and our crowd was amped.

I’m just basing my statement off of a typical game (that many turnovers in the Red Zone equates to a loss).

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Unbelievably the Broncos lined up for a 54 yard fg and then got a delay of game which brought them to a possible 59 yard fg. What do they do then??? Punt. So last week he could hit a 64 yard fg, but today IN DENVER he can’t attempt a 59 yarder. Wilson wanted a different coach and got one.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Kind of seems like we have our own issues to deal with right now.

I guess the draft pick would help but they won, that doesn't help us.

We would be better with Wilson vs whatever we are now. And I suspect Wilson has a better future with the Broncos than this team has in the same time period.

But of all things to worry about, whether Wilson is having a good game or not...low on my list.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Kind of seems like we have our own issues to deal with right now.

I guess the draft pick would help but they won, that doesn't help us.

We would be better with Wilson vs whatever we are now. And I suspect Wilson has a better future with the Broncos than this team has in the same time period.

But of all things to worry about, whether Wilson is having a good game or not...low on my list.
All about the draft picks my friend. We are gonna be bad this year so I’ll find enjoyment out of the Broncos having issues

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Russell Wilson looks off. Even stuff he normally does well, he's not executing.
There are a lot of variables. New coaches on the new team he joined. Didn't play in the preseason. I can't imagine playing for Carroll and then playing for Hackett, who seems to just be struggling out of the gate.

Maybe Wilson just sucks now and the Seahawks made a really good call. I hope so because not having a starting QB is with rare exception just going to kill your team no matter how good the rest of it is.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I suspect Wilson will not be good this year. But next year he will be a playoff threat.

He dragged this team on his back to the playoffs for 6-7 years. He probably isn't a great guy to hang out with but just being self-absorbed does not magically make you a terrible QB.

But his whole thing is based on knowing where his people will be on the field, and in timing his throws to get that accuracy. That won't happen overnight. Likely not even most of this season.