I'm chalking this one up to Rivers and heat.

Mick063

Reaction score
Rivers was nothing short of top notch. Keeping drives alive is what almost every team fails to do against Seattle. Everyone tries to nickel and dime, but stringing together 10 play drives, over and over, is extremely difficult unless the team is extremely disciplined and the quarterback brings his "A" game.

Which leads into the topic of heat. All it took was a couple of long drives and the defense was dehydrated and exhausted. Credit the Chargers for disciplined football and credit the summer sun for helping them.

Seattle had a shot to win in the final possession. Considering the circumstances, I'll take that opportunity every time.

Waiting for the cool climes of fall to get this Seattle team back on track. I'm not worried. An early wake up call isn't necessarily a bad thing.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Total plays 75-38. We lost because the defense couldn't get off the field. They couldn't get off the field because Rivers tore them up and because they missed too many tackles, just like last week.

davidonmi

Reaction score
A couple dumb penalties but buy in large we lost on the road to a very good football team in 100 degree heat.
Not the end of the world

Microfiber

Reaction score
seriously to the heat???? Please don't stoop that low. What would you say if fans complained that when their team plays here it rains?

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
We couldn't beat a team coming off a short week when we had 10 days off.

We just aren't as good as we need to be this year.

With the schedule we have we will be fortunate to win 10 games.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Microfiber":kppoju9w said:
seriously to the heat???? Please don't stoop that low. What would you say if fans complained that when their team plays here it rains?

Rain doesn't pull your entire secondary off the field due to cramps.

sturg78

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3219jicv said:

I think you are bipolar. Take a deep breath, one game.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I'm chalking it up to the LOB, a Harvin fumble, and a late hit that was unnecessary by Irvin.

It's time we faced a little adversity.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
2012 Third Down anxiety came back with a vengeance this game. You're not going to have a good chance of beating anyone when your opponent has a 75% 3rd down conversion rate. Add the long sustained drives to the heat and you're going to have a recipe for disaster.

Not going for it on 4th and 2 was pretty frustrating for me.

Irvin's late hit was frustrating. Giving up chunk yards on screens and the same freaking draw play was frustrating. Little to no Lynch was frustrating.

But Rivers was absolutely beast today. Gotta give some credit to him for being thoroughly dominant.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3a8u8yth said:

Did you watch week 1?

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
davidonmi":v0y0t50c said:
Tech Worlds":v0y0t50c said:

Did you watch week 1?

Yes. San Diego looked at that game and exposed us. Where was our famous defense today? No excuse to lose this game when you had all the advantages in your favor. Unless you just aren't good enough on defense.

This defense was horrible today.

checkdanews

Reaction score
People saying stop blaming the heat are loony, Have you ever played sports in 100+ degrees? Its literally like playing while having your blood drawn, your energy literally disappears. I get that there pro athletes, but unless you train in that sort of heat on a regular basis, your not gonna have a very fun time.

Im not saying it was just because the heat, but to say it had no factor is loony

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Stop this absurd "heat" junk right here and now, IMO.

We lost because our defense played a very mediocre game and the Chargers went 4 for 4 on fumble recoveries, which practically NEVER happens. As Football Outsiders says, forcing fumbles is an art, recovering them is completely random.

davidonmi

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":368n2tbv said:
davidonmi":368n2tbv said:
Tech Worlds":368n2tbv said:

Did you watch week 1?

Yes. San Diego looked at that game and exposed us. Where was our famous defense today? No excuse to lose this game when you had all the advantages in your favor. Unless you just aren't good enough on defense.

This defense was horrible today.
Andrew luck sliced and diced our defense last year. Was that exposure, or just a great game played by luck?
I think this game is very similar

Mocha Joe

Reaction score
checkdanews":12m0r4i5 said:
People saying stop blaming the heat are loony, Have you ever played sports in 100+ degrees? Its literally like playing while having your blood drawn, your energy literally disappears. I get that there pro athletes, but unless you train in that sort of heat on a regular basis, your not gonna have a very fun time.

Im not saying it was just because the heat, but to say it had no factor is loony

But didn't San Diego play on the same field on a short week? They had more excuses going into the game to perform poorly. It was a loss, not the end of the world.

Anthony!

Reaction score
we lost because our defense did not show up, our o-line did not block, we had stupid penalties, drop passes etc. The realist is we are going to score more if our defense is going to be like this.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
There is no good loss, but at least it's out of the division and conference.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Poor showing by our vaunted defense. LOB and our linebackers couldn't stop Gates and Royal on big play downs.
Can't rattle Rivers who RAN to convert two 3rd and long plays. Defense cant get off the field. Stupid penalties and missed tackles.
On offense we had penalties that set us back. Failed to sustain drives when we had the chance to go ahead . Baldwin dropping catches? Percy's fly sweep gets blown up for a loss..
I hope this is a fluke.

BKCW

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1gvm9sir said:
Stop this absurd "heat" junk right here and now, IMO.

We lost because our defense played a very mediocre game and the Chargers went 4 for 4 on fumble recoveries, which practically NEVER happens. As Football Outsiders says, forcing fumbles is an art, recovering them is completely random.

I think your word choice of "absurd" is absurd. It is very logical assessment to attribute the poor play on defense to the 110+ heat. It saps your energy and stamina which in turn leads to an increase in mental mistakes. Today's game was filled with mental mistakes compounded by exceptional play by our opponent. The environment is always in play and is part of the home field advantage, today San Diego's worked.

Lxx

Reaction score
Prisco was right.
The Chargers would beat the Seahawks. They outplayed them hard at every position