Bevell

sam1313

Reaction score
I've never been one of the "fire Bevell" crowd, but what the hell was that? That has to be the worst called game, indeed one of the worst coached games, I've seen in the PC era. I'm absolutely disgusted with the play calling today. What happened to being a run first team? What happened to using the run to set up the pass? That was just horrible. :34853_doh:

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Hard to run when your players don't block.

And hard to establish what's working when the other team can convert 3rd and 20.

White Devil

Reaction score
Yea but he started the game like that.

What happened to the pound you in the face run, play action pass offense?

The offense now is completely centered around Harvin. Not Lynch. I know they're not running well, and Coleman still isn't MRob, but they look like an offense with NO identity.

Offensive line woes, I would imagine, are at the core of the problem. You're not gonna get better at running without trying to run the ball. This team is a mess on offense right now.

1st down - Gimmick to Harvin

2nd down - Draw to Lynch.

3rd down - RW run for his life and try to pass.

Don't get it. The team needs to heal up and find a focus on offense. Still have a long way to go folks.

pehawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1r1yfl6b said:

And hard to establish what's working when the other team can convert 3rd and 20.

Looked to me they blocked fine. Might even say well if you chose to view it impartially.

It was a bad, very bad, day for an already spotty OC. It's okay to point out the emperors naked occasionally. Make no mistake, that was very bad coaching offensively. Thats a 100% justifiable statement.

hawkporvida

Reaction score
Bevell needs to change his game plan or Carroll needs to make changes .... we what cowboys do and that is run the ball and we still couldn't contain Murray..... But im sorry besides what the offense couldn't do this year D is NO WHERE near lastyear D. cmon 3 and 20 and you give that up !!! i hope this lost wakes up everyone !!! Now its time to hear the NFL talk about the cowboys for the rest of the year .....

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Just loaded up .net and this is the first thread I see. I think he owes Beast Mode and the rest of the team an apology. I thought the D was much better once Wags came back, but Bevell may have called his worst game yet. Long developing pass plays when the OL can't provide protection and all the play action when you haven't run enough to do so was Andy Reid-esque.

Pure stupid, Bevell.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":3rls8q20 said:

It's nearly inconceivable that you come in here blaming everything but play calling after this game.

Literally, delusional.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
As bad as his calls were, they weren't executed either. Those plays are drawn up to move the chains - and they were not executed well enough.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":szyn1xc1 said:
Sarlacc83":szyn1xc1 said:

It's nearly inconceivable that you come in here blaming everything but play calling after this game.

Literally, delusional.

Play calling was bad. 30 points given up by the D was worse. O-line barely blocked for Lynch outside of 1 run was also bad.

If you weren't so mole - visioned you'd realize the team faces bigger problems right now than Bevell.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Bevell doesn't know how to use his best offense weapon - Percy Harvin. Every team knows how the Seahawks are using him and his effectiveness is now being negated. He needs to release Harvin downfield. None of the plays to Harvin worked today.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":cbwewe5l said:
Play calling was bad. 30 points given up by the D was worse. O-line barely blocked for Lynch outside of 1 run was also bad.

If you weren't so mole - visioned you'd realize the team faces bigger problems right now than Bevell.
The team's facing problems, but none as large as Bevell. Also, our offense screwing around putting our defense back out on the field a lot with short rest hurts them, too. Dallas is an elite offense. Not just this year - it's not something NEW. They now have what looks to be the best O-line in the NFL.

I'm not even going to bother. Our defense had a bad day, but our offense had a WORSE day and it's not even debatable.

SEAHAWKSTER

Reaction score
That is why he wss over looked as a head coach past 2yrs... He calls passes when we should run and run when wd should psss .... I mean it doesnt help that our defense gives up the 3rd down like its their jobs but horrible play calling today... And why they didnt call for more wilson qb runs is beyond me ... On to next week lets est some lambs... Go hawks :3:

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":yevw3zrt said:
RolandDeschain":yevw3zrt said:
Sarlacc83":yevw3zrt said:

Literally, delusional.

Just a thought...if the offense were to sustain some drives, would the D be on the field as much?

TorontoHawk

Reaction score
sam1313":12bezmds said:
I've never been one of the "fire Bevell" crowd, but what the hell was that? That has to be the worst called game, indeed one of the worst coached games, I've seen in the PC era. I'm absolutely disgusted with the play calling today. What happened to being a run first team? What happened to using the run to set up the pass? That was just horrible. :34853_doh:

We could not run the ball, Lynch was getting stuffed all but for two runs, hard to run when we have no O-line.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2jevkfe6 said:
Sarlacc83":2jevkfe6 said:

The team's facing problems, but none as large as Bevell. Also, our offense screwing around putting our defense back out on the field a lot with short rest hurts them, too. Dallas is an elite offense. Not just this year - it's not something NEW. They now have what looks to be the best O-line in the NFL.

I'm not even going to bother. Our defense had a bad day, but our offense had a WORSE day and it's not even debatable.

Dallas a had a 10 minute drive in the first quarter. 10 minutes! That is insane! And you can't claim they weren't rested.

And Seattle hasn't generated turnovers which help the offense get those points. Both sides matter.

Not to mention Wilson hasn't done a good enough job recognizing pre snap reads. Where are the audibles?

m0ng0

Reaction score
I love this place :lol: :D I see Bevell is back to being a moron again :lol:

pehawk

Reaction score
You can check the football game plan thread, but some douchebag poster stated that Bevell could actually keep Dallas in this game by getting "cute". And, that the Hawks needed to keep Dallas's offense on the sideline.

Once again, and 5 games in, the Seahawks have no offensive identity. Once again, the Seahawks decide to NOT run from prosets vs an inferior front 7. Once again, Walters gets the looks on key 3rd downs. Once again, when Hawks need bootleg, they DONT run it.

Just a deplorable gameplan, bordering on incompetence.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
It's absurd to excuse Bevell at this point.

SINCE WHEN DO WE ABANDON THE RUN AS THE SEATTLE SEAHAWKS?

Latest posts