Romo has 2 fractures in his back

lsheldon

Reaction score
So it is being reported now that Tony Romo has two fractures in his back. They are saying it is unrelated to the disk surgery he underwent last year. Apparently not a season ending injury and his playing this coming Sunday will be a game time decision. Jerry Jones has been coaching the offensive line all week himself on how to keep his star pupil safe I am sure....

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/i ... ocess-back

Tony Romo suffered two fractured transverse process in his back in the loss to the Washington Redskins, but there remains a chance he could play Sunday against the Arizona Cardinals, according to multiple sources.

The Cowboys and Romo have stressed this is not related to the disk surgery he had last December and is not a threat to end his season. Baylor quarterback Bryce Petty suffered a similar injury this season and missed just one game.

Tony Romo's latest injury is not related to the disk surgery he had last December and is not a threat to end his season.

ESPN's Ed Werder reported Romo would either start or be inactive against the Cardinals. He did not practice all week and is officially listed as questionable.

The transverse process is a small bone that sticks out from either side of the vertebrae. Romo has been receiving multiple hours of treatment all week at the Cowboys' facility and at home.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Just read that as well. I can imagine that would be pretty painful moving around doing anything.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of Romo (as a player) but if he's hurt then I don't believe he should play. Jerry Jones is a moron. He shouldn't have played him last monday night after he was hurt. It probably hurt him further. But Jones and Cowboys will because that team is so dependent on Romo. All they care about is wins not anyone's health and well being.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1brpz3mn said:
I'm not a big fan of Romo (as a player) but if he's hurt then I don't believe he should play. Jerry Jones is a moron. He shouldn't have played him last monday night after he was hurt. It probably hurt him further. But Jones and Cowboys will because that team is so dependent on Romo. All they care about is wins not anyone's health and well being.

I feel the same. If there is even a remote chance that his quality of life could be affected by playing with this injury he shouldn't. You don't mess with spinal injuries, not a smart idea.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I'm not a Romo fan, as I think the guy is severely overrated and overhyped because of FF stats...... But with that being said he needs to think of his quality of life after football.

He seems like a good guy off the field, doesn't break the law, doesn't punch his mama in the mouth, doesn't get convicted of DWI or shoplifting.

Just hope we are not seeing a special on the guy 15 years from now and he's in a wheelchair or worse.

He needs to tell crazy uncle Jerry to "get bent" if he is hurt and it sounds like he is having 2 fractures the in his back.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Seemed to me that that the back up QB did fine, don't think I would have chanced it knowing his history. But Jerry got him a shot and sent him back in, kinda like that movie. What a dumb ass.

ringless

Reaction score
Of course I don't want Romo to play, and not just for selfish reasons....

At the end of the day Romo would've just gotten these new injuries just 6 days ago after coming off not one, but TWO back surgeries.... His quality of life with that degenerative condition is going to be really poor a few years from now. By putting him out there being hit by 300lb guys with existing injuries isn't going to end well.

The best decision not just for the team, but for him is to have him sit for two weeks until the bye... At worse they go 1-1, Romo would have 3 weeks to heal and still finish a push for the playoffs....

I just dont see how anyone in their right mind could let someone play basically being held together by some cheap glue knowing the risk they are taking.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":q7pr7phg said:
I'm not a Romo fan, as I think the guy is severely overrated and overhyped because of FF stats...... But with that being said he needs to think of his quality of life after football.

He seems like a good guy off the field, doesn't break the law, doesn't punch his mama in the mouth, doesn't get convicted of DWI or shoplifting.

Just hope we are not seeing a special on the guy 15 years from now and he's in a wheelchair or worse.

He needs to tell crazy uncle Jerry to "get bent" if he is hurt and it sounds like he is having 2 fractures the in his back.
Well said Hernia. Agree 100%.

Tony: you've got 40-60 years of life after football. Shut 'er down.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I've done my part in making Romo synonymous with joke and today don't feel so good about it. Incredibly talented athlete that just didn't appear to have the mental fortitude to go the distance. I wish him well going forward.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Its time for him to say goodbye..Making that idiot owner happy isn't worth it..The owner will be dead long before the back needs multiple surgeries to repair the damage that happens when you play with a degenerative condition...

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I bet that contract is insured for injury...

HawkWow

Reaction score
^ Undoubtedly. Lloyds of London or such. And if the insurance company has reservations about the extent of the injury, Romo can get Harvin's surgeon to say about anything he wants to be said..

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Romo may not survive this game much less the rest of the season and beyond. My prediction is Romo is done at the end of the year or this offseason due to back issues plus his age. They say his golf game is on level to be a high pro level golfer, can't golf with a messed up back. Also crazy uncle Jerruh will make an offseason trade for Johnny football and severely over pay for that clown.

ringless

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2kmzrmij said:
Romo may not survive this game much less the rest of the season and beyond. My prediction is Romo is done at the end of the year or this offseason due to back issues plus his age. They say his golf game is on level to be a high pro level golfer, can't golf with a messed up back. Also crazy uncle Jerruh will make an offseason trade for Johnny football and severely over pay for that clown.

I would love if Jerruh made that trade.... They'd have to overpay for Ryan Leaf.... I mean the kid had never seen a playbook before this year... Is seen most likely snorting coke in a Las Vegas bathroom, has a history of not taking any critisism well, and quitting practices over being disciplined. The sense of entitlement, and that he acts like a child..... I'd hate to have him on my team. If he was a Cardinal I dont think I could watch the games anymore. Dallas would lose years of any shot at success with that clown