RG3

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3ue5iyl7 said:
Evil_Shenanigans":3ue5iyl7 said:
This kid was so mishandled by Shanny and Snyder. His career is not over, but irreparably damaged to say the least. To take someone with that much raw talent and just mismanage them to that extent is just criminal! Not a huge RGIII fan but I can't blame him for all of his troubles.

For sure, not all RG3's fault, the Skins have bungled his career from injury #1.

But from what I've read and heard, RG3's army of agents, PR people, even down to his meddling parents have made it virtually impossible to coexist and get on the same page with even the simplest of decisions...........from his off season rehab, practice schedule, appearances, OTA's, and now decisions on his health and playing.

If he's ever going to revive his career, he's going to have to humble himself and go with the program, and stop telling coaches and management what he wants comes first over the team.

I'm curious where he ends up if he's released.

Is there a team out there that sees him as a possible starter or does he take a backup role? It seems Seattle and SF might give him the option to play in an offense tailored to his skillset.

If I'm betting though, my guess is someone gives him a shot to try to start and his career tanks even further.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Marvin49":1shcgnvd said:
Sgt. Largent":1shcgnvd said:
Evil_Shenanigans":1shcgnvd said:
This kid was so mishandled by Shanny and Snyder. His career is not over, but irreparably damaged to say the least. To take someone with that much raw talent and just mismanage them to that extent is just criminal! Not a huge RGIII fan but I can't blame him for all of his troubles.

For sure, not all RG3's fault, the Skins have bungled his career from injury #1.

But from what I've read and heard, RG3's army of agents, PR people, even down to his meddling parents have made it virtually impossible to coexist and get on the same page with even the simplest of decisions...........from his off season rehab, practice schedule, appearances, OTA's, and now decisions on his health and playing.

If he's ever going to revive his career, he's going to have to humble himself and go with the program, and stop telling coaches and management what he wants comes first over the team.

I'm curious where he ends up if he's released.

Is there a team out there that sees him as a possible starter or does he take a backup role? It seems Seattle and SF might give him the option to play in an offense tailored to his skillset.

If I'm betting though, my guess is someone gives him a shot to try to start and his career tanks even further.

The Skins have him for only 3.5M this year, so unless someone wows them with a draft pick package I doubt they trade him.

Rumor has it that they were shopping RG3 last week, but no one wanted to give up anything of value.

Bottom line, there are still plenty of teams with horrible QB situations that are as we speak in negotiations with the Skins for RG3. You telling me if you're Houston, Jets, Browns, Jags, etc..........you're going to entertain putting together some picks to get RG3. Maybe not first rounders, but something.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Hard to believe we are talking about the same guy who picked apart the Seahawks defense in the first two drives of that 2012 playoff game. He was unbelievable. I don't think this is exactly the same thing that happened with Leaf and JaMarcus. This is a once talented kid, who through some combination of ego, injury, poor coaching and mismanagement, has somehow lost the essence of what made him look special as a rookie.

Happy

Reaction score
SuperMan28":1qx6gi6r said:
Such a great first year. It baffles me as to what happened.

RGIII_KneeINjury_original.gif

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1eg83ce2 said:
Hard to believe we are talking about the same guy who picked apart the Seahawks defense in the first two drives of that 2012 playoff game. He was unbelievable. I don't think this is exactly the same thing that happened with Leaf and JaMarcus. This is a once talented kid, who through some combination of ego, injury, poor coaching and mismanagement, has somehow lost the essence of what made him look special as a rookie.

Well said.

I do think if we had to pick the biggest reason for RG3's fall from grace, it'd be injury for me.

Say all you want about dysfunction, players hating him, issues with Gruden, whatever...........he's not the same player he was, he's just not.

Seafan

Reaction score
RGIII is not made for the NFL game. He's not a great pocket passer. He'd be good in Chip Kelly's system and I can guarantee you if the deadskins cut him Chip would grab him in a heartbeat. That would be a good reason for Snyder to hang onto him. A lot of these great college spread offense QBs will have difficulty switching to the NFL game.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I don't know if it's been mentioned but when I think of RG3 I'm reminded of Rick Mirer.

Happy

Reaction score
IDK about the Mirer comp other than being one year wonders. Mirer couldn't throw to his left. RG3 took an arrow to the knee.

chris98251

Reaction score
Happy":2vswekhi said:
IDK about the Mirer comp other than being one year wonders. Mirer couldn't throw to his left. RG3 took an arrow to the knee.

Both got beat up so much they never could trust the Line to give them time to throw, hearing footsteps and being gun shy to step up into the pocket. Their confidence took a shot and they could never get back on the horse do to speak, Mirer did go on and become serviceable as a back up for a few teams, but even the last time I seen him he seemed like a deer in headlights if he got hit or sacked.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Happy":319a0th1 said:

To me the comp has more to do with a 2nd overall pick who looked promising early and then it just all fell apart. Mirer had some measure of success. Russell and Leaf were steaming piles of poo from day one.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
TBH I can't really think of a good comp for RGIII.

It's a pretty unique situation. I mean, there are QBs who have initially looked excellent only to for someone reason just lose whatever spark of magic they had (the odd case of Josh Freeman comes to mind), but RGIII's sudden ineptitude is partially about injury, but also just totally bizarre. Then you add in the factor of so much culpability to spread around (on RGIII, the coaching and the ownership) and I just don't really know what to make of it.

I think if he were smart he'd take the time to build his confidence and mechanics back up behind an aging vet (e.g. with the Broncos, Pats, or even Saints) with an eye toward an heir-apparent resurrection a year or two down the line, but I question how smart he is. If he is cut I think he's delusional enough to throw himself into another fire (e.g. the Browns, or Texans) from which he never really recovers.

This is all of course assuming that Bradford doesn't get injured again or Chip doesn't keep playing the churn game and RGIII isn't the Eagles starting QB at this time next year.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I know everyone says it was the knee, but didn't he have at least one ACL before he was a pro?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I for one, feel very badly for RG3, never a fan, but those jerks put him in and left him in some bad situations.
If I'm him, i'm figuring out how to sue the hell out of the league the Washington Redskins and his trainers, and coaches who put him in that position.