RG3

Cyrus12

Reaction score
when does he get into the same category as Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russel and others who are known as BUST players?

ringless

Reaction score
Cyrus12":2xqiww0o said:
when does he get into the same category as Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russel and others who are known as BUST players?

Nobody will ever compare to the Ryan Leaf bust. RGIII at least got to the playoffs

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I thought he was severely overrated out of college BUT, I think that team and that owner messed him up big time.
I think he would have had a decent career for most teams outside of Washington or Cleveland.

BlackandGolden

Reaction score
RG3 had at least one good season and a playoff season. You really have to blow the doors off with epic fail to even touch Ryan Leaf-level of bust. Leaf having statisically the worst game by a QB (1/15 for 4 yards, 0TD, 2INTs, 0.0 QBR, played entire game) is the all time worst and still has never been topped.

BlackandGolden

Reaction score
SuperMan28":2az1l37f said:
Such a great first year. It baffles me as to what happened.

That putrid Spags defense in our first game against him made him look better than what he was.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
He was slightly better than Wilson his rookie year. But he didn't know how to slide and he took hard hits. He was going to have to learn how not to do that. Other than that, he was a great QB who got drafted by the worst possible team in the NFL.

dino26

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3w2td80r said:
Still pisses me off that he won RotY over Wilson. What a joke.

I know mate it was nonsense.

El Caliente

Reaction score
I still think that in the right situation he could have a nice career. Its not a matter of skill or desire with this guy, its a matter of a bad organization ruining him. If he were to go to a Pats, Seahawks, Packers, Saints type team (if any wanted a qb of his skills) he would probably have one heck of a turnaround. But if he leaves DC and goes to like Jax, TB, CLE, etc. he is screwed.

I can feel Sea. fans pain when thinking about RG3 getting the ROY over Wilson, I still think back to 06 when Vince Young won the ROY over both Colston, Bush, and MJD. Those awards are such a joke.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
The Redskins should just trade or cut RG3 if they don't plan on starting him. As long as he is on their roster, they are going to get attention for all the wrong reasons. He is just going to be an off-field distraction. And the Skins owe it to RG3 to give him a fresh start.

chris98251

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":llhdt6bf said:
The Redskins should just trade or cut RG3 if they don't plan on starting him. As long as he is on their roster, they are going to get attention for all the wrong reasons. He is just going to be an off-field distraction. And the Skins owe it to RG3 to give him a fresh start.

Why do that and break the circle of dysfunction that is the Redskins. I do think they may try to trade one of the three there, RGIII won't sit and be quiet, he hasn't yet and I am sure they would rather have McCoy backing up Cousins, it comes down to Snyder and his ego. I think he made the executive decision to get RGIII and he is hard to push back on one of his mistakes.

Laloosh

Reaction score
They gave up so much to get him. And we thought the Harvin trade sucked...

mrt144

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3ij81cs6 said:

I don't think any of those QBs had the same level of malfeasance present in DC

Marvin49

Reaction score
He'll never enter that category of Bust. Those guys were sick in the head.

RGIII has already accomplished more than those guys ever did. Rick Mirer might be a better comparison. 2nd pick. Looked good early. Never put it together.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Marvin49":185z92ht said:

RGIII has already accomplished more than those guys ever did.

I disagree, he's a bust............IF he doesn't get his career back on track to at least become an NFL starter long term.

Right now other than Luck there hasn't been a guy coming out of college with as much hype as RG3, and now drama. If he never at least becomes a starter again, he is most definitely a bust.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1t3wck2u said:
Marvin49":1t3wck2u said:

I disagree, he's a bust............IF he doesn't get his career back on track to at least become an NFL starter long term.

Right now other than Luck there hasn't been a guy coming out of college with as much hype as RG3, and now drama. If he never at least becomes a starter again, he is most definitely a bust.

oh...not saying he's not a bust, just sayin' it isn't on the level of a Leaf/Russell bust.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Marvin49":1bbftl5o said:
Sgt. Largent":1bbftl5o said:
Marvin49":1bbftl5o said:

oh...not saying he's not a bust, just sayin' it isn't on the level of a Leaf/Russell bust.

He's close. But I agree, those two are at the top of the bust pyramid.......maybe throw in Akili Smith, he was the 3rd overall pick.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
This kid was so mishandled by Shanny and Snyder. His career is not over, but irreparably damaged to say the least. To take someone with that much raw talent and just mismanage them to that extent is just criminal! Not a huge RGIII fan but I can't blame him for all of his troubles.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":d7n3yp9l said:
This kid was so mishandled by Shanny and Snyder. His career is not over, but irreparably damaged to say the least. To take someone with that much raw talent and just mismanage them to that extent is just criminal! Not a huge RGIII fan but I can't blame him for all of his troubles.

For sure, not all RG3's fault, the Skins have bungled his career from injury #1.

But from what I've read and heard, RG3's army of agents, PR people, even down to his meddling parents have made it virtually impossible to coexist and get on the same page with even the simplest of decisions...........from his off season rehab, practice schedule, appearances, OTA's, and now decisions on his health and playing.

If he's ever going to revive his career, he's going to have to humble himself and go with the program, and stop telling coaches and management what he wants comes first over the team.

Latest posts