GOTY

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
(Game Of The Year)

The official playoffs don’t start for a month but make no mistake the playoffs started today for us and we are now 1-0.

We have three more games to make it in to the “official” playoffs and our chances just grew exponentially.

Defense looked terrible early but to their credit they really rebounded. I am so impressed with Lock. Steady Eddie. No game seems to be too big for him. This kid truly has a future whether with us or elsewhere. A 92 yard drive to win the game against one of the best teams in the league on Monday Night Football?

Yeah bro, you earn the right to party tonight.

JSN. Lord have mercy. A jewel we have in our midsts. Along with Spoon, might be the best first round picks in decades.

DK didn’t have the numbers but that catch before the game winning TD was fire as my daughter would say.

Enough talk of wanting DK to be traded. He may not be the most mature player but damn it if he doesn’t want to win and he’s a freak of nature on the field.

Good lord we needed this win. Congratulations to the players, coaches, fans…We needed this emotional boost.

7-7. Not where we wanted to be at this stage but we are now right in the thick of things to get into the dance.

Go Hawks!

keasley45

Reaction score
Yup.

Its a matter of perspective and timing.

If we'd handily beat the Rams and then lost close games to Sf, Dallas and Philly, everyone one be much more positive about 7-7.

Instead, we had to bottom out for Pete to get angry enough to light some dudes up.

The end result will likely be the same if we win out, (and get a little help). But we may actually be in a better spot now the route we've gone for having exorcized the demons of complacency and dissent that seemed to have seeped into the lockeroom.

From here on out, let the guys who bring the fire and smarts play. I've been pulling for Adams, but if he's too injured or too self interested to get the job done, sit him and let Love and Bryant play. Same with Woolen. Let Jackson see the field.

For the love of Pete, Pete... keep your foot on their backs. Keep them on point.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes let’s give Love some love. What a nice signing. Baller. Adams take notes.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Cheers, and oh by the way that Padron and Blantons sure was tasty!

keasley45

Reaction score
It's pretty cool that 2 former teammates on the Giants came through in such a big way for us. And it's symbolic in a way that 2 outsiders before this year embodied Hawks ball more than the players who have been here do. I'd add to them, Witherspoon, Reed, Mafe, Brooks and Nwosu. I think the real leaders of the team are starting to show.

But man, I wish Nwosu was with us. Things would be very different with him on the field.

LTH

Reaction score
Yup.

Its a matter of perspective and timing.

If we'd handily beat the Rams and then lost close games to Sf, Dallas and Philly, everyone one be much more positive about 7-7.

Instead, we had to bottom out for Pete to get angry enough to light some dudes up.

The end result will likely be the same if we win out, (and get a little help). But we may actually be in a better spot now the route we've gone for having exorcized the demons of complacency and dissent that seemed to have seeped into the lockeroom.

From here on out, let the guys who bring the fire and smarts play. I've been pulling for Adams, but if he's too injured or too self interested to get the job done, sit him and let Love and Bryant play. Same with Woolen. Let Jackson see the field.

For the love of Pete, Pete... keep your foot on their backs. Keep them on point.
I agree with everything you said.

I think something that, not you, but many are overlooking is continuity on the O line. I think we are seeing big time improvement with in this unit.

10 different combinations until the Dallas game gave these top notch teams with in that 4 game slide an advantage.

They played well against Dallas...hung in there the 2nd game vs SF... then had their best game of the season vs the eagles. I just think for the last three games they are starting to put it all together. That's 3 of the best D lines in the NFC. Usually teams regress in that circumstance

Just my take

LTH

DarkVictory23

Reaction score
I agree with everything you said.

I think something that, not you, but many are overlooking is continuity on the O line. I think we are seeing big time improvement with in this unit.

10 different combinations until the Dallas game gave these top notch teams with in that 4 game slide an advantage.

They played well against Dallas...hung in there the 2nd game vs SF... then had their best game of the season vs the eagles. I just think for the last three games they are starting to put it all together. That's 3 of the best D lines in the NFC. Usually teams regress in that circumstance

Just my take

LTH
I really hope you're right because that could be a real good sign for this offense.

The way our run game popped off tonight was a great sign, too. I mean, a lot of that was Walker just being ridiculous but he actually had some holes to hit.

I'm trying to not get too excited, because last time I was feeling good we were 6-3 and, well, you were there...

keasley45

Reaction score
Where are all the Jalen Carter, could shoulda woulda posts? Williams outplayed him by my eyes. He had the sack and a nice play here or there, but overall? Williams, Spoon and JSN are far > than Carter and whoever we would have gotten later on with how differently the draft may have fallen.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Carter will be serviceable but I will but my next two paychecks he doesn't find his way to Canton.

Spoon on the other hand just might.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
DK did what stars should do… elevate your teammates. That’s what he did in the final drive.

LTH

Reaction score
I really hope you're right because that could be a real good sign for this offense.

The way our run game popped off tonight was a great sign, too. I mean, a lot of that was Walker just being ridiculous but he actually had some holes to hit.

I'm trying to not get too excited, because last time I was feeling good we were 6-3 and, well, you were there...
I think what the Hawks proved tonight was they have the capability to beat top teams. I think now what they have to do is continue to improve on building consistancy with that continuity. As well they need to get rid of the holding penalties that kill drives.

The next three games are games a play off team should win... hopefully there will be no regression or new injuries.

LTH

Jase

Reaction score
Yes let’s give Love some love. What a nice signing. Baller. Adams take notes.
Love did some early Earl Thomas business tonight. Maybe got away with one but he was all over the place!

But like Lock said - this was a team effort. DK was clutch, K9 took over the 3rd quarter, and Williams was doing what he should. Great close win against a formidable team.

Happy for our guys - great job.

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
I think what the Hawks proved tonight was they have the capability to beat top teams. I think now what they have to do is continue to improve on building consistancy with that continuity. As well they need to get rid of the holding penalties that kill drives.

The next three games are games a play off team should win... hopefully there will be no regression or new injuries.

LTH
I think it was also a message that if you give us a chance and we play as a team we will beat you - postgame interviews really highlighted the whole team idea - everyone was praising other people and the team

The team. This is the first game (besides maybe - maybe - Detroit) this season where it looked and smelled like a team on both sides of the ball.

With that said you would figure that coaches would have figured this out earlier. Oh well. Hopefully they can spark more joints off this one.

Weadoption

Reaction score
man Leonard Williams was a great pick up. Have to keep that man going into next season.

evergreen

Reaction score
A heroic quality win overall. Clearly having Lucas back makes a huge difference. I did see K9 pass up a huge hole to try and get outside once. Otherwise he was willing it open

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
(Game Of The Year)

The official playoffs don’t start for a month but make no mistake the playoffs started today for us and we are now 1-0.

We have three more games to make it in to the “official” playoffs and our chances just grew exponentially.

Defense looked terrible early but to their credit they really rebounded. I am so impressed with Lock. Steady Eddie. No game seems to be too big for him. This kid truly has a future whether with us or elsewhere. A 92 yard drive to win the game against one of the best teams in the league on Monday Night Football?

Yeah bro, you earn the right to party tonight.

JSN. Lord have mercy. A jewel we have in our midsts. Along with Spoon, might be the best first round picks in decades.

DK didn’t have the numbers but that catch before the game winning TD was fire as my daughter would say.

Enough talk of wanting DK to be traded. He may not be the most mature player but damn it if he doesn’t want to win and he’s a freak of nature on the field.

Good lord we needed this win. Congratulations to the players, coaches, fans…We needed this emotional boost.

7-7. Not where we wanted to be at this stage but we are now right in the thick of things to get into the dance.

Go Hawks!
I want to give some credit to what’s usually the forgotten men in a game-winning drive— the offensive line. Just one sack during the drive would have practically ended the game. The OL held up against Eagles all-out pass rush time after time. Well done!

WarHawks

Reaction score
My favorite part of the game was the 2 minute mark, before the drive started. The anticipation, knowing this was such a huge opportunity for Lock, and not knowing if he could pull it off...and when he did, it made it that much sweeter. This is the stuff you remember years later. Career defining moments in big games, on MNF no less. Well done. Well done.

Our penchant for playing well on mnf must be why the nfl flexed this one. It would seem they are more prescient than we give them credit for.