Seattle favored by 9 over Baltimore
St Louis favored by 1 over Detroit
Cleveland favored by 1 over San Fransisco

Elo Says:
Arizona wins 76% of the time over Minnesota
Seattle wins 66% of the time Baltimore
St Louis win 51% of the time over Detroit
San Fransisco wins 59% of the time over Cleveland

Arizona will be hosting the Vikings on a short week this Thursday. At first I really thought this would be a much tougher matchup. The more I look at it they seem like a carbon copy of the Rams statically. Just with the wins. But an average team overall.
If you look at Minnesota's body of work this year they seemed to have been the definition of a paper tiger.
Offense (30th)
Defense (15th)
Net scoring points: 6
Most times that team isn't 8-4
DVOA Prior to Seattle Game #13 after likely around 15.

They are 0-3 in primetime and have lost almost every game against a team with a winning record. They look almost identical to the Rams when looking at stats etc. Cardinals win by 10 points.

Seattle will travel to Baltimore and could be playing Jimmy Clausen for the 2nd time this year. I doubt he wants anything to do with playing Seattle right now. It's plausible that Seattle might be playing the best football in the NFL right now and that their defense is back to the Super Bowl level it was at in years past. When the DVOA rankings get released tonight they will be in first place again for the 4th straight year. Seattle has had a top 5 offense during that span as well which always seems t get over looked however Bevell seems to be getting the respect he deserves from the fan base finally. I just don't see anyways Baltimore wins this game without a lot of bounces going their way. Seattle wins by 17.

I feel like the Lions have clearly been playing much better ball as of late than the Rams but neither team is one has been all that impressive. For now I am going to pick the Lions because they seem like the better team. The Rams have zero home field advantage (attendance last week was around 25,000) they are going through the issue of possible relocation. They still have no offense and could be down some key guys on defense this week. So I am going to side with the Lions on this one for now.

The 49ers will travel to play the Browns. I think Gabbert has played very well since taking over the starting job and has a much higher upside than Kap. But at this point it's still two bad teams. Manziel has been announced the starter for this game and I am sure a little vodka in his gatorade bottles might just be what he needs to loosen up throughout the game to try and lead his team to victory. In the end I think the Browns are going to Brown and lose like a Brown so 49ers by 3.

drdiags 34-10
RINGLESS 34-14
RedAlice 33-15
Hawksfansinceday1 32-16
KEARLY 28-16
POPEYEJONES 27-12
Hasselbeck 27-17
Superman28 26-15
greenblue_eye's2 24-12
Shadowhawk 23-15
REX 22-22
b8rtm8nn 21-12
Mizzou 19-9 XXXXXXX
Fade 14-13 XXXXXXX
ClutchDJ 10-9 XXXXXXX
UNCLE SI 8-4 xxx
Largent80 8-5 xxx
Erebus XXXXXX
SF49er XXXXXX
Marvin49 XXXXXX
SALISHHAWKFAN XXXXXX

byau

Reaction score
ringless":1wn58tna said:
As things stand:

Cardinals 10-2
Seahawks 7-5
Rams 4-8
49ers 4-8

The lines:
Arizona Favored by 7.5 over Minnesota
Seattle favored by 9 over Baltimore
St Louis favored by 1 over Detroit
Cleveland favored by 1 over San Fransisco

Elo Says:
Arizona wins 76% of the time over Minnesota
Seattle wins 66% of the time Baltimore
St Louis win 51% of the time over Detroit
San Fransisco wins 59% of the time over Cleveland

My current record: 3-0

(Finishing strong!)

This week's predictions

Cardinals beat Minnesota: 27-3
Seahawks beat Ravens: 30-10
Lions beat Rams: 30-14
49ers beat Browns: 27-14 if Manziel starts, 27-3 if Rivers starts.

(Sorry Rams fans on this board ..)

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
Cardinals win, Vikings players begin existential angst, Vikings fans shrug shoulders and go out for more beer
Seahawks destroy what is left of the practice squad players comprising the Ravens roster (feel bad for the Ravens)
Lions barely manage a win over (NEW & IMPROVED!) Rams
Browns upset the 49ers in a game with lots of action and about a 19-17 score

drdiags

Reaction score
Vikings @ Cardinals - Vikings will have problems running on the Cardinals and they just aren't capable of airing it out. I am sure they will play hard to try and remove the stain of their performance last week but I don't see that happening.

Cardinals 11-2

Seattle @ Ravens - Seahawks have done what they needed to get into position where they may be able to get back into the playoffs. I expect a game Ravens team but I see the Seahawks winning this game. They are still in a pressure cooker and cannot afford any slip-ups.

Seahawks 8-5

Lions @ Rams - I just don't know where the Rams get offense. Maybe firing the OC will give them a spark? Lions had a nice rebound going from earlier losses but they blew the Packers game. This game is bananas for me to get a good feel on. I pick Rams. Maybe they will reward me for picking them for once? Come on Man!!!

Rams 5-8

49ers @ Browns - Johnny Football gets another chance to showcase his talents. Just not going to be a coming out party. 9ers have put together respectable outings the past two weeks and at least know that Gabbert is a capable back-up/decent starter. 9ers win this game.

49ers 5-8

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Couple tricky games in here..

Cards over Vikes
Seahawks over Ratbirds
Lions over Rams
Browns over Niners

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
Vikings over cardinals
Hawks over Ravens
Rams over lions
Niners over Browns

Overseasfan

Reaction score
AZ has the momentum in their favor against the Vikes. I just have a feeling the Vikes won't be mentally up to the challenge after getting demolished by us a week ago.

Hawks should be able to easily overwhelm the Ravens. While we play like one of the best teams in the legue, the Ravens are among the worst. This game will probably be a one sided victory for Seattle.

The Lions look a bit better than the Rams, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

I see the 49ers losing for the same reason I predicted them beating the Bears. They are inconsistent as hell.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Seattle over Baltimore because LOL Baltimore.

Arizona over Minn because talent

St. Louis over Lions because HFA and when two below average teams play each other the safe bet is the one with the better run game and defense.

49ers over Browns because the Browns are the only team in the NFL which may be worse than the 49ers. (this is my first time this year picking the 9ers to win).

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Seattle @ Baltimore - Hawks roll the Ravens

San Francisco @ Cleveland - 9ers beat the Brownies cuz Gabbert's actually an NFL caliber QB and Manziel ain't

Minnesota @ Arizona - Cards win fairly easily

Detroit @ St. Louis - I'll take the Lions over the Rams cuz I'm a couple games behind DrDiags in the standings and I need to make up a game (hi Doc :D ) plus the Rams are so bad at QB that Stafford makes up for the Rams advantage on D and being at home

rideaducati

Reaction score
The Vikings are paper tigers? I guess ringless DOES know what those look like...He just can't admit that his team has been one for the past two years.

GO HAWKS!
GO VIKINGS!

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
rideaducati":33b8ap22 said:
The Vikings are paper tigers? I guess ringless DOES know what those look like...He just can't admit that his team has been one for the past two years.

GO HAWKS!
GO VIKINGS!

It's actually three years of being a paper tiger remember. 10 wins, 11 wins, and now 10+. For a total of 31-13 or a .704 Winning percentage in 3 years lol

Maulbert

Reaction score
ringless":1uiik2jp said:
rideaducati":1uiik2jp said:

GO HAWKS!
GO VIKINGS!

It's actually three years of being a paper tiger remember. 10 wins, 11 wins, and now 10+. For a total of 31-13 or a .704 Winning percentage in 3 years lol

And what kind of hardware has that gotten you, exactly?

ClutchDJ

Reaction score
Maulbert":2g99qocg said:
ringless":2g99qocg said:
rideaducati":2g99qocg said:

GO HAWKS!
GO VIKINGS!

And what kind of hardware has that gotten you, exactly?

Lol, give it time.

It took Carroll 4 years to get that hardware Arians is striving for as an HC.

Hawks46

Reaction score
No way Minn can beat AZ on a short weak after the beat down they just got. They might come back pissed and make it a game, but honestly, they lost a couple more players due to the Seattle game and are down 3 major defensive players. I don't see them being able to keep up with AZ. AZ wins by 14.

Seattle is going to beat the Ravens handily. I hate predicting blow outs, but this feels like one. Vegas seems to feel the same way, as the spread is 9 points for the Hawks, on the road, in a 10 am game. It's funny: I'm not sure I like the 9 point spread from a betting perspective, yet I'd predict a 10 point win for the Seahawks.

I have Detroit beating the Rams. The Rams are just too inconsistent, and all they have is a run game. The Lions have a decent front 7 and can stop the run, especially if they don't have to worry about the pass. I see this being ugly, like a 12-9 score in favor of the Lions.

I'm going with SF against the Browns. Manziel has been on the bench and inactive. Who knows how many practice reps he's gotten ? I'd bet it wasn't a lot as Pettine was trying to make a statement. That said, he's still a young QB playing against an improving SF squad. I pick SF, and hope they manage to screw up their draft position even more.

drdiags

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":tp4u14ej said:
Detroit @ St. Louis - I'll take the Lions over the Rams cuz I'm a couple games behind DrDiags in the standings and I need to make up a game (hi Doc :D ) plus the Rams are so bad at QB that Stafford makes up for the Rams advantage on D and being at home

Yeah, my Rams pick is like a suicide pick. But I figured time is running out and may as well mix it up. Plus you know, I am trying my triple psyche-out move and I think it worked on me :229031_banghead:

RedAlice

Reaction score
With all that is going on right now, I'm not even sure Rams fans care who they are playing this week. Crazy, crazy days.....with that said, somewhere in all the chaos Grubman and Bernie caused today it was announced that Quinn and McDonald will have season ending surgeries. I wish them both great recoveries for next season.

Pretty much, this season is over. Boras is just another Fisher friend, same as Cig was. Fisher is on record saying that now the Rams can run more, in other words - more of what is failing. He's also giving Gurley less touches. This Rams Offense is on fumes and the worst I can remember since the Spags 1-15 year.

So, it would not be a shock to see them handily beat the Lions for no reason that exists. Still, going with what should happen and that is a Rams loss.

Rams lose.

Az over Vikes. AP is going to be pissed at how much the Hawks humiliated him last week, so AZ - keep it going and do it again. Picking what I want to happen here.

Hawks win. If Hawks can't beat this Ravens team, then your season is meaningless as well. Doesn't seem like it is, so I pick Hawks this week.

SF loses to Browns at their home. Heeeeere's Jooooooohhhnnnnny!

RedAlice

Reaction score
Largent80":2dstfx7c said:
Ringless sucks because he doesn't update records. It's his thread. C'mON DUDE

What are you complaining about? Ringless very clearly states the game's status in each of his initial weekly posts.

How is that not updating his records? Is he missing something?

At least he is still tracking the game he started.

Latest posts