Refs missed blatant facemask on Denver's game-tying TD

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Ha, he tries to tackle Schofield after that too, not surprised all that was missed. :34853_doh:

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Wow, I hadn't seen/heard of this. That's a BLATANT penalty; and Schofield still gets back up and closes in on Peyton working toward a sack, haha. Between that and the fumble we were screwed on, this game should not have been as close as it was...

Denver fans think they're ready to hang with Seattle. Get back to the Super Bowl and we'll work on doing the same, and let's see what happens, Donkey fans.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I mean yes, they missed a face mask.. but it had no effect on the play itself.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":3c9muqjx said:
Without that facemask Peyton gets sacked or is forced to throw it away, resulting in no touchdown. Look at how Schofield's move puts him around the side, that penalty is the only thing that allowed Peyton to get that pass off for the TD. Did you even watch the animated GIF in that link? o_O

2_0_6

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":122c4l7c said:

How about a 15 yard penalty from the spot of the foul? That changes things significantly.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":1wg0nhm4 said:
Their corners were getting away with a lot of contact, too.
The crew was hands off and let them play which I prefer but facemasking like that is a whole different thing then being physical with wide receivers.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I don't blame the refs. I'm sure if you took ANY play in ANY game, there is some penalty being done that a ref missed. We won this game, so lets move on. I'd rather focus on these measures, things the team can actually do better to prevent

- Defense letting them drive up the field in less than a minute
- Safety
- The interception
- O-Line protection

Seafan

Reaction score
What about the blatant trip/hold after the face mask? This guy got away with two obvious penalties on the same play.

homerun1970

Reaction score
Well the defense letting them drive the field could be stopped by either a sack or a 15 yard facemask penalty. The o line play could be increased by the amount of holding that was allowed and pick plays to get receivers open faster. The safety heck maybe they could have facemasked the guy as he came through. I know we won the game but the refs sure made it a lot harder on my heart than it needed to be.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
ZagHawk":opummqyf said:
I don't blame the refs. I'm sure if you took ANY play in ANY game, there is some penalty being done that a ref missed. We won this game, so lets move on. I'd rather focus on these measures, things the team can actually do better to prevent

- Defense letting them drive up the field in less than a minute
- Safety
- The interception
- O-Line protection
Don't forget the tipped FG. If the Hawks get the 3 there, I think the mountain for the Donkeys to climb to get back in the game is too high and we coast to a win by like 10.

Jacknut16

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":2fmnb3qb said:

Um, what on earth are you watching?, without that facemask grab his is up the middle right on Manning. No chance at making the throw with that grab on his facemask.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
There are penalties that happen on every play...

BUT

Never, have I seen so many egregious, game changing penalties go uncalled this year. And I'm not just talking about For/Against the Seahawks. The NFL really needs to figure this out. Don't get me wrong, I know it will never be perfect, but damn, there are way too many bad calls/non-calls that take place in big situations.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Two officials looking in that general direction. Interesting (at the very least) that it wasn't called. Oh well, we won.

Attachments

• OB_01.gif
    OB_01.gif
    104.4 KB · Views: 2,546