Bummed!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I was SO looking forward to the moment of the Championship banner reveal. I was in my seat a good hour before it started. Then the ceremony started and the damn action on the field took my eyes away from the banner...Next thing I know, the banner was already lifted! Talk about misdirection!

My wife had to nudge me as I thought the crowd was reacting to the people on the field unfolding the oversized banner like an American flag but in fact that was the exact moment they lifted the black covering from the real banner.

BOOOOO!!!

Seriously? I mean, no announcer saying "And now, the Seahawks would like to bring your attention to the banners on the west side...blah, blah..."

Final gripe and then it's back to being happy about a 36-16 beating of the Pack...

I was hoping the banner would be navy blue or green or any color other than white. It blends too much.

Okay that is my only gripe! I promise! :snack:

Sealake80

Reaction score
I didn't see it on tv either. Next time I'm at the stadium I'll have to give it a look and let it soak in. I thought the broadcast and presentation of the show tonight on TV was pretty bad

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, still going through all the pregame shows, and have yet to hit the main attraction. Curious how it is covered on TV.

Evil Dead

Reaction score
You must've missed the beginning of the broadcast. They showed all of the Hawks Nest being covered with the Champions banner, then they cut to the banner in the rafters still covered and showed it being revealed, before they ever showed the large replica on the field. I thought it was covered properly....seemed like more than other past reigning champions' opening night.

Seeing the HOF trio raise the 12th Man Flag was awesome!

Sorry you missed it Aros.

EDIT: I was responding to Sealake about the broadcast before seeing that you're watching for it now...

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Evil Dead":2w79rfyo said:
You must've missed the beginning of the broadcast. They showed all of the Hawks Nest being covered with the Champions banner, then they cut to the banner in the rafters still covered and showed it being revealed, before they ever showed the large replica on the field. I thought it was covered properly....seemed like more than other past reigning champions' opening night.

Yea, this. Plus the five or six times they replayed it throughout the night. Don't worry; you'll get to see it over and over on the highlights.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2dp63g08 said:
Evil Dead":2dp63g08 said:

Yea, this. Plus the five or six times they replayed it throughout the night. Don't worry; you'll get to see it over and over on the highlights.

Or you could just be back at the Clink to see it all over again next year. :stirthepot:

Tumblr muxmsnExLQ1rte5u0o2 500

Tumblr mldfdbR05s1s3400oo1 400

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah sounds like the TV coverage was spot on. SIGH.

Smoke

Reaction score
I have not one gripe. not one. I have never been so happy as a Seahawks fan. ever.

tooshort

Reaction score
Aros..no shit on all points! Seemed like a mis-timed preseason intro from years past.

I got there at 4:00 then at 5:15 thought " cool they're gonna drop the curtain either after the player intros or the 12 flag raising to really get this place loud"

Then misdirection...oh cool there's the banner...no player intros....what just happened?

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
What a great event! Normally the Armed Forces Network favors East coast teams, but today they had no other choice than to air The Hawks, LOL! I saw all of it! Very well done. Must have been a glitch in the stadium sound system because they definitly were callin attention to the banner... or maybe Todd's ears were blown out during his rockin 80s. :)

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
I agree. Was great to see a full game here in Qatar. The coverage was great, especially the unveiling of the Banner. Gave me chills to see that!