I'm chalking this one up to Rivers and heat.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
We needed a catalyst to get us seasoned.

We shall overcome.

Lost a battle, yes, the war continues.

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
When your defense plays mediocre and the opposing QB is playing lights out - you are going to have problems.

When your defense is on the field because of that for more than 40 minutes and the weather is 110 degrees - it doesn't help.

When the offense gets stuffed twice in the fourth quarter - it also doesn't help.

That is a really good AFC team at home in a very important game for them. They played better and won.

nanomoz

Reaction score
And Gates (he had like 5 highlight-reel catches). And Woodhead. And Ingram. And Dunlap. And Weddle. They're a tough team, folks. If you didn't know that, your disappointment is probably worse than it should be.

lsheldon

Reaction score
Offensive line is still a concern. They looked abysmal. Russell was under pressure nearly every play. Really hard to sustain drives when your quarterback is running for his life every play. Heat definitely took a toll on defense.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":4s4p9y7z said:
davidonmi":4s4p9y7z said:
Tech Worlds":4s4p9y7z said:
We couldn't beat a team coming off a short week when we had 10 days off.

We just aren't as good as we need to be this year.

With the schedule we have we will be fortunate to win 10 games.

Go home yous a drink.

seahawks08

Reaction score
we had 10 days, so rusty, our time of possession was around 18 to 42 minutes that they had, and we didn't run the ball on every drive. We got too cute with jet sweeps. We didn't follow the run first philosophy and keep their offense off the field. Everything went their way including the Smith penalty which was not a penalty.

Well better lose to SD than within our division or conference.

chawx

Reaction score
I'm not broken up on this loss as I thought I would be. I've seen much worse in 30-years+ as a Seahawks fan to let a week 2 loss on the road in extreme weather conditions break me. Plus, everyone knows that San Diego for the first 10 games of the season, are really tough to beat.

I'm just bummed my prediction on the Aros "guess the score thread" was so off.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Rivers runs about a 15 second forty but he was able to out run our defense on several key occasions. The guys did not give good effort plain and simple. Maybe they need Big Red back to chew their butts or something but today and in parts of the first game our line in particular looked to be half aresing it.

summesm

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":2vk7bz9i said:
Poor showing by our vaunted defense. LOB and our linebackers couldn't stop Gates and Royal on big play downs.
Can't rattle Rivers who RAN to convert two 3rd and long plays. Defense cant get off the field. Stupid penalties and missed tackles.
On offense we had penalties that set us back. Failed to sustain drives when we had the chance to go ahead . Baldwin dropping catches? Percy's fly sweep gets blown up for a loss..
I hope this is a fluke.
fly sweep was a week one play that every team will be ready for. 1st and ten last drive if we are going to run give the damm ball to lynch who when got the chance was picking up great yardage 6.0 average . harvin was non factor in game dont force it and may be big reason we lost game giving up fumble . bevell and carrol might want to get over there man crush with harvin. we have a great running back that got the ball 6 rushes (36 yrd) and 4 passes ( 27 yds). i know game dictates some of this but come on. and for the heat well there was both teams playing in the heat and anyone who been to san diego knows this is not normal heat and in month of july the average temp in san diego was 75 in august it was 77 and so far sept 76 wow like they been practicing in the extreme heat . last week it was warmer in seattle than there so lets not use that. we lost, need to regroup and learn and get back to going 1-0 each week and learn to tackle again these first 2 game we have mised or had tackles broken way to much

Pandionidae

Reaction score
Renton Average high for the last 30 days was 76.5 degrees. San Diego's was 80.2 I don't think that conditioning or the heat was the reason for the loss. If the show was on the other foot in terms of TOP then they would have been gassed. I thought there was not enough pressure on on critical downs that allowed them to turn long yardage 2nd downs into manageable 3rd downs and then converting on 3rd down.

pocketprotector

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2o8c7l1s said:

The idiots are running weeks on here!

Cartire

Reaction score
I just got back from the game. All you guys saying heat is not an excuse, shut up. You weren't there. I'm burnt from head to toe. It was stupid hot. AND, even thought the chargers home jersey is dark blue, they decided to wear white, which in turn forced us to wear out home jersey. Why do you think that was? Our guys were hot, tired. And dehydrated. If it was 15 degrees cooler, its game is way different. Anyone who says otherwise wasn't there and doesn't know.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":3gkx8i86 said:

shhhhh calmmmm doooowwwwnnnn

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Congrats Chargers you played a great game. The Chargers dictated this game from the get go. Credit goes to the Chargers for the win. They deserved. While I'm disappointed they lost, it only the second week of the season. This is a good learning lesson for a young team. They can't just walk in and expect to shut teams down. That's what the Seahawk defense did. They assumed they could do just that and got beat. As the superbowl champs, the Seahawks have a huge target on their back. They effort they gave today will not get it done.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
summesm":15yaik05 said:
Russ Willstrong":15yaik05 said:
Poor showing by our vaunted defense. LOB and our linebackers couldn't stop Gates and Royal on big play downs.
Can't rattle Rivers who RAN to convert two 3rd and long plays. Defense cant get off the field. Stupid penalties and missed tackles.
On offense we had penalties that set us back. Failed to sustain drives when we had the chance to go ahead . Baldwin dropping catches? Percy's fly sweep gets blown up for a loss..
I hope this is a fluke.
fly sweep was a week one play that every team will be ready for. 1st and ten last drive if we are going to run give the damm ball to lynch who when got the chance was picking up great yardage 6.0 average . harvin was non factor in game dont force it and may be big reason we lost game giving up fumble . bevell and carrol might want to get over there man crush with harvin. we have a great running back that got the ball 6 rushes (36 yrd) and 4 passes ( 27 yds). i know game dictates some of this but come on. and for the heat well there was both teams playing in the heat and anyone who been to san diego knows this is not normal heat and in month of july the average temp in san diego was 75 in august it was 77 and so far sept 76 wow like they been practicing in the extreme heat . last week it was warmer in seattle than there so lets not use that. we lost, need to regroup and learn and get back to going 1-0 each week and learn to tackle again these first 2 game we have mised or had tackles broken way to much
Yea teams are not only using the fly sweep now they are also learning to blow it up as it unfolds. And yes Marshawn up the gut or on read options should have been our bread and butter.
Well you remember what they say about hindsight? It's like a bitchy wife who's never wrong or something like that.
We still had a chance going into the final drive which is what I take from this. Props to Pete who keeps coaching to the last second--if Rivers isn't taking a knee so to run off more time than hit that mother like you're suppose to so we might get the ball back with a turn over on fumble or on downs.

Vpk0718

Reaction score
Both teams played in the same heat. Didn't seem to bother the Chargers at all. If it bothered the Seahawks, Pete and the coaching staff should have prepared them better for it.

Cartire

Reaction score
Vpk0718":ctgmmndj said:
Both teams played in the same heat. Didn't seem to bother the Chargers at all. If it bothered the Seahawks, Pete and the coaching staff should have prepared them better for it.

You do understand the difference between wearing dark colors and light colors in heat, right? San Diego sure did thus why they didn't wear their home colors. No, they decided to wear white. Leaving us to wear the dark colors. Yada yada, excuses, complaints, i don't care what you couch coaches think would have happen. I have zero idea how anybody can play in those without risking death. We were dieing in the stands, and we weren't running sprints.