Prisco somewhat defends Hawks regarding Fail Mary game

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pet ... see-ghosts

Half the reason I'm posting this is because a lot of people around here hate Prisco, so it amuses me to post an article by him not only defending our win of that game but also the fact that he's kind of shaming people for ignoring a huge part of that game - the fact that we got eight sacks in the first half, which is mostly what this article is about. A couple juicy quotes to get you to read:

Pete Prisco":3vlfurc7 said:
Aaron Rodgers took a beating like none other that night. The Seahawks brutalized the Green Bay quarterback, tossing him around like rabid dogs with a toy doll. Since the two teams meet again in the season opener Thursday back at CenturyLink Field in Seattle, it's a good time to look back at that game, not just the ending.
It's unlikely Rodgers will take a beating like that again. That was as impressive a first half as you'll see from a defense. It's just too bad few remember it.
When I talked with Red Bryant about the Hail Mary game, he said it never should have come to down to that because Green Bay kept their go-ahead drive alive on a bad call. "That was a make up for the bad PI call on Kam Chancellor," Bryant said. I went back and studied that play, and he was right. On a third-and-10 from the Seattle 47, Rodgers tried to stick in a slant to Finley. But Chancellor came up and made a great play on the ball, only to get called for PI. It wasn't even close. That kept alive Green Bay's only touchdown drive of the game.

Packers fans, take note of that last part. I've pointed it out many times on this forum over the past two years, as have others, and I've done it on a few Packers forums, and you all love to ignore it. You never should have had a touchdown in the first place, so stop your whining about Wail Mary and move on...to a defeat tonight by a much larger point margin.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
I'm also in the camp that is really disappointed that the demolishing of the Packers OL and sack-fest was overshadowed by the end of the game. I've been in disbelief two times in recent years watching Seahawks games: one was Mr. Lynch's run and the other was the DL's performance that night.