Walters, Should he will he make the team?

StoneCold

Reaction score
Seems to have some moves and I prefer him returning punts to Thomas. Yes Thomas ripped off one for a nice gain, but he has looked awkward back there. I've kind of adopted Walters as my preseason Hawk. I have no skills for evaluating who would be better or worse, I just like the gutsy way he plays.

SC

m0ng0

Reaction score
Russ went to bat for him in his post game comments, not sure what that means

Basis4day

Reaction score
Will be difficult when we're likely only keeping 5-6 WR.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Two concerns with Walters: injury history and ball security. I think he makes the final 53. If he gets hurt or coughs the ball up too much, they can always activate Kevin Norwood off the PUP list.

endzorn

Reaction score
The only reason Wilson lobbied for him is because he wants Walters to make the team so Pryor gets bumped. I think Wilson is scared Pryor will end up starting and cost him the huge contract he wants to get his greedy little fingers on.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
endzorn":1j3wuuck said:
The only reason Wilson lobbied for him is because he wants Walters to make the team so Pryor gets bumped. I think Wilson is scared Pryor will end up starting and cost him the huge contract he wants to get his greedy little fingers on.
You forgot the sarcasm tag.

chrispy

Reaction score
ball security....

In his postgame interview, he said that was the first time he ever fumbled... ever.... Don't know how true it is or if he was referring to only certain situations or portions of his career, but relevant if we're talking about him and ball security.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
endzorn":1vmmb2gb said:
LOL............................... Are you serious Clark?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think he makes the roster, and then gets released when Norwood is back to full health.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
endzorn":8091ly32 said:
Not sure if serious...

On a more serious note I do think he makes the roster and it would even be better if it's at Pryor's expense.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score

As much as you think the team trusts Harvin and Thomas to return its just not smart especially for the whole season. Walters has value because:

1. He's the most polished, most versatile WR than either Lockette and Bates
2. He can Punt Return
3. He can Kick Return
4. He also plays on Coverage Teams

I think Walters will make the team

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1q7a2cun said:
Two concerns with Walters: injury history and ball security. I think he makes the final 53. If he gets hurt or coughs the ball up too much, they can always activate Kevin Norwood off the PUP list.

According to the post game interview with Tony V., Brian said that was the first time he has fumbled this year.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2n8it6l8 said:
hawknation2014":2n8it6l8 said:

According to the post game interview with Tony V., Brian said that was the first time he has fumbled this year.

Also, is Norwood even on the PUP list. He passed his physical and practiced even if it was once or twice.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Only way I can really see this happening is if Seattle keeps 6 WRs, and IRs Norwood, and keeps two QBs and/or 4 RBs.

It's possible, but you're going to have to lose Norwood for the year.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1o5mdta8 said:
DavidSeven":1o5mdta8 said:
Only way I can really see this happening is if Seattle keeps 6 WRs, and IRs Norwood, and keeps two QBs and/or 4 RBs.

It's possible.
Why only 4 RB's?

Seattle usually carries 5 WRs (even while only carrying two QBs), so an extra spot would have to come from somewhere.

Could break down like this (assuming 25 offense, 25 defense, 3 ST):

2 QB
4 RB
6 WR
3 TE
10 OL

They can carry 5 RB/6 WR if they drop a TE or OL, which is very possible. Can't see them carrying 7 WRs tho, so Norwood would need to be IR'ed if we keep Walters (assuming Lockette's spot is safe).

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I can easily see the Seahawks only carrying 4 running backs this year with ware being the casualty.