I'm chalking this one up to Rivers and heat.

Sealake80

Reaction score
I chalk this one up to us not dominating. When you don't dominate an opponent there is always a chance they win. Chargers won. We lost. In fact I think we got dominated in many ways. Time of possession LOL. I'm reeling from the loss. I never expected to see the seahawks lose again LOL. Never expected the defense to have that much problem getting off the field and never expected Rivers to be that good. Holy cow! Rivers balled out. All bloodied and harassed he somehow held on to the ball and placed it just so... I'm not comfortable with the loss but it's +1 Chargers -1 Seahawks. They beat us today and I hope the defense learns the lessons and we can get back to the top! TOP LOB get off the field even in the HEAT! Stay up Seattle every season has its adversity and boy oh boy. :snack:

redeye81

Reaction score
The cardinals and 49ers will be 2-0... Those are the facts.. let's not kid ourselves we are in trouble if we don't win against Denver...

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
davidonmi":2q7ihfoo said:
Andrew luck sliced and diced our defense last year. Was that exposure, or just a great game played by luck?
I think this game is very similar
That game was not similar to this one, and Luck did not "slice and dice" us. He was 16/29 for 229 yards, two TDs 0 ints, which included a 73-yard Hilton pass reception on broken coverage from a miscommunication between Sherman and Earl.

Not even remotely similar. Rivers was infinitely more effective against us today than Luck was against us last year. Come on.

Largent80

Reaction score
The heat was so oppressive, I couldn't imagine having to play on that field today
Were dving home now at 7;30 and the temperature is 97

Cartire

Reaction score
Largent80":12t610fy said:
The heat was so oppressive, I couldn't imagine having to play on that field today

Honestly. And i do belive SD had the advantage deciding to go with white, HOWEVER, the heat was so bad, both teams were affected and the game was just a slosh fest.

It's also why I have zero concern for the team. Any normal temp time, I think we win this hands down.

Microfiber

Reaction score
BKCW":1vtghx52 said:
RolandDeschain":1vtghx52 said:
Stop this absurd "heat" junk right here and now, IMO.

We lost because our defense played a very mediocre game and the Chargers went 4 for 4 on fumble recoveries, which practically NEVER happens. As Football Outsiders says, forcing fumbles is an art, recovering them is completely random.

I think your word choice of "absurd" is absurd. It is very logical assessment to attribute the poor play on defense to the 110+ heat. It saps your energy and stamina which in turn leads to an increase in mental mistakes. Today's game was filled with mental mistakes compounded by exceptional play by our opponent. The environment is always in play and is part of the home field advantage, today San Diego's worked.

SOOOOOO...... First the temperature started at 100.... Now it's up to 110......

When I checked the temp at the start of the 3rd it was 86.......Which was at 3ish pm... The HOTTEST part of the day...If were going to make excuses, lets pray the packers don't get the #1 seed, because it's much harder to play in -10 than in 86

bottom line is we played bad... Please stop making temperature excuses, it makes our entire fan base look like the babies the rest of the country claims we are.

Microfiber

Reaction score
Largent80":1tl98ney said:

the temperature in san diego right now at 7:53 is 81..............it dropped almost 20 degrees in 15 minutes???

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Microfiber":308fv1h3 said:
BKCW":308fv1h3 said:
RolandDeschain":308fv1h3 said:
Stop this absurd "heat" junk right here and now, IMO.

We lost because our defense played a very mediocre game and the Chargers went 4 for 4 on fumble recoveries, which practically NEVER happens. As Football Outsiders says, forcing fumbles is an art, recovering them is completely random.

I think your word choice of "absurd" is absurd. It is very logical assessment to attribute the poor play on defense to the 110+ heat. It saps your energy and stamina which in turn leads to an increase in mental mistakes. Today's game was filled with mental mistakes compounded by exceptional play by our opponent. The environment is always in play and is part of the home field advantage, today San Diego's worked.

SOOOOOO...... First the temperature started at 100.... Now it's up to 110......

When I checked the temp at the start of the 3rd it was 86.......Which was at 3ish pm... The HOTTEST part of the day...If were going to make excuses, lets pray the packers don't get the #1 seed, because it's much harder to play in -10 than in 86

bottom line is we played bad... Please stop making temperature excuses, it makes our entire fan base look like the babies the rest of the country claims we are.

Struggling with the concept of radiant heat, I see.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Absolutely heat was a factor. It was a factor because we got schooled; not the other way around. If we would have stopped them early and controlled the TOP for 42 minutes, their defense would have been gassed.

I'm no world class athlete, but I was struggling just standing for the entire game in shorts and a tank top. I can't imagine running in full pads and helmets for 42 minutes

We will be OK, Bolts played a hell of a game.

hoxrox

Reaction score
rjdriver":25z1a7f6 said:
Absolutely heat was a factor. It was a factor because we got schooled; not the other way around. If we would have stopped them early and controlled the TOP for 42 minutes, their defense would have been gassed.

I'm no world class athlete, but I was struggling just standing for the entire game in shorts and a tank top. I can't imagine running in full pads and helmets for 42 minutes

We will be OK, Bolts played a hell of a game.

The defense was bad today but the offense didn't sustain any long drives to give them a chance to rest in that sweltering heat. You do that by pounding the ball with Beast at 6 YPC - not by getting pass happy and cute with sweeps. Do that stuff at home. On the road, you pound the ball and get in favorable downs and distances.

Chargers dinked and dunked all day and did exactly what they needed to do to beat our soft coverage. Their plan was to tire out the defense and not allow any substitutions. It worked.

This one's on the coaches game plan and preparation., IMO

chris98251

Reaction score
Field temperature is almost always higher than that in the stands, reporters were keeping track of the on field temperature throughout the game and it was measured at 110 and 115 at one point I think hearing.

Largent80

Reaction score
Microfiber":5evowhm4 said:
Largent80":5evowhm4 said:

the temperature in san diego right now at 7:53 is 81..............it dropped almost 20 degrees in 15 minutes???

San Diego city is next to the water and the stadium in inland. Trust me, this was the hottest game I have ever attended in my over 50 years of attending.

We absolutely took the entire city over. I had great seats and I could see the plays unfolding. I also saw outr guys absolutely demolished by the heat. I saw us shoot ourselves in the foot so many times. Irvin?....what are you DOING?

KJ Wright got utterly abused on pass plays, he was dreadful.

Just a few thought snow that I'm home.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Largent80":1tr4bbuc said:
Microfiber":1tr4bbuc said:
Largent80":1tr4bbuc said:

San Diego city is next to the water and the stadium in inland. Trust me, this was the hottest game I have ever attended in my over 50 years of attending.

We absolutely took the entire city over. I had great seats and I could see the plays unfolding. I also saw outr guys absolutely demolished by the heat. I saw us shoot ourselves in the foot so many times. Irvin?....what are you DOING?

KJ Wright got utterly abused on pass plays, he was dreadful.

Just a few thought snow that I'm home.

Snow????

J/K. I was very impressed to see Rivers having difficulty with his audibles. Great job repping the 12, L80.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Serious question - Why didn't the heat affect SD's offense as much as our defense?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
chris98251":31e74z1o said:
Field temperature is almost always higher than that in the stands, reporters were keeping track of the on field temperature throughout the game and it was measured at 110 and 115 at one point I think hearing.
"On-field temperature" still needs to be taken in the shade. The thermometer they were showing was sitting in sunshine. Just trust me on this. Better yet, go ask it on a meteorologist web forum; don't take my word for it.

davidonmi

Reaction score
redeye81":faebe0g9 said:
The cardinals and 49ers will be 2-0... Those are the facts.. let's not kid ourselves we are in trouble if we don't win against Denver...
Good one

chris98251

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":286o6ssp said:
chris98251":286o6ssp said:
"On-field temperature" still needs to be taken in the shade. The thermometer they were showing was sitting in sunshine. Just trust me on this. Better yet, go ask it on a meteorologist web forum; don't take my word for it.

When did they bring the Shade trees onto the field, I missed that part of the game:)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
chris98251":2g2e777o said:
When did they bring the Shade trees onto the field, I missed that part of the game:)
You can take a pic of a thermometer showing 65 degrees on a sunny day in the middle of winter in Wisconsin when the real temperature is below freezing. Get the point, yet? :)

chris98251

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":4i10vlc2 said:
chris98251":4i10vlc2 said:
You can take a pic of a thermometer showing 65 degrees on a sunny day in the middle of winter in Wisconsin when the real temperature is below freezing. Get the point, yet? :)

If they were cycling to the sidelines and able to cool down more I would say that it was less effective, but they were out there so long that dehydration started to creep in. Again on their performance that helped create a problem due to the heat.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Oh, I'm not saying the heat wasn't a factor. It was. I'm saying it's not an excuse for anything, and that the actual temperature never reached triple digits, is all. :)