Falcons are going to beat the Cardinals.

blazen2392

Reaction score
I'm calling it right now. I'm really impressed by this team at home. It's such a classic Vegas trap game. This game is a MUST WIN for the Falcons. They are going to be bringing out the big guns. The line opened with ATL as the favorite, till the public started pounding the cardinals. This game has Trap written all over it. SEAHAWKS are gunning for that number 1 seed.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Keeping in mind that I agree that the Cards could lose to basically anyone on the road, including the Falcons, I don't see what has been particularly impressive about Atlanta at home. They absolutely steamrolled a bad Tampa Bay team back in mid-September, but that's really been their only standout performance at home. They lost by two TDs at home to a garbage Bears team and lost at home to Cleveland last week.

They do have the talent to cause problems for Arizona I think, and could pull the upset, but I can't convince myself that they're actually a good team themselves.

OP
OP
B

blazen2392

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2lj4hupn said:
Keeping in mind that I agree that the Cards could lose to basically anyone on the road, including the Falcons, I don't see what has been particularly impressive about Atlanta at home. They absolutely steamrolled a bad Tampa Bay team back in mid-September, but that's really been their only standout performance at home. They lost by two TDs at home to a garbage Bears team and lost at home to Cleveland last week.

They do have the talent to cause problems for Arizona I think, and could pull the upset, but I can't convince myself that they're actually a good team themselves.

Okay impressed is a strong word. I don't have a word for a team I believe to be much better than everyone gives them credit for.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Yeah, I mean they're on the bad end of okay; it's certainly to our benefit that they still have a division title to play for. I do think that Arizona either gets picked off by Atlanta tomorrow or at home the following week by KC.

titan3131

Reaction score
I really think its 50/50

The falcons blow but matt ryan is a good qb who has weapons. It all comes down to the tards offense and how they perform on the road.

I definatly am praying for the dirty birds to pull it off, because i see the tards falling to the cheifs and we win out its #1 seed time BIOCTHESSSS!!!!

mistaowen

Reaction score
That entire conference is awful this year. I figured the Panthers would run away with that division cause they were good defensively last year after watching the Falcons vs Saints week 1 put up 6,000 total yards. I watched the Browns game last week cause my buddy is a die hard Brown and the Falcons defense couldn't be worse. Brian Hoyer tried to give the game away but still was able to drive the entire field to win the game.

With that said, Julio Jones is awesome and Matt Ryan can still drop 400 yards on people. Falcons win this game if their offense can put up at least 25 points, but I'm thinking they'll need 30.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":2o5rvmmc said:
Yeah, I mean they're on the bad end of okay; it's certainly to our benefit that they still have a division title to play for. I do think that Arizona either gets picked off by Atlanta tomorrow or at home the following week by KC.
I think KC is FAR more likely to beat them than Atl.

strohmin

Reaction score
I dont see it. Arizona's defense is going to steam roll the Falcon's offense and Arizona's offense should be able to put enough points up to secure a victory.

OrFan

Reaction score
It is a nice thought, it most likely will never happen though. Atl is pure fluffy garbage. They have been that for many years, and are currently in contention in their division with another pure crap team in N.O. To say they will beat a team like Az who is a strong, fundamental football team, is a bit of a nice cozy dream.

No team in that division is worthy of being in the NFL this year.

OTOH, any given Sunday.......

titan3131

Reaction score
I view the cards as dangerous as us in 2011 with tjak at the helm. The defense will keep em in games, but with the bipolar qb throw the game away or do enough to win.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":o0uvbw7h said:
MidwestHawker":o0uvbw7h said:

No question that KC is the superior team to Atlanta. Still, locations of the two games being what they are, Arizona projects to at least open up as 3-point favorite over KC where they're only favored by two tomorrow. My guess is that the Arizona-KC line gets bet down below a spread of three, but it's likely to still be pretty comparable in terms of Arizona slightly favored.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":15313pra said:
hawksfansinceday1":15313pra said:
MidwestHawker":15313pra said:

No question that KC is the superior team to Atlanta. Still, locations of the two games being what they are, Arizona projects to at least open up as 3-point favorite over KC where they're only favored by two tomorrow. My guess is that the Arizona-KC line gets bet down below a spread of three, but it's likely to still be pretty comparable in terms of Arizona slightly favored.
Some of that will depend on how they look tomorrow though.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":gf3xbqhu said:
MidwestHawker":gf3xbqhu said:
hawksfansinceday1":gf3xbqhu said:
MidwestHawker":gf3xbqhu said:

Some of that will depend on how they look tomorrow though.

Yeah, it at least can. Even taking that factor into account I doubt that the line against KC will be more than two points off either way from what the Arizona-Atlanta line will close at.

kf3339

Reaction score
I just want Atlanta or Kansas City to beat them before we meet again. It somehow both of them pull it off, then great!

But we do need some help since we can only give them their third loss in a few weeks, and right now we have four losses.

Personally, I think at this point we have a really good chance to win out and take the number one seed for the playoffs. Our defense is playing that good and the offense seems to be getting better!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":bonn8x63 said:
Unfortunately, I think the Cardinals defense will take care of things.
This, 'Matty Ice' will be iced alright. You think Russ had problems with that pass rush?!

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
If you look at all phases of the game, AZ has ATL beat in all but one: QB
Matt's is really good, but look at the secondary and pass rush he will face. We all know Stanton isn't near as good with a level playing field, but I don't expect him to see a withering pass rush nor anything resembling good coverage of AZ's WRs. Especially that young beast that our CBs were straining to contain (Brown?).
The deck is already stacked against Ryan.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
OrFan":mfppn7iz said:
It is a nice thought, it most likely will never happen though. Atl is pure fluffy garbage. They have been that for many years, and are currently in contention in their division with another pure crap team in N.O. To say they will beat a team like Az who is a strong, fundamental football team, is a bit of a nice cozy dream.

No team in that division is worthy of being in the NFL this year.

OTOH, any given Sunday.......

That's a bit harsh. The Panthers were a worthy opponent for us and the Saints beat up the Packers. Watching Kelvin Benjamin and Mike Evans has been fun this year too.

Wouldn't be too surprised if the Falcons pulled out the win.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":1slgn2fs said:
If you look at all phases of the game, AZ has ATL beat in all but one: QB
Matt's is really good, but look at the secondary and pass rush he will face. We all know Stanton isn't near as good with a level playing field, but I don't expect him to see a withering pass rush nor anything resembling good coverage of AZ's WRs. Especially that young beast that our CBs were straining to contain (Brown?).
The deck is already stacked against Ryan.

I mean...it's not just QB, it's basically the whole offense that's better. Atlanta's receivers certainly take a leisurely crap all over Arizona's.

Talent-wise I don't think that Arizona is significantly better, though unfortunately Bruce Arians is about 10x the coach Mike Smith is.

Latest posts