Bevell

pehawk

Reaction score
Why on the last drive do we not roll Wilson out? Why?

I'm sorry, but I spent most my life snorting blow and doing stupid isht...and I knew you want to keep the Boys offense off the field by running the ball.

I'm SO tired of empty sets. Just so done with them.

Crizilla

Reaction score
I swear some of you didnt watch the game. Dallas' line completely dominated ours.

nIdahoSeahawk

Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of you, but before this game when I heard that the Cowboys have one of the worst run defenses in the league, I silently predicted to myself that Bevell would nearly abandon the run immediately. Hate to say I knew it was going to happen, but looking at his playcalling history with us, this isn't the first time he's pulled this. He tends to call towards the strength of the defense when they have a glaring weakness. It's annoying and is getting VERY old. /endrant.

irocdave

Reaction score
Glad I'm not the only one thinking the OC had a piss poor game plan today. Wilson's play was a close second. Anyone who watched todays game has to be wondering why Lynch only had two touches in the first half. To many cute plays throwing to receivers at or behind the line of scrimmage, especially when the corners are in man and standing on the LOS.

The D has taken a couple steps back and the offense needs to step forward, not race the D backwards. Wilson did the offense no favors today. Bad reads, bad throws and for some reason refused to throw it to an open Lynch coming out of the backfield on a couple of occasions.

The cowboy's played a great game, especially on D. There running back and O line are legitimate and should take them places this year. Not trying to take anything away from them, that's an above average football team.

hawk45

Reaction score
pehawk":1voi0hx5 said:
Why on the last drive do we not roll Wilson out? Why?

I'm sorry, but I spent most my life snorting blow and doing stupid isht...and I knew you want to keep the Boys offense off the field by running the ball.

I'm SO tired of empty sets. Just so done with them.

Right? How can empty sets work? We have receivers that aren't insta-separation, so instead of keeping a back or two in to threaten the run (or even better hand the got-damned ball off) you go empty set so the DL pins their ears back and the DBs and LBs all drop back and flood the secondary.

We are not an offense that should be using empty sets much less TWICE IN AN EFFING ROW on one doomed pitiful drive in the first half that was a national monument to craptastic playcalling.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Crizilla":2u1udvcg said:
I swear some of you didnt watch the game. Dallas' line completely dominated ours.
yep and by crapping the bed with bad play calls helps the situation out how???

marko358

Reaction score
Pretty sad that even Marshawn Lynch's agent had to call out Bevell during the game.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DHendrickson41/status/521431099235643392[/tweet]

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
marko358":1dcl8v8l said:
Pretty sad that even Marshawn Lynch's agent had to call out Bevell during the game.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DHendrickson41/status/521431099235643392[/tweet]
NICE! :th2thumbs:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
hawk45":1tp73icx said:
Right? How can empty sets work? We have receivers that aren't insta-separation, so instead of keeping a back or two in to threaten the run (or even better hand the got-damned ball off) you go empty set so the DL pins their ears back and the DBs and LBs all drop back and flood the secondary.

We are not an offense that should be using empty sets much less TWICE IN AN EFFING ROW on one doomed pitiful drive in the first half that was a national monument to craptastic playcalling.
Our offensive formations under Bevell are pathetically simple and predictable, and have been for a long time. We practically literally tell opposing defenses when to bring a safety up for extra run defense.

Also, if I had to guess, I'd guess that Angry Doug was trying to convince Wilson to just run the offense himself when he was shouting at him, lol.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Crizilla":16j4ospz said:

Yet Marshawn was at 6 yards per carry and Bevell runs Marshawn 10 times total.

Rainger

Reaction score
This whole season seems to be down to running variation on the 3 same plays. Dallas figured that out. It is either a bubble to Harvin a jet to Harvin or a play option with Lynch. This team has forgot how to pass down field more than a couple times a game.

OP
OP
sam1313

sam1313

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1lckkw97 said:
RolandDeschain":1lckkw97 said:
Sarlacc83":1lckkw97 said:
Hard to run when your players don't block.

And hard to establish what's working when the other team can convert 3rd and 20.
It's nearly inconceivable that you come in here blaming everything but play calling after this game.

Literally, delusional.

Play calling was bad. 30 points given up by the D was worse. O-line barely blocked for Lynch outside of 1 run was also bad.

If you weren't so mole - visioned you'd realize the team faces bigger problems right now than Bevell.

Really? So much is tied to Bevell's crappy calls in this game. RW wasn't having the best game. So run more.

The defense looked tired and needed to get off the field - So run more.

Dallas' defense was like 22nd in the league against the run - so run more.

Our OL couldn't pass block - so run more.

Play action passes were not working - so run more.

Instead we pass out of empty backfields, don't help our OL on passing plays, and run Lynch twice in the first half. It is hard for me to blame this loss on the other stuff because Bevell stunk it up so bad, that it is surprising that anyone in the Clink could even breathe!

OP
OP
sam1313

sam1313

Reaction score
Crizilla":x8onk96q said:

You may have never played offensive line. I did. When all you do is pass block all day it makes life really, really hard. Linemen need to have the opportunity to fire off the ball multiple plays. So what if Lynch only got two or three yards, or passes were not working. I would rather give it to Lynch 3 times in a row when our passing isn't working well. Chances are we get first downs, and even if not successful, the play action would actually begin to mean something. This was horrid, horrid play calling.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
sam1313":2qi9zci6 said:
Sarlacc83":2qi9zci6 said:
RolandDeschain":2qi9zci6 said:
Sarlacc83":2qi9zci6 said:
Hard to run when your players don't block.

And hard to establish what's working when the other team can convert 3rd and 20.
It's nearly inconceivable that you come in here blaming everything but play calling after this game.

Literally, delusional.

Play calling was bad. 30 points given up by the D was worse. O-line barely blocked for Lynch outside of 1 run was also bad.

If you weren't so mole - visioned you'd realize the team faces bigger problems right now than Bevell.

Really? So much is tied to Bevell's crappy calls in this game. RW wasn't having the best game. So run more.

The defense looked tired and needed to get off the field - So run more.

Dallas' defense was like 22nd in the league against the run - so run more.

Our OL couldn't pass block - so run more.

Play action passes were not working - so run more.

Instead we pass out of empty backfields, don't help our OL on passing plays, and run Lynch twice in the first half. It is hard for me to blame this loss on the other stuff because Bevell stunk it up so bad, that it is surprising that anyone in the Clink could even breathe!

Bevell did not have a good game. There is no question. Neither did Carroll nor did Cable.

There are systemic issues in the defense which worry me more than a top 5 offense having an off game though. Quinn has taken a significant step back, but he isn't the go to scapegoat.

Running more would help the consistency issues, but so would catches and time in the pocket.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
nIdahoSeahawk":2hid95e6 said:
I don't know about the rest of you, but before this game when I heard that the Cowboys have one of the worst run defenses in the league, I silently predicted to myself that Bevell would nearly abandon the run immediately. Hate to say I knew it was going to happen, but looking at his playcalling history with us, this isn't the first time he's pulled this. He tends to call towards the strength of the defense when they have a glaring weakness. It's annoying and is getting VERY old. /endrant.
I've said this many a times. Bevell will always do the exact opposite of what one should do because he thinks he's outsmarting the D

Latest posts